The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-27-2009, 09:50 PM
Majesty

Are A-levels considered university preparatory?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle View Post
Can anyone explain O- and A- levels to me? I've never had a good explanation.

Old 03-30-2009, 06:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

Have you read Harry Potter?

Remember OWLs and NEWTs.

They are sort of based on the idea of A and O levels.

At the end of compulsory years of school students sat O levels when Diana was at school. I believe they are now called GCSEs. These are externally set and marked nationwide exams. William has about 12 of them. They can sit one or more earlier than others as well.

In the last couple of years of school students choose what to study and sit nationwide exams in these subjects. William did History of Art, Geography and at least one other subject if my memory serves me correctly. These are called A levels.

The number and grade of the A levels determines, for most people, what uni and what course a student is eligible to undertake. They may also be used by other institutions to determine entry.

Harry did a couple of A levels and got a D for one of them - indicating a pass but not a strong pass. I think Eugenie has the most A's of the royals.

Diana didn't get any O levels, which indicates a poor academic achievement. She herself admitted that she wasn't very bright and that is what that indicates. She was street smart (she could read people) but not academically smart.

Old 04-02-2009, 04:49 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Didn't notice that in Harry Potter, wasn't a great fan of those books in any case (sorry!).

Yes, I knew that the end result was that, in the USA we would have said that Diana didn't graduate high school and wouldn't be going on to higher education. Another missed opportunity for this young lady (I wouldn't have tolerated that from my teenager).
Old 04-02-2009, 07:28 PM
Majesty

I've wondered sometimes whether Diana had an attention-deficit problem. Patrick Jephson said that she had trouble concentrating during meetings, and she was also known to have a high level of energy well into her adult years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Diana didn't get any O levels, which indicates a poor academic achievement. She herself admitted that she wasn't very bright and that is what that indicates. She was street smart (she could read people) but not academically smart.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Great avatars,monic.I like specially the second and the sixth one.Thanks
Old 10-19-2009, 03:08 PM
Aristocracy

Great avatars of Diana,Monic!She was so beautiful in those pictures!!!It's pleasure to see the avatars where she was with her sons!
The important thing is not to be bitter over life's dissapointments.Learn to let go of the past and recognise that every day won't be sunny.But when you find yourself in the darkness of despare,rememmber that it is only in the black of night you can see stars,and those stars will lead you home!So don't be afraid to make mistakes,to stumble and fall,cause most of the time the greatest rewards come from doing the things that scare you the most!!! :)
Old 10-20-2009, 06:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

I love these two covers.Magazines without Diana have no so much interest.It was always a pleasure to see her so elegant and kind.
Princess Grace and Princess Diana in the cover together is great,as they had many things in common,pretty ,elegant,fairytale princesses,icons of fashion,who died young in a car accident...
In the last cover she is specially pretty.Diana was beautiful inside and outside.Thanks maryamj
I like specially these two covers,I like the hat in the first one ,and the pink dress in the second.Thanks dear maryamj
Old 01-07-2010, 04:58 PM

beautiful avatars i like it
Old 01-20-2010, 07:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like these specially.They reflect her beauty both inside and outside. In the second one,we can see how much she suffered.Thanks dear gfg02
Old 01-22-2010, 07:32 PM
Serene Highness

Site with some magazines
Neue Seite 1
Old 01-28-2010, 10:45 AM
Courtier

The covers of the magazines you posted are great, gfg02! I wish I could collect all of these magazines.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:07 AM
Commoner

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Alina/Desktop/alina/diana/poze%20trucate%20diana/18Z5I-104-1.jpg
Old 08-02-2010, 12:12 PM
Serene Highness

A rare magazine
Picture #10284166 - Princess Diana - 450 x 619
Old 09-22-2010, 06:07 AM
Commoner

Smile Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1981 View Post
i got e-mail today one of my member and send me of Princess Diana's new websites its makes me really surprises so if you would like see view of their websites.

~Princess Diana ~ if that websites will work out hope so! fingers cross
It's a great site i really like it thanks Sara
Old 11-01-2010, 07:55 PM
Serene Highness

princess-diana-featured-on-100th-anniversary-issue-of-womens-wear-daily-magazine.html

Princess Diana featured on 100th Anniversary issue of \'Women\'s Wear Daily\' magazine - Princess Diana Remembered

Tags
diana princess of wales, magazine covers, memorabilia, pictures, princess diana