The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1261  
Old 07-29-2018, 08:49 PM
Zaira's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: A, United States
Posts: 1,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
If Samantha went to the University of Pennsylvania, there is no reason for her to be spiteful about Meghan having gone to Northwestern. Interesting.
Sam went to Penn? Hmm, imma call BS on that...anyone have a source? I always heard she didn't go to college and went into modeling...
__________________

  #1262  
Old 07-29-2018, 08:52 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
If Samantha went to the University of Pennsylvania, there is no reason for her to be spiteful about Meghan having gone to Northwestern. Interesting. She was certainly not deprived of an expensive education at a name school.

Samantha could of gone most anywhere she wanted to go that her grades would of allowed her in....like many people in the U.S. There are tons of scholarships, grants (gifts not needing repaid) and student loans. So she has 0 reason to say anything even if Meghan had gone to Harvard.


LaRae
__________________

  #1263  
Old 07-29-2018, 08:58 PM
O-H Anglophile's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 3,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Samantha could of gone most anywhere she wanted to go that her grades would of allowed her in....like many people in the U.S. There are tons of scholarships, grants (gifts not needing repaid) and student loans. So she has 0 reason to say anything even if Meghan had gone to Harvard.


LaRae
Yeah, if she wanted to pay with loans and be in tremendous debt for years--but scholarships and grants are not that plentiful. But if her father paid for her education like he supposedly did Meghan's--at a name school that is expensive, they had equal opportunities and she can't pretend she was deprived.
  #1264  
Old 07-29-2018, 09:05 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Durham, United States
Posts: 1,419
Given Sanmatha's age she may very well have had other sources at her disposal for school. The issue of huge college loans were not so much an issue at the time she went to school.
  #1265  
Old 07-29-2018, 09:06 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Had Samantha gone to an Ivy League school, she would’ve put that all over the place. On the other hand, does it matter where she went to school? She obviously didn’t do much with it.
  #1266  
Old 07-29-2018, 09:27 PM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades CA, United States
Posts: 4,420
I personally think Mr Markle Sr will be unlikely to have royalty attend his funeral the way things are going. Meghan must be experiencing what her father is doing as a harrowing betrayal. But it also may be that all his demons have suddenly (and unexpectedly) re-emerged.

I am one who thinks the pressure of appearing at the wedding did something to him: either he fell-off-the-wagon or he's gone a bit doddy in the head. Maybe he was an ugly drunk. Maybe he was a nightmare when on drugs. But none of that prepared Meghan for what has eventuated, I think. Poor kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
I believe the media are trying to sabotage Meghan with these stories. I see in a few years they will treat her as bad as Sarah Ferguson.

It had always struck me as ironic that there is an anti bullying campaign going on yet the media gets away with bullying famous people. They are trying to destroy her and I'm tired of the fact that nobody from the legit media will call these people out.
It's the Gladiator Games on another level: a 'blood sport' to titillate. Very like the serialization of the novels in 19th century newspapers with chapters published every week. Their intentions may be very short-sighted: destruction of said object of focus merely a side 'benefit' (if it occurs).

I certainly do hope that Meghan and Harry are indestructible, and all this has only served to bond them more securely and profoundly. (Someone has mentioned this). Bright spot: true love conquering all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Reem View Post
And yes, the Royals will at some point have had their fill of the ongoing defamation antics. I do believe they’re simply bidding their time...
What are they biding their time to do, though? Not saying you are wrong, but wondering what they might be 'biding their time' about? If they can do something to stop the circus from expanding, why not do it now, rather than 'biding their time' before they pounce to put an end to it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalriada View Post
I think Ingrid Seward (editor of Majesty Magazine) offers us an alternative opinion on the subject that has foresight about how far this story would go:
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle...ectid=12097494
Very flawed thinking in this article. (A lot of bad 'facts'). Besides which what Meghan did or didn't do, or does or doesn't do, now or into the future, is no one's business, least of all a journalist's. JMO.

All the above said (and I do wish the best for them) I do think that there is a possibility that there will come a day when the stars are no longer aligned and the 7-year itch ensues. How will Harry and Meghan manage it? Meghan may take the opportunity to get free of royal life and bolt. Harry may go into purdah, foreswearing public life for good. Dunno. For now they are weathering it. But if there are ever challenges in the marriage I could see all this adding pepper to the pot, to an already spicy stew. We will see. Stay strong, Meghan and Harry!
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
  #1267  
Old 07-29-2018, 09:29 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Washington DC, United States
Posts: 489
I don't care about Samantha Grant. Thomas Markle Sr. is still running his mouth and giving interviews. I think he is trying to force Harry and Meghan into taking to him by giving these interviews.

Why does he not get that Meghan won't talk to him because he gave an interview without their ok, was paid for it, and he revealed a personal conversation between he and Harry and to top it all of he is still talking to the press. Meghan doesn't trust her father any longer and I can't blame her.

Meghan is ignoring all of them as she should!
  #1268  
Old 07-29-2018, 09:44 PM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades CA, United States
Posts: 4,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post
I don't care about Samantha Grant. Thomas Markle Sr. is still running his mouth and giving interviews. I think he is trying to force Harry and Meghan into talking to him by giving these interviews.

Why does he not get that Meghan won't talk to him because he gave an interview without their ok, was paid for it, and he revealed a personal conversation between he and Harry and to top it all of he is still talking to the press. Meghan doesn't trust her father any longer and I can't blame her.

Meghan is ignoring all of them as she should!
He doesn't 'get it' because he is either drunk or fuddled. Simple as that. No logic. IMO.
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
  #1269  
Old 07-29-2018, 10:13 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: cuyahoga falls, United States
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
If Samantha went to the University of Pennsylvania, there is no reason for her to be spiteful about Meghan having gone to Northwestern. Interesting. She was certainly not deprived of an expensive education at a name school if this is true.
Samantha later,after being diagnosed with MS, went back to school and graduated with a PHD in psychology ,secondary in criminology. There is
a photo of her in cap & gown sitting in wheelchair with Meghan standing
next to her..Meghan and Tom Sr attended her graduation,yet she told the
media back in 2016 that Meghan never saw her in a wheelchair because
she was ashamed of her. That photo paints a very different picture as well
as the body language in the photograph. Mystery as to who leaked that photo .
was it Tom Sr or Noel. Noel is sitting on other side of Samantha but was edited
out of picture,,you can see her little arms.
  #1270  
Old 07-29-2018, 10:18 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
https://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...03ee0d05528c93

Quote:
Yet despite what commentators are suggesting, it’s not Meghan who has turned her back on her dad. Rather, he has betrayed her not once, but time and time again as she tries to build a life with the man she loves.

A parent is always a parent, and so it’s incumbent on Markle to step up and be a dignified and protective father — not a headline-seeking traitor to the daughter he professes to adore.

He may be a “lonely and vulnerable” man as some are claiming but, at 74, he has sufficient wisdom to know that loyalty and love is what Meghan most needs right now.
  #1271  
Old 07-29-2018, 10:37 PM
ACO ACO is online now
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooky929 View Post
Samantha later,after being diagnosed with MS, went back to school and graduated with a PHD in psychology ,secondary in criminology. There is
a photo of her in cap & gown sitting in wheelchair with Meghan standing
next to her..Meghan and Tom Sr attended her graduation,yet she told the
media back in 2016 that Meghan never saw her in a wheelchair because
she was ashamed of her. That photo paints a very different picture as well
as the body language in the photograph. Mystery as to who leaked that photo .
was it Tom Sr or Noel. Noel is sitting on other side of Samantha but was edited
out of picture,,you can see her little arms.
Where are you getting this info? Serious question. Sam has a motor for a mouth and all this is new to it seems many. If she went to an Ivy League it would be on record and she would be bragging like she does with everything. She didn't. And a PhD? From where? Sam is full of a lot of things but that aint one of them.
  #1272  
Old 07-29-2018, 10:43 PM
M. Payton's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: USA, United States
Posts: 1,850
Know how long it takes to get a PhD in anything.......Sam does not have that kind of fortitude to accomplish that task.......so let's have the actual *facts* when, where, cost, university, dates, all signed sealed and delivered here as that is what TRF deals in ....Facts only!
  #1273  
Old 07-29-2018, 11:29 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Moose Jaw, Canada
Posts: 288
If Sam had a PhD. She would insist on being called Dr. Samantha everywhere she appears and it would probably be part of her Twitter bio and Twitter handle.
  #1274  
Old 07-29-2018, 11:51 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Somewhere in, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,184
Samantha and Mr Markle have clearly publicly joined their forces and are in full on attack mode. We'll Samantha even more than before.

They lack any form of self awareness. Samantha claims, that any humanitarian would understand, but fails to see, how any decent human would stop this one sided public bullying and abuse.

They claim that every single thing is Meghan's fault, she's responsible of fixing everything.

Funny, though, that the tabloids haven't found any dirt at all on Meghan. Nothing scandalous in her past, at all. So they blame her father's drug abuse on her. You really can't make this up.
  #1275  
Old 07-30-2018, 12:02 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Derby, United States
Posts: 205
In everything I have read about Samantha Markle, I cannot find anything saying she actually graduated from a university. Not sayin she did or did not, but right now I cannot find any article that said Samantha Markle graduated from University XYZ in this field. Only the daily Mail shows one picture.

The Daily Mail picture of the Dutchess and the half sister shows the sister holding a piece of paper....but it is too blurry to read.

The picture of the Dutchess and the half sister Samantha, show Samatha in a grey/silver gown. I called up University of Pennsylvania PHD gowns and that is NOT a gown a PHD candidate would wear. Many universities have the candidates wear a black gown with a collar of the college. Some wear colored gowns but have black velvet stripes on the sleeves along with other parts of the gown in black. The colored parts on the gown designated the college the PHD is from. So IMO th picture we see is not of a PHD candidate.

Is SM has a PHD, I am surprised she is not shouting it to the world and showing off every one he diplomas.

My hubby said PHD actually may mean “pile higher then dirt”....just saying.
  #1276  
Old 07-30-2018, 12:11 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
That photo of Meghan and Samantha in cap and gown is for bachlor’s fegree at best. Master’s have a hood, which Samantha didn’t have on. And that was in 2008, so...
  #1277  
Old 07-30-2018, 01:17 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: alpine village, Germany
Posts: 2,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post

All the above said (and I do wish the best for them) I do think that there is a possibility that there will come a day when the stars are no longer aligned and the 7-year itch ensues. How will Harry and Meghan manage it? Meghan may take the opportunity to get free of royal life and bolt. Harry may go into purdah, foreswearing public life for good. Dunno. For now they are weathering it. But if there are ever challenges in the marriage I could see all this adding pepper to the pot, to an already spicy stew. We will see. Stay strong, Meghan and Harry!

It's interesting to see that when M&H married, each and every astrologer of "name" looked up their birth horoscopes and the horsoscope of their wedding and tried to tell the future from it. I dabbled once with that but while astonishing things could be read and came true, it is very difficult to interpret and next to impossible to interpret without a good knowledge of the people involved. And who knows them good enough??


But one thing was very interesting. They all agreed that there will be hard times for the marriage. Some used that to say it's already doomed - the classic astrologers. But those who work with the idea of Chiron, the aspect of healing, had a more positive outcome.



I say "idea" because analysing a horoscope means interpreting symbols which stand for certain archetypical parts of a person's character and the fields these ideas play off - like the "idea" is the capacity to love, the planet is Venus, the sign Venus stands in shows how a person loves (or not) and the house shows the field: family person or humanitarian eg.



Chiron is an iodea or construct not all astologers agree on. But seeing how this story evolves, I think an important part of M&H's relationship is the fact that both carry old wounds from their childhood and that the whole world is invited to see now Meghan's, just like they saw Harry's during the War of the Waleses and after Diana's death. The astrologers who work with Chiron all agreed that the chance for their marriage lies in the fact that they have a strong connection to each other under stron Chiron aspects. That the healing they can do to each other will be the power to overcome the problems that are said to come up in other fields.



A lot of astrologers think Harry will stray but the way Meghan forgives (or not) will depend on the strenght of their relationship and how emotionally thankful they are to each other for having been there when needed.


Please, take all that with a grain of salt. If telling the future was so easy, we'd all do it.
  #1278  
Old 07-30-2018, 01:53 AM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades CA, United States
Posts: 4,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
Funny, though, that the tabloids haven't found any dirt at all on Meghan. Nothing scandalous in her past, at all. So they blame her father's drug abuse on her. You really can't make this up.
Exactly! No scandal. Nothing. Meghan has lived an exemplary life. Even overcoming some considerable obstacles, not just an actively dysfunctional family, but a family that actively meant (and continues to mean) her harm. We cannot underestimate the racial aspect (which makes Mr Markle's betrayal all the more inexplicable and cutting, and leads me to believe he is not in his 'normal' state; we are seeing a break down. JMO).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
It's interesting to see that when M&H married, each and every astrologer of "name" looked up their birth horoscopes and the horsoscope of their wedding and tried to tell the future from it. I dabbled once with that but while astonishing things could be read and came true, it is very difficult to interpret and next to impossible to interpret without a good knowledge of the people involved. And who knows them good enough??

But one thing was very interesting. They all agreed that there will be hard times for the marriage. Some used that to say it's already doomed - the classic astrologers. But those who work with the idea of Chiron, the aspect of healing, had a more positive outcome.

Chiron is an idea or construct not all astologers agree on. But seeing how this story evolves, I think an important part of M&H's relationship is the fact that both carry old wounds from their childhood and that the whole world is invited to see now Meghan's, just like they saw Harry's during the War of the Waleses and after Diana's death. The astrologers who work with Chiron all agreed that the chance for their marriage lies in the fact that they have a strong connection to each other under stron Chiron aspects. That the healing they can do to each other will be the power to overcome the problems that are said to come up in other fields.

A lot of astrologers think Harry will stray but the way Meghan forgives (or not) will depend on the strenght of their relationship and how emotionally thankful they are to each other for having been there when needed.
I am aware of the readings, too, Kataryn. Hopefully, Harry matures past all that, though it's possible that Meghan may not mind, or not view it as a deal-breaker. I think it will be difficult for Harry to 'replace' Meghan as she is exceptional on many levels. Watching Harry these days, he is very centered and such men attract women. (Even William is looking good these days, no hair and all! ) Who knows?

But yes, problems coming (and it's right there in the astrology) but what marriage doesn't have that moment when the bloom is off the rose? I think it happens to us all. Just hope the kaboom is not too hard. I fear more for Meghan: how will she be able to reconcile the really inordinate muzzling of her speech as a royal? Truly, since this has been the raison d'être of her humanitarian work. The conflict may come from Meghan rather than Harry. Though for now: bliss!
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
  #1279  
Old 07-30-2018, 04:17 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,123
One thing I can almost guarantee and I don't need my crystal ball for it is that Harry and Meghan will have those times that they look at each other and say "I love you but I don't like you very much right now". Any good marriage has those days. No couple can get along 100% of the time. Marriage takes work, patience, understanding and compromising and sometimes it can seem like its a tug of war. I do think, however, that Harry and Meghan have gone into this marriage with their eyes wide open and are sure that this is what they both want going into the future together. Their courtship was spent basically on a one on one basis at home doing everyday things. They knew they could live together comfortably. I do think they put each other first and that, to me is a good start.

About Sam's education. I agree that she's gotten a few degrees perhaps an Associate Degree or a Bachelors but if she had gotten a doctorate anywhere, she'd be boasting of that in everything she says as "the good doctor that knows these things. The strangest thing I've read that one of the degrees she does have certifies her as a mental health counselor. Its actually Doria that has worked in the mental health profession (and I believe she still does).

There are two kinds of people in this world. Those that see their world as being part of a circle where there is caring and compassion and thought for the other persons in that circle. Then there are people that put themselves in the middle of a circle where they come first and those making up the circle are ones that affect them, are there for their benefit or not depending on what they can do for a person. In other words, have the "me first always" attitudes. Its not rocket science to figure out that Tom, Sr., Sam and Tom Jr. see themselves as separate entities from the people around them whereas people like Doria and Meghan feel more comfortable being part of the circle. This illustrates this concept.

"Man did not weave the web of life. He is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself." - Chief Seattle
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #1280  
Old 07-30-2018, 04:28 AM
carlota's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 8,290
i find it embarrasing that BBC and ITV had to make a pact to not hire any of the markles for their programmes (unless purely informational like news broadcasts) to avoid the markles from further embarrassing themselves. the fact that some outsider needs to help the BRF because some adults do not know how to behave themselves is just plain embarrassing for meghan, for harry and for the queen. i am not sure how this was all allowed to happen. i knew there would be trouble as soon as the engagement was announced.
__________________

__________________
The Humane Society of the United States is the nation’s largest and most effective animal protection organization.
https://www.humanesociety.org
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Duchess of Cambridge: Family, Wealth and Background sara1981 The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family 3057 04-05-2021 07:27 AM
The Royal Foundation of Duke & Duchess of Cambridge and Duke & Duchess of Sussex ghost_night554 British Royals 574 09-07-2019 12:14 AM




Popular Tags
abu dhabi american history anastasia anastasia once upon a time ancestry archie mountbatten-windsor background story baptism british british royal family british royals brownbitcoinqueen carolin china chinese commonwealth countries countess of snowdon customs doll dresses duke of sussex family tree general news thread george vi gradenigo gustaf vi adolf history house of windsor imperial household intro italian royal family jack brooksbank jacobite japan jewellery kids movie king edward vii line of succession list of rulers luxembourg maxima meghan markle monarchy nepalese royal jewels prince constantijn prince dimitri princess alexia (2005 -) princess chulabhorn walailak princess ribha queen consort queen elizabeth ii queen maxima queen victoria random facts royal dress-ups royal jewels royal marriage royal re-enactments. royal wedding serbian royal family spain sussex swedish queen taiwan tradition unfinished portrait united states of america wedding gown welsh wittelsbach


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:00 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×