The Duchess of Sussex: Family and Background

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't think it will. Harry grew up in the War of the Wales and has had to deal throughout the years with drama surrounding his parents marriage. I feel that Meghan has had to deal with behavior from her family like this before, although not being played out in the media. I really hope Harry and Meghan are not reading any of this stuff in the media and are happily oblivious as much as is possible. I am sure they get report from whomever has that job, but I hope it is just a simple, "well Tom Sr. has talked to the media again"

I would tend to think that going through this together with Harry's experience with the press surrounding his mother all those years ago, he's would be a stalwart rock for Meghan to lean on. If anything, I would hazard a guess that these experiences with her e(strange)d family would only draw them closer together along with support and comfort from Harry's family.

I'm sure they're advised of what the family gets up to but hopefully they have so much more in their lives to focus on that neither of them dwell on it. Perhaps they're even getting to the point now where nothing the Markles do or say surprise them anymore. I'd hope so at least.

In this 9 hour interview, Mr Markle clearly said, that he knows Meghan wouldn't have been happy about him talking about her desire to have children. He didn't care, he talked about it anyway.

Mr Markle has clearly said, what he wants, in the many interviews he's given. He wants pomp and glamour, he wants to meet the Queen, a tour at the BP, he wants to be able to talk to the press about Meghan, he wants to make money out of the royals. He wants Meghan to contact Samantha and treat her better. He wants access to the grandchildren that aren't even born yet. He won't listen to anyone, who opposed any of this.

And he will talk more. He's now angry, and will lash out more. His blackmailing strategies didn't work, so he will reveal information about Meghan and her private life. He will drag Doria more. He's angry that Doria is getting praise, and that Meghan isn't falling in line with his demands.

All of this is really sad. He was worried about about how he was being presented in the press so he staged photographs. He should have just put on those nice wedding clothes and walked Meghan down the aisle, and he would have had everything he says he wants. However, everything he is doing is destroying any chance of him having that. He makes no sense to me. I don't think he knows what he wants.

Last edited:
The fact you are asking what does he want after that is precisely why I think he's only thinking one step at a time. Including going back on his word on that being his last interview. Because that instant gratification wore off. If he actually thought about it, he would've been much smarter about this whole thing. I don't think he has an end goal in sight. It's certainly not to get his daughter talking to him again, because if it was, he would've kept his mouth shut. And if he wanted to make a lot of money off of it, complaining that his daughter won't talk to him just showed that he has no access. It's a man with a bruised ego throwing a temper tantrum. The tiring thing about people that have such thin skin and low self-confidence is that superficial wins are only temporary. The problem is ultimately from within.

This is very true. It would be somewhat easier, if he had some sort of goal, then there would be an end in sight. But with his reactionary mentality, there's no end anywhere near.

What caught my eye in this interview, was when he said, that Harry and Meghan told him, that he didn't need to apologise about the paparazzi set up. According to him, later on a palace aid called him to ask, if he needed help writing an apology. He went on and on about his own interpretation about what the aid was really saying, instead of just offering assistance if he needed it. I think he does this all the time. He draws his own conclusions from simple, clear situations or words, turns them into insults, and becomes offended.

What caught my eye in this interview, was when he said, that Harry and Meghan told him, that he didn't need to apologise about the paparazzi set up. According to him, later on a palace aid called him to ask, if he needed help writing an apology. He went on and on about his own interpretation about what the aid was really saying, instead of just offering assistance if he needed it. I think he does this all the time. He draws his own conclusions from simple, clear situations or words, turns them into insults, and becomes offended.

Yea, that just didn't make sense. Harry and Meghan's aide isn't going to tell him he needs to apologize. That isn't their call. It's Harry and Meghan's.

Posts discussing the backgrounds of other members of the royal family have been deleted. Let’s keep this on the topic of Meghan’s family.

If he’s given a platform, he’s just going to spew an ever changing tale...

I'm still trying to figure out, what Mr Markle's goal is when he gives these interviews. He cannot honestly think, that after he trashes Meghan, Doria, Harry, the Queen, Meghan and Doria some more, that he will get a call from Meghan inviting him for a tour at BP. He clearly said, that he doesn't agree with Meghan not wanting him to talk about her private life to the press. Does he really expect Meghan to suddenly be fine with it, and him giving interviews about her? What does he expect to achieve?

I think Mr Markle is in so far over his head he has know idea how this is going to end. It just seems the more he speaks the more it is about him and the less about his daughter. If given the choice between 30min with his daughter and 30min with the Queen - it saddens me to say he would chose the Queen [emoji20].

The saddest thing will be if this onslaught does eventually break Meghan and Harry.

I cannot imagine it will do so.. After all 'external threats' [and what are assorted embittered Markle's NOW] have a tendency to bind couples in love closer together, not break them apart..

Two reporter's from the Daily Mail travelled to Rosarita Beach and spent 3 days there and 9 hours spent interviewing TM. And they didn't really get much out of him, except to rile him up so he blurts out; " I'm about to unload!"
He must be really cranky in hindsight that after 9 hours of chatting with these people, he didn't get paid for it. Daily Mail says they did not pay him.
I'm not sure I believe DM. There had to be something in it for him.

Unless.... that 9 hour interview has garnered enough to plot on spacing the release of what Tom, Sr. has said in those 9 hours over time. Perhaps what we've just recently seen released for the Mail on Sunday (I believe) is just the first installment with more to follow. Perhaps he's already "unloaded" on Meghan and the BRF and the Fail is just waiting for the go ahead to print it?

Perhaps a stipulation to giving this extensive interview to the Fail was to assure Meghan and the reading public that Tom, Sr. was not *paid* for it. He seems to want to assert his right to say whatever he pleases when he wants to state it but wants Harry and Meghan to know he's not getting paid for it or "cashing in" on them. Perhaps he thinks that its making a profit is what is irking Meghan and the BRF. Perhaps not. Strangely enough, his oldest daughter has come out right before Tom, Sr. stating she feels its her right to milk this connection for all its worth if its offered to her.

There are so many conflicting strategic moves by these people that its hard to figure out where they're coming from. Perhaps they'd do well working for the CIA? No enemy could ever get a real bead on them. That's for sure. :D

:previous: Of course Samantha was interviewed and she spent it taking shots at Meghan.

I also don't get his end game?

What does he hope to achieve with these interviews where he basically says nasty things about Meghan, Doria, Harry, the Queen, etc. Does he think he is going to get a call from Meghan saying Stop! IMO its doing the exact opposite...pushing her further away.

So he paid for her schooling...isn't that what a parent is supposed to do? He also bought the other kids a business and a car...the business which failed and the car I guess is gone now? Is he asking them for the money back?

One minute Harry and Meghan wanted to see him after the wedding and then he told them to do it later once things settled? Which is it?

Is he doing this on his own or is Samantha guiding him. So he wants to talk to Meghan? Does he want to talk to Thomas Jr., as well?

He keeps going on about his future grandkids? Is he speaking to the ones he has now? Or do they not count?

The funny thing is...he clearly doesn't know how the BRF works. Who knows if Meghan even knows he is doing these interviews. He thinks he will break the BRF into talking to them. Ha...he is going to learn something real quick.

He is a mess...I don't know..if I was Meghan...I am not sure if I would talk to him either...or at least not for a while.

Last edited:
He keeps going on about his future grandkids? Is he speaking to the ones he has now? Or do they not count?

Right? I noticed they refer to him having only three grandchildren from his two older kids. Last I checked he had 5 grandchildren. Samantha has three and Tom Jr has two. But then again they were never raised by Samantha so maybe he doesn't consider them family. Interesting though since he is obsessing about children who don't even exist yet. But you know... they will be royals.

Other than trying to embarrass Meghan for a payout I just don't get why these people are their basic lives deserve front pages news. I frankly don't care just like I don't care about Uncle Gary or any other weird relative. None of this is actually scandalous. What next Tom Sr.'s bowel movements.

As far as Meghan and Harry's relationship, Harry was born in the storm, being in the storm is his normal. He stated he had to find someone that he not only loved but someone willing to stand with him in the storm. His last girlfriend said that being bullied on social media was very difficult. Its not an easy position. As far as scandals go, this is a non scandal but because of WHO Meghan is any small non story will be turned into a MAJOR scandal much like Obama wore a tan suit and the press said he should be impeached. Meghan because of who she is does not have and wiggle room to be human.

Of course an adult dad's drug use is blamed on his daughter...

I can only imagine what that home was like while Meghan was a toddler and what drove her mother out to get a divorce......I do not know yet with what I read and see of this family, life must of been hell on earth for her and she wanted so much better for her daughter.......drugs will and always do destroy families as does being a drunk..........Doria deserves a damn star on the boardwalk for raising such a wonderful daughter that has become not only a duchess but a humanitarian in wanting to help those that need it.....

Of course it is a parent's responsibility to support their children, pay for their shelter, food and clothing. But it is not a parent's responsibility to pay for a private school education--that is a choice.

It was his choice to send Meghan to a private school not Meghan's.

Mirror article.: A SOURCE said! An INSIDER said!

I have always been very sceptical of unnamed sources and insiders who seem to know what people are thinking or saying.

Sounds more like made up rubbish to me from desperate journalists and Editors.

The only people defending him now are the old boys Rob Jobson, Charles Rae, Arthur Edwards to my horror.

I can only imagine what that home was like while Meghan was a toddler and what drove her mother out to get a divorce......I do not know yet with what I read and see of this family, life must of been hell on earth for her and she wanted so much better for her daughter.......drugs will and always do destroy families as does being a drunk..........Doria deserves a damn star on the boardwalk for raising such a wonderful daughter that has become not only a duchess but a humanitarian in wanting to help those that need it.....

I absolutely agree with you.

Pressures of Hollywood .... lighting director .... led him to drugs? Seems like yet again he is blaming something else for his own behavior.

Rob Jobson and Arthur Edwards should know better. Our networks interview them all the time here. They have been following the royals a very long time. Obviously they haven't kept up to date with everything TM has been saying and doing.

The only people defending him now are the old boys Rob Jobson, Charles Rae, Arthur Edwards to my horror.

Arthur?? Jobson? I am not seeing them defend him?

Last edited:
Jobson changes his mouth depending who he talks to. He is very snide about Meghan with the Aussies and very jovial with the Americans. On his Twitter, he believes in giving the Markles oxygen for their vitriol and feigns shock when they say their vicious lies.

When Snr did The Sun interview a few weeks ago, Edwards did what Ingrid Seward did and said Meghan must reconcile with her dad. I lost respect for him after that.

I am going to throw something here into the mix of this Markle family.......from what I have read Doria separated when Meghan was 2 years old, right ( and please correct me if I am wrong) so before this separation of her marriage with Tom Sr the older children, Sam and Jr came to live with them, during this time period Doria from what I read tried to guide them and nurture them the best she could and they would have none of it.....so just saying that at the end of that time period she made the decision to leave the marriage for maybe she saw what the future would hold for Meghan if she had stayed in the marriage.....she took her daughter and left and raised Meghan with help from her family not the Markle's. Doria knew that she did not want her child to suffer an upbringing that Tom's older children had for she saw just how mean and hateful they could be and that was not for her child.....I think Doria saw well ahead what she could do better for Meghan then let her be around those that wanted to tear her apart and we all see that today.........just me thinking that Doria is one very astute lady far ahead of her time.....very well done Doria, very well indeed

Well actually Tom Jr and Samantha never lived with Doria and Tom Sr.
The first part of their childhood was with their mother Roslyn. She was
a substance abuser and children were taken by Tom Sr to live in
Los Angeles with his mother. So second part of their formative years they
were raised by grandma and dad visiting because he worked long hours.
When he married Doria and had Meghan the three of them lived together.
Tom Jr was 15 and Samantha (Yvonne) was 17 when Meghan was born.
Samantha was soon off to college on east coast,the University of Pennsylvania,
an Ivy League school ( not to be confused with Penn State)
Tom Jr remained at grandmas until he moved out on his own.
I believe they were already damaged goods when they came to live with grandma. Who knows how Tom Sr treated their mother Roslyn. Roslyn
rescued Noel at 14 from Samantha and her ex-convict live-in boyfriend.
Tom Sr did nothing for the abused grandchild.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jobson changes his mouth depending who he talks to. He is very snide about Meghan with the Aussies and very jovial with the Americans. On his Twitter, he believes in giving the Markles oxygen for their vitriol and feigns shock when they say their vicious lies.

When Snr did The Sun interview a few weeks ago, Edwards did what Ingrid Seward did and said Meghan must reconcile with her dad. I lost respect for him after that.

Ah thanks.

And it wouldn't surprise me if the MoS is with-holding parts of what he said in order to drag out the drama.

Samantha was soon off to college on east coast,the University of Pennsylvania,
an Ivy League school ( not to be confused with Penn State)

If Samantha went to the University of Pennsylvania, there is no reason for her to be spiteful about Meghan having gone to Northwestern. Interesting. She was certainly not deprived of an expensive education at a name school if this is true.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom