The Duchess of Sussex: Family and Background

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your entire first paragraph is beside the point, that was all done around the time of the wedding. What support was he given months ago? NONE

Go back and read my post, I never said they were treated differently, I'm saying from all appearances the support wasn't much or nearly enough in Mr Markle's case. Why does he need to ask for help? It should have been offered, how is he to know what kind of support he needs, he's never been in this situation before whereas KP/BP DO know what the press is capable of.
How is KP supposed to know what he needs other than when they cover the generics? Are they mind readers or something? If there is something additional that he needs help with, but haven’t been provided, it’s up to him to communicate that. And I think it’s time to stop blame anyone else for his mistakes. This is classic enabling behavior.

You questioned whether they received the same treatment which suggests that you think they didn't. Doria clearly received more support (protection officers! At the time of the engagement, not the wedding - which I talked about in my first paragraph) than the advice not to talk to the press (which should be a no brainer but apparently even the most basic things were too hard too follow by the Markle family). Given that Doria was doing fine it seems the help they offered was more than sufficient. If he needed more he could ask for it, how was Harry to know that his father-in-law needs a baby sitter to make sure he doesn't do the most stupid things?

What is your evidence that he was not offered any other help in the months leading up to the wedding (the fitting was surely done far in advance)? He wasn't asked to list all the ways they offered help and given that he refused at least part of the help that was offered, it would be very unlikely that any help offered would ever be enough.

You still haven't shared what help they should have offered. Just claimimg they did it wrong while her mom was doing fine is unfair imo. What exactly should they have done differently and how do you know for sure that he would have done nothing to harm his daughter in that case (assuming you wouldn't suggest locking her father up for the rest of his life without a phone to protect him from himself)?

No I didn't, I asked what support anyone in the family was given, quit twisting my words. We don't know, but it appears to not have been enough in Markle's case.

What do you mean 'you still haven't shared what help they should have offered'? No one asked me what kind of help should have been offered, you sound as if you've been asking me over and over which is definitely not the case and is beside my point, which was that not enough was done months ago to support him. It's not for me or Mr Markle to say what help is needed since neither of us have been in this situation before, that's up to BP/KP to figure out.

Last edited:
No I didn't, I asked what support anyone in the family was given. We don't know, but it appears to not have been enough in Markle's case.

What do you mean 'you still haven't shared what help they should have offered'? No one asked me what kind of help should have been offered, you sound as if you've been asking me over and over which is definitely not the case.

We know for a fact that Doria had security with her at times with a statement ready from KP asking press to respect her privacy. We also know from the DM fiasco that KP was working in the background telling press to back off. They even had one of Harry’s military buddies go down to hold his hand for the flight to London (makes me wonder if that’s another reason he hasn’t been to London before because he’s not too good with flying). I’m sure lawyers are on call any time they cross the line. That is something ALL the Palaces are very good at. I’m not sure what else can they do. Does he want someone there to hold his hand and babysit him? I’m sure they would’ve arranged for it if it made him feel better. Unfortunately, Harry isn’t some all powerful guy that can make the paparazzi stop doing what they are doing as long as it’s not against the law.

Last edited:
Samantha is ridiculous. If (and that’s a big if) that’s Sr’s morning suit for the wedding and the PR guy paid for, it, why shouldn’t he use it if it fits? It’s not a piece of history. That’s Meghan’s gown. She just missed being in the news and latched on to this to show how utterly ridiculous and irrelevant she truly is.

Samantha is ridiculous. If (and that’s a big if) that’s Sr’s morning suit for the wedding and the PR guy paid for, it, why shouldn’t he use it if it fits? It’s not a piece of history. That’s Meghan’s gown. She just missed being in the news and latched on to this to show how utterly ridiculous and irrelevant she truly is.

Apparently, according to Samantha, the person who bought the suit and wore it at Ascot was being rude. I guess it was supposed to collect dust and get wasted completely.

I'm thinking, that Samantha just wants to get attention and create any drama.

Apparently, according to Samantha, the person who bought the suit and wore it at Ascot was being rude. I guess it was supposed to collect dust and get wasted completely.

I'm thinking, that Samantha just wants to get attention and create any drama.

Samantha is just doing whatever she can to stir the pot and hope for any attention.

We know for a fact that Doria had security with her at times with a statement ready from KP asking press to respect her privacy. We also know from the DM fiasco that KP was working in the background telling press to back off. They even had one of Harry’s military buddies go down to hold his hand for the flight to London (makes me wonder if that’s another reason he hasn’t been to London before because he’s not too good with flying). I’m sure lawyers are on call any time they cross the line. That is something ALL the Palaces are very good at. I’m not sure what else can they do. Does he want someone there to hold his hand and babysit him? I’m sure they would’ve arranged for it if it made him feel better. Unfortunately, Harry isn’t some all powerful guy that can make the paparazzi stop doing what they are doing as long as it’s not against the law.

None of that was done for Markle, it has nothing to do with the current discussion. You all want to compare Doria and Thomas, not me, that's not my point. My point is Thomas didn't get enough (or much of any) help. In all the verbiage that's being spewed I still don't see any rebuttal to that point or any explanation of what support he (not Doria, I mean Thomas) got (months ago, not recently) other than being told to be quiet?

None of that was done for Markle, it has nothing to do with the current discussion. You all want to compare Doria and Thomas, not me, that's not my point. My point is Thomas didn't get enough (or much of any) help. In all the verbiage that's being spewed I still don't see any rebuttal to that point or any explanation of what support he (not Doria, I mean Thomas) got (months ago, not recently) other than being told to be quiet?

How do you know none of this was done for Markle? You have no proof, that he wasn't offered the same help Doria was, but he just refuced it. He refused a lot of other offers before the wedding, by his own admission.

I'm not really following the Mr Tom Markle Sr story since the wedding. Haven't even watched the whole interview (too embarrassed for Meghan to do so), just some parts, enough to have gotten a sense of the man.

First I am hearing that he owns a house in Los Feliz. If he does I assume he is renting the house out (since he watched the wedding from a hotel room in LA). Renting a house out in Los Feliz would fetch a tidy sum that would make him well set living in Mexico. How do we know he owns such a house?

The Murkles tried to float the lie that Tom Sr. had to buy his own suit and pay his own tickets etc. which was a lie because they had all that handled for him. But then Tom Sr. created that awful fake picture of him getting fitted for a cheap suit for the paps when his suit was being made on Saville Road. This man was running a scam!

No, I don't think so. I think he is genuinely easily fuddled. In fact, he could have entered the Piers interview (pushed by Samantha) and as the interview wore on he lost his direction. This very late interaction with the press after months of silence is pretty strange. A-typical of him. What has changed? Samantha?

Anyone who has or has had an elderly parent knows it’s darn near impossible to tell them what to do. They assume (mostly correctly) that they have managed their own lives just fine, thank you very much, and they don’t need or want anyone telling them what to do. Been there, done that. (and now M&H have, too. Hope they find it easier to manage Charles and Camilla.)

Exactly so! :flowers: So much about this is a complete unknown. For example we just cannot know what has prompted him suddenly to be concerned about 'image'. He doesn't strike me as a man who worried much about that at any time in his life. Why start now? Has he been the subject of unkind comment in his personal life? Or is he being played by the evil half-sister?

Anyway, the less said the better. Piers called him a 'decent man' and I don't think that was just soft-soap. He is out of his depth with an unfortunate influence coming to bear on him. We'll just never know exactly what has been afoot with the guy. I do think he's shy and wants nothing to do with anyone, even family. He has the money to live a reclusive life, and all that has happened is his worst nightmare (popping pills is a dead-give-away). I feel sorry for the guy.

P.S. Funny comment about Charles and Camilla. ;)

Last edited:

Our point is that it’s unlikely two parents would be treated differently. However, you can’t force people to accept someone tailing them all the time. And security wasn’t even the concern. There was no indication that safety was a worry. The issue for Tom Markle was “his image”. I’m not sure what Meghan and Harry could’ve done about that. At the end of the day, he’s the one that bought beer and is overweight, which is what he didn’t like the media saying. All of this drama over those silly things. He could’ve at least been upset about something on a grander scale.

Last edited:
Thomas Markle Snr by his own admission said that he ignored their advice. It is all about what he feels is best for him. During the whole staged picture saga we learned just how much KP was telling the media to back off her parents only for him to make them look stupid for defending him.

He going on TV admitting how much they tried to help him and told him to stay away from the press but felt he has to "explain his side" anyways because his image is so very important to him. The fact is that Mr. Markle only cares about himself (which is said a lot) and whatever Harry and Meghan attempted with him was pointless because he was going to do whatever he wanted anyways.

People can blame KP, Harry, and Meghan all they want. It is what it is but Thomas Snr admitted it all on TV for all to see...

He got his $10K which is all he wanted anyways.

Our point is that it’s unlikely two parents would be treated differently. However, you can’t force people to accept someone tailing them all the time. And security wasn’t even the concern. There was no indication that safety was a worry. The issue for Tom Markle was “his image”. I’m not sure what Meghan and Harry could’ve done about that. At the end of the day, he’s the one that bought beer and is overweight.

Your point, not mine. My point is he didn't get much help long ago, before his image was tarnished, when he was quiet and not making any commotion. Now his issue is his image and making money, but there was a chance to give him real emotional support him ages ago when it might have made a difference. And that's the last I'm going to say on the subject.

Your point, not mine. My point is he didn't get much help long ago, before his image was tarnished, when he was quiet and not making any commotion. Now his issue is his image and making money, but there was a chance to give him real emotional support him ages ago when it might have made a difference. And that's the last I'm going to say on the subject.

Mr. Markle also had the free will to turn down any offer of any kind of help that was offered to him which actually seems to be what happened. ;)

You don't know that no emotional support was offered to him. And what is this actual emotional support, what were Meghan and Harry supposed to do to him?

We have zero proof he wasn't offered support. He hasn't claimed it. In fact he says the opposite. People are assuming it based off his boneheaded actions of late. That just says more about Snr than them. Heck, even Samantha slipped and admitted KP contacted her early on and offered advice and she all but said she told them to shove it because "FREE SPEECH!" Not sure what more they could do. You can't force them. These are grown people. They will do as they please as they prove constantly.

Meghan: Family and Background

Posts containing attacks against other members have been deleted.

It's time to move on from the speculation about how much help managing Thomas Markle, Sr was offered before the wedding.

Let's also move on from the debate about who is responsible for Thomas Markle, Sr's actions and whether the blame belongs to him or Harry and Meghan.

Last edited:
The guy who bought Sr's morning coat also bought all of his clothes that were made for him for summer wear

https://www.news.com.au/entertainme...t/news-story/16241a79ab8a90d8e66ac9cef79469c5

Harry, Meghan and KP must really be mad (who can blame them) if they didn't pay the tailor. The tailor had to recoup the money somehow and the guy got everything, including tails, for a bargain. I guess everyone felt Sr could get the clothes himself. According to Lainey Gossip, Sam brokered the GMB interview (no surprise) for 50,000 to 60,000 USD. I know the reported amount is 10,000, but it wouldn't surprise me if a lower amount is reported so it doesn't look too bad (didn't work).

It gets even better. Sr threw the entire Markle family under the bus. In the interview he said Meghan made the right decision not to invite them to the wedding.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/good-m...britain-interview-prince-harry-royal-wedding/

I guess Sr can forget getting any greeting cards from family from now on.

Last edited:
Sr has proven to twice now that he listens to Sam's bad advice regarding the media; another reason Meghan should keep her distance.

Last edited:
It gets even better. Sr threw the entire Markle family under the bus. In the interview he said Meghan made the right decision not to invite them to the wedding.

Meghan Markle’s dad Thomas Markle reveals why no family members attended royal wedding

I guess Sr can forget getting any greeting cards from family from now on.

TBF to him on that front. It did seem like they were harassing him when they didn't get an invite after years of not being in contact with Meghan. He did lie to them on this and act like he knew nothing all the while knowing he's invited and getting measurements for clothes to be sent to London. On that issue, I did think he made the right decision even though Meghan was getting hammered with hate on the issue of not inviting these distant relatives then.

So they Pa and the siblings are playing good cop/bad cop. Sr. was the last inside link, its clear he talks to Sammy who then talks to the press. Sammy takes the fall while they continue to cash in. Sr. is harping about not getting a father's day greeting. I'm speculating that something they told him as a test made it to the press and that was all they needed to finally cut off communication with him. The freeze out did not begin after the interview, it began before which is why Sr. went public so soon so he could still cash in.

I was actually surprised to find out Tom Markle Sr. was still in contact with Sam, considering Sam is estranged from her own mom and children. I though he was estranged from her too but wasn't publically saying anything about how she was treating Meghan but stayed quiet because it would bring more attention and family drama. Lol little did I know.

I don't know how Meghan could continue to stay in touch with him after knowing he was in contact with Sam and wasn't doing anything about it.

I believe that whatever contact there was between Meghan and her dad is on indefinite hold right now.If it wasn't already the comments about Harry, Brexit and Trump must have been the last straw. I think Meghan by now is quite used to him hurting and disappointing her, but to do something that could have been that big that could have potentially done damage to Harry's future career as a royal (Thank God Harry played it safe with him). I think she would have kept forgiving if he only went after her but going after Harry probably crossed a line and went too far.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's quite easy to stay in touch with family that has loose lips. You simply focus on them and what they are doing while being very vague about yourself. Give nothing of importance away. Always saying, yes we would love that we are just so darn busy right now.

I think we almost all have that relative that mines us for info only to spread anything we tell them to anyone that will listen. We eventually learn to not go into detail. Repeating over and and over that we are fine, that is fine, that we had not heard that and then to move on to chatting up the weather or listening to what they want to talk about (while not commenting).

If Meghan has not learned how to do this, she needs to learn.

It is one thing if the siblings do that - there's a word for it - sibling rivalry. When a father does it, there's no word for it.

I read on one site that the BRF is playing the long game. When the press realizes none of the Markles have access they're done with them. GMB has not addressed the freeze out on the and Piers has not attacked the palace for it. They knew this would happen to Sr for telling tales out of school, but they got what they wanted and they are leaving him in the dirt. But Sr played along but in the end got played.

On Heir, Omid said the last time Meghan spoke to her father was the day after the wedding.

It's quite easy to stay in touch with family that has loose lips. You simply focus on them and what they are doing while being very vague about yourself. Give nothing of importance away. Always saying, yes we would love that we are just so darn busy right now.

I think we almost all have that relative that mines us for info only to spread anything we tell them to anyone that will listen. We eventually learn to not go into detail. Repeating over and and over that we are fine, that is fine, that we had not heard that and then to move on to chatting up the weather or listening to what they want to talk about (while not commenting).

If Meghan has not learned how to do this, she needs to learn.

We all have hi/bye/smile relatives. Only problem is these relatives have overactive imaginations and they lie all the time.

No contact is the best for toxic family. Sr. will rear his pitiful head during family events but of course he won't change his ways.

He now wants to set up a truce? so basically a way to give his family access to Meg. Access is what they want so they can sell their stories.

I was actually surprised to find out Tom Markle Sr. was still in contact with Sam, considering Sam is estranged from her own mom and children. I though he was estranged from her too but wasn't publically saying anything about how she was treating Meghan but stayed quiet because it would bring more attention and family drama. Lol little did I know.

I don't know how Meghan could continue to stay in touch with him after knowing he was in contact with Sam and wasn't doing anything about it.

I believe that whatever contact there was between Meghan and her dad is on indefinite hold right now.If it wasn't already the comments about Harry, Brexit and Trump must have been the last straw. I think Meghan by now is quite used to him hurting and disappointing her, but to do something that could have been that big that could have potentially done damage to Harry's future career as a royal (Thank God Harry played it safe with him). I think she would have kept forgiving if he only went after her but going after Harry probably crossed a line and went too far.

I think Meghan already knew what he was like ages ago and protected herself somewhat, but him bringing that behaviour into her marriage is now a complete game changer and wake up call. She knows he’s untrustworthy a person who colludes with his other daughter, others and that given half the chance they will continue to exploit/reveal private information or make stuff up about her marriage/RF for cash etc. But M&H aren’t stupid and I am sure that while they continue to ignore all noise from that odious side - appropriate measures are already in place to protect themselves & other members of the BRF as well as ensure that privacy is maintained.

I know Us Weekly is not a reliable source but I believe it.

Meghan is upset and disturbed by the entire ordeal and just wants to move past it,” the source tells Us. “She doesn’t want to let anything ruin her day and is trying to keep focus on the weekend.”

The insider adds that Meghan’s relationship with her father “has always been strained” because of “his ill thought-out decisions and his lack of responsibility.”

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrit...urbed-by-father-thomas-markle-staging-photos/

but wasn't publically saying anything about how she was treating Meghan but stayed quiet because it would bring more attention and family drama.

Given that Markle Sr hasn’t been backward in coming forward on all things H&M, and his ‘IMMAGGEEEE’ :whistling: - what sort of “loving father” sits back without uttering a word of condemnation against the atrocious stuff that was being said and bullying of his youngest child by his eldest two in his name ? One who colludes with the perpetrators in question, that’s who!

We all have hi/bye/smile relatives. Only problem is these relatives have overactive imaginations and they lie all the time.

No contact is the best for toxic family. Sr. will rear his pitiful head during family events but of course he won't change his ways.

He now wants to set up a truce? so basically a way to give his family access to Meg. Access is what they want so they can sell their stories.

Exactly. ?

I think it will basically only end when someone from the BRF, most likely Harry, let it publicly be know that sister and dad has been cut off as a result of their behavior. Meghan can't say it, it will have to be a "born" member of the BRF.
It will be a dent in H&M's image and it will cause a major stir - for a period. - But that's nothing to being publicly disowned, discredited and disgraced by a senior royal.
That will also explain why they are never invited to a family event, why dad never see "his beloved grandchild" and in the extreme why they are turned away at the palace gate.

Having said that the simplest (and perhaps best) solution is to ignore them and let dad and sis dig their own graves. IMO they are doing a stellar job doing that themselves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom