Prince Harry: Relationship Rumours and Musings 2013-2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My God, we are really into thinking ahead, aren't we?

We had a Henry and Chelsy thread, but that's closed. Perhaps this is more appropriate than discussing his relationship in his current events thread.

Princess Cressida anyone? Does she have a middle name? :lol::whistling:

Not sure of her middle name. I think the likely title Harry will get upon marriage is Duke of Clarence so whomever he marries would be The Duchess Of Clarence. She wouldn't technically be Princess Cressida in her own right. She would be Her Royal Highness Princess Henry of Wales, Duchess of Clarence etc etc

Last edited:
I love the fact that at such and early stage we are putting titles to her name. :lol:

I love the fact that at such and early stage we are putting titles to her name. :lol:

Me too! It's such a wonderful thing to do!

Can we start to discuss the kids names, or it's too early for that?? ;D

We are probably just happy Harry has someone in his life. If a little too happy. Hehehe. Plus, he has been wanting to settle down. I just want him to be happy and he wants a wife and a family. So whatever makes him happy makes me happy and Cressida makes Harry happy.

Last edited:
Some posters see a young man and a young woman together and immediately start planning a wedding, others just see a young man and a young woman having a bit of fun together. I wouldn't start picking out china patterns just yet.

Next, they are supposedly doing to her sister and Sam Branson's wedding. Harry is friends with them regardless of Cressida being a sister of the bride.

Some posters see a young man and a young woman together and immediately start planning a wedding, others just see a young man and a young woman having a bit of fun together. I wouldn't start picking out china patterns just yet.

I love being optimistic :D

Not sure of her middle name. I think the likely title Harry will get upon marriage is Duke of Clarence so whomever he marries would be The Duchess Of Clarence. She wouldn't technically be Princess Cressida in her own right. She would be Her Royal Highness Princess Henry of Wales, Duchess of Clarence etc etc

As I said before, it was a joke.

Indeed, I know which category I'm in.

Cressida's mother and Diana were cousins, they are both descended from the Spencer-Churchills. In addition Lady Mary-Gaye has very illustrous ancestors, including several women who were suo jure peeresses.

I think a semi-public relationship is going to be essential to any future royal ride in Britain. Kate had a long while to decide if she was up to all the attention...for the rest of here life. Harry will give his future bride the same chance.

I don't see Harry's courtship being as long as William's though, since he is much older than William was when he met Kate.

Sam Brason's wedding is meant to be next week in Africa - if Harry is to attend it would tie in well with his visit to Lestho next week. And maybe that visit was planned by his advisors to work out that way to allow an easier way of getting to the wedding with Cressida

I once had Princess Margaret smile at me (I was in Girl Guides), and I was a young woman with a baby when Diana and Charles became engaged. (I tell you this so you get an inkling of how old I am. :lol: )

Through the years, I've seen the magazine and newspaper stories of Princess Margaret and I've seen the same with Sarah (internet was not yet invented for the masses). I remember opening a People Magazine in the 80's and seeing an article entitled "Duchess of Pork" and I cringed. Say what you will about Sarah, she did try very hard in the first years of her marriage and motherhood. But she was badly treated in the press when she gained weight, her clothes were labelled frumpy, and she was constantly compared to the more glamourous Diana.

When they were single, Princess Margaret was considered very glamourous and Andrew was considered very good-looking. Both sometimes outshone their more famous and older siblings - and this is true of Harry today.

My point is that in many ways, recent history (Princess Margaret, Andrew) shows that it may be more difficult for someone who is - or was - 2nd in line to have a happy marriage.

More than anything, I have hopes that Harry won't let his desire to be married and have children get in the way of choosing the right life partner for him. If the person he chooses does not have a strong character, there could be trouble down the line.

Last edited:
Next, they are supposedly doing to her sister and Sam Branson's wedding. Harry is friends with them regardless of Cressida being a sister of the bride.

Why shouldn't they be friends?

(I never believed that tale about William's infatuation with Isabella, because I read an interview where she said that the press had her paired with William for years before she even met him. She said they finally met and laughed about the stories, and now are friends.)

But even if it was true, it would have been such a long time ago that I can't see that it matters now.

But is it certain that Harry will go to the wedding at all? The press says so, but I haven't read anything official.

I wonder about the family of Cressida. It seems to be mostly "cafe society". The girl is surely beautiful, but would the family standards be considered a good background for marriage? I see a happy marriage of Prince Edward and Sophie...is that just a blessed happenstance or do they have that "strong character" which CanRoyal says will be necessary for a marriage of the second-in-line to succeed? Could he love a scholarly girl like the HGD of Luxembourg, or the wives of current distant royals George of Kent and Alexander of Gloucester? Should a wife for Harry have more than beauty, and can he appreciate those other qualities? Harry is too much involved in that cafe-society scene to be really ready for marriage, unless he fell in love strongly enough to abandon that life. Is anyone telling Harry that cafe-society is not the best part of his environment?

What is cafe-socierty?

Loosely interpreted, I believe it means people who like to be seen at all the fashionable clubs.

people with class seen at fashionable clubs - the clubs harry frequents are clubs started by his pals with a short life-span. And not particularly classy.

The comment in the media that stunned me the most (from the Mail, I think) was a "friend" saying how nice Cressida was - fun, quiet, etc. etc "and she doesn't do drugs". As if this is not the norm. Yikes!

Glad she doesnt but that is a loaded statement.

I guess now that William is married and about to have an heir, I guess Harry is seeing this as a chance to be a bachelor for awhile. I can see Harry getting married in his mid/late 30's, possibly early 40's.

I guess now that William is married and about to have an heir, I guess Harry is seeing this as a chance to be a bachelor for awhile. I can see Harry getting married in his mid/late 30's, possibly early 40's.

Quite the opposite really. He's stated several times in very recent interviews that he really wants to get married and settled down and soon. I need to find a link or links.

Why shouldn't they be friends?

(I never believed that tale about William's infatuation with Isabella, because I read an interview where she said that the press had her paired with William for years before she even met him. She said they finally met and laughed about the stories, and now are friends.)

But even if it was true, it would have been such a long time ago that I can't see that it matters now.

But is it certain that Harry will go to the wedding at all? The press says so, but I haven't read anything official.

I don't really understand your question about why they shouldn't be friends. I was just staying that the press are saying he is accompanying Cressida to her sister's wedding. I wasn't even stating it as a fact since the press will say anything for a story. I was saying that I had heard Harry and Sam were friends before all the Cressida stuff so I wouldn't be surprised if he were going as a friend of Sam not just because his girlfriend's sister is getting married.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cepe I was thinking not primarily of Harry but of Cressida's family (what little has been made known about them in my viewing) as "cafe society". That was a term popular when her mum was a young fashionable famous woman. It figured prominently in descriptions of the social doings of the Duke and Duchess of Windsor. The phrase may be outdated in terms of Harry's present day activities but it is a background of Cressida's family, and pictures of them (mum and daughters) seem to indicate that type of life still in vogue.
Cressida may have a real brain on her, and not be a cafe society type at all. I was responding to another post about Harry needing a girl of strong character, and I guess such a person could indeed emerge from her family's life. From many sources come good things. She is certainly spectacularly beautiful, no wonder he is smitten, and a dance major at that...giving her a great "carriage".

Cepe I was thinking not primarily of Harry but of Cressida's family (what little has been made known about them in my viewing) as "cafe society". That was a term popular when her mum was a young fashionable famous woman. It figured prominently in descriptions of the social doings of the Duke and Duchess of Windsor. The phrase may be outdated in terms of Harry's present day activities but it is a background of Cressida's family, and pictures of them (mum and daughters) seem to indicate that type of life still in vogue.
Cressida may have a real brain on her, and not be a cafe society type at all. I was responding to another post about Harry needing a girl of strong character, and I guess such a person could indeed emerge from her family's life. From many sources come good things. She is certainly spectacularly beautiful, no wonder he is smitten, and a dance major at that...giving her a great "carriage".

Continually seeing Cressida's photo in the white knit dress and the descriptions given of her by "friends" as quoted in the DM, such as "hard to pin down, " and such (can't remember exact terms) remind me of Daisy Buchanan in The Great Gatsby, down to wearing white. Daisy was a shallow, airy character who lived in a "careless" world of money. I keep thinking of Daisy when I hear of Cressida.

I'm not saying that the comparison is a fair one, but this is the comparison I draw from what I have read.

Cressida is a professional dancer who has an university degree. This is nothing you get without hard work. Professional dancing means having not only talent and the means to support yourself during the meagre times, but it means discipline. There is no other professional field that knows less compassion when you fail to meet the standards - laziness is not condoned. So surely that girl has stamina!

I'd say that indicates she has a strong will and can be very disciplined. Money cannot buy you talent.

LaRae

I'd say that indicates she has a strong will and can be very disciplined. Money cannot buy you talent.

I don't understand? Surely to pass the exam at the end of her university course she must have shown talent? Plus there are the entrance auditions on both her university and her current conservatoire?

As a dancer, Cresside might remind him of Diana, who used to dance for her small boys occasionally.

I don't understand? Surely to pass the exam at the end of her university course she must have shown talent? Plus there are the entrance auditions on both her university and her current conservatoire?

As a dancer, Cresside might remind him of Diana, who used to dance for her small boys occasionally.

That's my point. If you read the first part of my sentence that's what I am saying.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom