Meghan Markle: Family and Background - November 2017-May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great article, Osiris.

Actually I think I look more like Isis. I find this so amusing right now as I'm actually reading a book (in between checking posts here) on influences of the Osiris/Isis/Horus story over the centuries. :D

Sorry for going off topic here. ;)

Remember the defence about Meghan’s siblings. People said she has nothing to do with them so she shouldn’t be held accountable.
I don't recall any defense of Meghan's siblings and Meghan no longer has anything to do with them. She cannot be held accountable for their actions nor the actions of anyone other than herself. All adults are responsible for their own actions.

It seems most of the press is talking about the Queen's instrument of consent.

I think this will be glossed over as an amateur being taken advantage of by the pap and the press. I do think they need to have Tom Sr. relocated, perhaps he can live nearby the brother who sold him out in the first place.

I don't recall any defense of Meghan's siblings and Meghan no longer has anything to do with them. She cannot be held accountable for their actions nor the actions of anyone other than herself. All adults are responsible for their own actions.

Exactly. It would be along the same lines as Meghan demanding that there is a very iron clad prenup signed and sealed before marriage just because Harry is descended from Henry VIII and we all know he went through marriages like people change their underwear. ;)

Pretty sure Fergie will be at her daughter's wedding this year - and she's mentioned in the Panama Papers. No one questions Beatrice or Eugenie for associating with their mother.

It's kinda astonishing that you're implying Meghan should be held accountable for her dad?

I Just said Meghan isn’t accountable for her dad but you keep on keeping on

Fergie isn’t anywhere near to being in the inner circle. Loose lips sink ships and although Meghan’s dad hasn’t talked to the tabloids, the worry is no doubt on the mind of at least certain members of the Firm that he will talk.

Pretty sure Fergie will be at her daughter's wedding this year - and she's mentioned in the Panama Papers. No one questions Beatrice or Eugenie for associating with their mother.

It's kinda astonishing that you're implying Meghan should be held accountable for her dad?

No kidding. Thomas Sr did something stupid but I do think some might be going overboard. The members of the royal family have done worst. Let's pump the brakes a little. That said, I can image that Meghan is not exactly happy with her father right now and rightfully so. She is getting married in a week and really didn't need him piling on as well.

Fergie isn’t anywhere near to being in the inner circle. Loose lips sink ships and although Meghan’s dad hasn’t talked to the tabloids, the worry is no doubt on the mind of at least certain members of the Firm that he will talk.

Somehow you think Meghan’s father who lives in a remote town in Mexico is going to be more inner circle in the royal world than York Princess’ mother and the woman Andrew choose to share homes with? Huh?

Actually what you said was this:

Remember the defence about Meghan’s siblings. People said she has nothing to do with them so she shouldn’t be held accountable.

Meghan’s dad is walking her down the aisle and yet he’s playing games with the paparazzi.

The BRF is like a secret society. Trust is everything and although Meghan has no control over her dad, his courting of the paparazzi does raise questions over his discretion.

And this was a pretty clear implication on your part that because people said that "she has nothing to do with them so she shouldn't be held accountable". But she DOES have something to do with her father, so by your own words, you are implying that she IS to be held accountable for his actions.

You're implying that because the "BRF is like a secret society" and "trust is everything" and that his "discretion" is in question thus Meghan is somehow failing because he's still "walking her down the aisle".

I think you were quite clear in your implication.

No kidding. Thomas Sr did something stupid but I do think some might be going overboard. The members of the royal family have done worst. Let's pump the brakes a little. That said, I can image that Meghan is not exactly happy with her father right now and rightfully so. She is getting married in a week and really didn't need him piling on as well.

But by all accounts the posed photos were all taken the same day back in March so it is not as if he agreed to them and posed just before leaving for London.
And again, members of the Royal Family pose for photos for magazine articles--William, Kate and Eugenie all spring to mind. Where is the line?

Very true. I do feel badly for Meghan - the last thing she needs before her wedding is a story like this breaking. My hope is that her mom is giving Tom Sr a stern talking to - or will once he gets to London. If ever a man needed to "get told", it's Tom Sr right now, lol.

I'm imagining Doria talking to him and punctuating her words with hand claps, lol.

It seems most of the press is talking about the Queen's instrument of consent.

I think this will be glossed over as an amateur being taken advantage of by the pap and the press. I do think they need to have Tom Sr. relocated, perhaps he can live nearby the brother who sold him out in the first place.

I agree with everything except the last sentence, which I got a good chuckle out of. And the fact that DM included that analysis written by Robert Jobson does tell me that even they are seeing the situation as perhaps more of an error in judgement.

But by all accounts the posed photos were all taken the same day back in March so it is not as if he agreed to them and posed just before leaving for London.
And again, members of the Royal Family pose for photos for magazine articles--William, Kate and Eugenie all spring to mind. Where is the line?

This is true - which is why Tom Sr's posing isn't quite as bad as if he'd done a tell all. But I think the difference or line is that the BRF usually tries to control these things better. And they use certain reputable magazines and publications - like Vanity Fair.

It's unfortunate he didn't talk to Meghan or KP about this before doing it - Meghan could have explained why it was a very bad idea, etc..

That is true! Didn't Charles or someone on his staff tell the media about the boy's first meeting with Camilla even though it was suppose to be private? The BRF play games with the media and stage "candid" photos too. And so do some in-laws.

But at the end of the day, the BRF can throw stones because they hold the power. It isn't fair, but Meghan and her family are held to a higher standard and the last thing she needs is for her father to make such a mistake or be seen as party to the media's games. Her father was caught red-handed whereas other instances of such things happening are not quite as clear cut.

Lesson learned all around. Just makes me much more grateful for Doria in Meghan's corner.

Very true. I do feel badly for Meghan - the last thing she needs before her wedding is a story like this breaking. My hope is that her mom is giving Tom Sr a stern talking to - or will once he gets to London. If ever a man needed to "get told", it's Tom Sr right now, lol.

I'm imagining Doria talking to him and punctuating her words with hand claps, lol.

Right now, if he's in Doria's presence, I'm betting that he's having some serious flashbacks to when they were married, and he got rightly told off.

I am aware these took place back in March. That doesn't change anything. He did this behind her back and nothing can change that or the fact KP asked for protection due to thinking he was hounded based off pictures he posed for.

Yes the BRF have all staged pictures themselves. I don't think anyone denies it but Meghan is brand spanking new trying to prove she belongs. This is drama is the last thing she needed especially when the rest of the immediate Markles have been giving her a headache as well.

He probably embarrassed or ashamed. I don't think he is anything like Samantha and Tom Jr. whatsoever but that doesn't change the optics.

That said I do think it will blow over because it is pretty harmless in the grand scheme. He hasn't spoken in all this time. Clearly the family is in the dark. He made an error and likely won't ever do it again.

This is true - which is why Tom Sr's posing isn't quite as bad as if he'd done a tell all. But I think the difference or line is that the BRF usually tries to control these things better. And they use certain reputable magazines and publications - like Vanity Fair.

It's unfortunate he didn't talk to Meghan or KP about this before doing it - Meghan could have explained why it was a very bad idea, etc..

But that is The Royal Family and he is a private citizen living quietly in Mexico.

I doubt Tom Sr is used to having to run things by a PR person or office before doing things. And I don't think there is a BRF in-law handbook given to future in-laws

I am aware these took place back in March. That doesn't change anything. He did this behind her back and nothing can change that or the fact KP asked for protection due to thinking he was hounded based off pictures he posed for.

Yes the BRF have all staged pictures themselves. I don't think anyone denies it but Meghan is brand spanking new trying to prove she belongs. This is drama is the last thing she needed especially when the rest of the immediate Markles have been giving her a headache as well.

He probably embarrassed or ashamed. I don't think he is anything like Samantha and Tom Jr. whatsoever but that doesn't change the optics.

That said I do think it will blow over because it is pretty harmless in the grand scheme. He hasn't spoken in all this time. Clearly the family is in the dark. He made an error and likely won't ever do it again.

I just hope there are no more pictures.

Osipi pointed out upthread the real differences between the photos Tom Sr posed for and the stalking photos. KP warning off stalkers is still valid even if Tom Sr cooperated with one set of photos.

But that is The Royal Family and he is a private citizen living quietly in Mexico.

I doubt Tom Sr is used to having to run things by a PR person or office before doing things. And I don't think there is a BRF in-law handbook given to future in-laws

I still think that he should have known better, however, some of the arguments here are making me feel a bit sorry for him. Only a bit, like 5% sorry for him. The other 95% of me wants Doria to give him the tongue lashing of his life for doing this.

She wasn't there when he dropped them off but she arrived hours later. The photographers waited for her. The Sun posted it.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/62681...to-ex-wife-before-daughter-weds-prince-harry/

I don't think they dislike each other but I also can believe they are civil for their daughter and that Doria might dislike how he and his kids have acted. Meghan and Doria are extremely close. We all know that. I'll imagine also very protective and the Markles have been a nightmare.

Thanks. If you scroll down on that article, there is a video of a life sized cake in the likeness of M&H.

Perhaps they should start. :lol: I say that only half joking. There was no support for new members of the royal family before, but after the disaster of the 90s, that’s changed. Perhaps there should be some guidance offered to the in-laws who are mostly novice when it comes to such issues.

I still think that he should have known better, however, some of the arguments here are making me feel a bit sorry for him. Only a bit, like 5% sorry for him. The other 95% of me wants Doria to give him the tongue lashing of his life for doing this.

Oh, and I’d say he deserves it. And I’m one of the ones thinking he didn’t do this with ill intention (see my really long post trying to be fair a few posts ago). However, I just think this is not the end of the world or the worst of what the BRF has seen from their own and those around them. That said, doesn’t mean Meghan or Doria can’t be angry with him for being stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Osipi pointed out upthread the real differences between the photos Tom Sr posed for and the stalking photos. KP warning off stalkers is still valid even if Tom Sr cooperated with one set of photos.

I don't disagree but it is clear they issued that request due to these pictures. I am not saying the media shouldn't back off. They absolutely should leave them be but talk about a gut hit to learn you have been fooled by your own father.

It is interesting looking at the reaction to the royal photographers. They all got that "back off" notice and basically rolled their eyes because they all knew it was staged.

Last edited:
I actually kind of like the BRF in-law handbook or something like too. ?

I think the BRF should be more proactive in this social media, 24/7 news cycle in assisting in-laws if it is needed. But really, it has only been Kate's and Meghan's families that seem to attract the media. Sophie's don't, nor do Mike's, Autumn's or even Jack's. And do we know anything about Tim's family?

Last edited:
That is because Meghan and Kate are the wives of Diana's boys. Let's just keep it real. William is the future king and Harry is the popular "People's Prince" as they say. Due to that their significant others and children will be just as sort after. That isn't changing.

Danged Auto Correct!

Actually I think I look more like Isis. I find this so amusing right now as I'm actually reading a book (in between checking posts here) on influences of the Osiris/Isis/Horus story over the centuries. :D

Sorry for going off topic here. ;)

With a handle like ladongas (long story), I should be more careful with the names of others.

I feel really bad for Meghan. She truly didn't need this one week before the wedding. From all accounts, she trusted her father, he probably fed her a few porkies about the paparazzi chasing him, and here he had worked with them. This makes the interview Samantha gave even more hilarious. He doesn't have the money to travel to the wedding, blah blah.

In the grand scheme of things, this isn't a huge thing, it's an error of judgment, posing for paparazzi pictures and getting paid. He didn't sell any info about Meghan, just sold access to himself. And in a way I do understand. The paparazzi WERE chasing him, got paid loads for pictures of him, he probably thought it would be an easy way to make a lot of money and he wasn't harming anyone.

But it must be another sting for Meghan. It sounds like KP were telling the tabloids to back off him, and they and Meghan were in the dark completely.

@Cocoasneeze - and that's the issue. It's not the lie it's the cover up. The narrative has always been despite other family members selling her out, Doria and Sr had Meghan's back. This bomb DM and the Sun dropped one week before the wedding undercuts that story. Sam and Jr don't need to wade in on this because it will make matters worse; but you know they will.

I feel really bad for Meghan. She truly didn't need this one week before the wedding. From all accounts, she trusted her father, he probably fed her a few porkies about the paparazzi chasing him, and here he had worked with them. This makes the interview Samantha gave even more hilarious. He doesn't have the money to travel to the wedding, blah blah.

In the grand scheme of things, this isn't a huge thing, it's an error of judgment, posing for paparazzi pictures and getting paid. He didn't sell any info about Meghan, just sold access to himself. And in a way I do understand. The paparazzi WERE chasing him, got paid loads for pictures of him, he probably thought it would be an easy way to make a lot of money and he wasn't harming anyone.

But it must be another sting for Meghan. It sounds like KP were telling the tabloids to back off him, and they and Meghan were in the dark completely.

I agree with you mostly, except the whole getting paid thing. We don't know if he was or he did it so that they would leave them alone, and DM was quite clear about that fact. Robert Jobson also touched on that in his analysis.

Not all of the photos were taken in March. One set of photos (the ones of him working out) were taken on April 19th. I think posing for photos for a reputable magazine is different than calling up the paps and taking staged photos.

At the end of the day this isn't a big deal, but I imagine it's a disappointment for Meghan.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom