Harry & Meghan: Legal Actions against the Media

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly I have to agree. I truly do not understand what the York Princesses and Prince Michael of Kent have to do with their legal action against the Mail on Sunday.:ermm:

As far as I know she was responding to a claim by the other side that members of the BRF "don't work". So as a response she gave several names as examples of members of the BRF who do work. I guess the claim doesn't make a distinction between "working royals" and "non-working royals".

As I said before, she knows she has lost the case and now is trying her best to use this as a PR exercise to create sympathy for herself. It is not working (expect for the die-hards who think she is a living saint)

I agree she's probably trying to cloud the issue, and its possible that this stuff will be disallowed in the trial because it has nothing to do with the case. And it doesn't make her or Harry look good that they are using the case to crticise their own staff and other members fo the RF.

As far as I know she was responding to a claim by the other side that members of the BRF "don't work". So as a response she gave several names as examples of members of the BRF who do work. I guess the claim doesn't make a distinction between "working royals" and "non-working royals".

She and Harry ought to know the difference between full time workig royals, like them, and those who are not full time working royals, like for example Beatrice and Eugenie or P Michael or the Phillipses.

But this is what Kay is saying, not what the RF are saying. He may feel she should have invited her sister in spite of Sam's bizarre behaviour. I find it hard to believe that the RF wanted to invite the brother and sister who were clearly hostile to Meghan. Once Thos M senior began to act oddly and became somewhat hostile to his daughter he too was cut off by the Sussex's and the RF. He wasn't mentioned in the birth announcement about Archie.. so I can't see that the RF would have wanted Samantha and Tomas Junior at the wedding, acting up and embarrassing everyone.

Sorry but I find this conversation as one based in little fact due to the involvement of one writer from one publication that actually seems to thrive on causing conflicts in reporting on the RF. I don't even need to go near a grain of salt. :lol:

Also have had a lifetime of the Misadventures of the Markles and have relegated them to where they belong. The ancient history files. ;)

As I said before, she knows she has lost the case and now is trying her best to use this as a PR exercise to create sympathy for herself. It is not working (expect for the die-hards who think she is a living saint)

I'm one of the people who "support" them and I have done so since the beginning. I really don't get all the hate she gets nor do I understand the accusations people seem too pile up on her. What I do see however is double standards, conspiracy theories and bullying. I like none of those.

And if she loses, she loses. No one really knows what the outcome will be.

I agree she's probably trying to cloud the issue, and its possible that this stuff will be disallowed in the trial because it has nothing to do with the case. And it doesn't make her or Harry look good that they are using the case to crticise their own staff and other members fo the RF.

The irony being that she is doing all this to try and make Harry and herself look like victims worthy of sympathy-- the kind of PR they need to sell their brand

The legal case is about letters concerning Meghan and Thomas Markle snr. I don't see what Beatrice and Eugenie's jobs or Meghan claiming she felt "unprotected" during her pregnancy have got to do with any of it.

We are in the middle of the biggest international crisis in 75 years. No-one cares about a letter which was published two years ago. I wish they'd just let it drop and move on!

I'm one of the people who "support" them and I have done so since the beginning. I really don't get all the hate she gets nor do I understand the accusations people seem too pile up on her. What I do see however is double standards, conspiracy theories and bullying. I like none of those.

And if she loses, she loses. No one really knows what the outcome will be.

...i'm starting to see conspiracy theories and bullying as well...thing is, i see it coming from H&M's side with the details in this legal suit...

Why drag the names of non-Firm-working royals into this when their's is a totally different situation *and* they have nothing to do with the legal matter at hand...

The legal case is about letters concerning Meghan and Thomas Markle snr. I don't see what Beatrice and Eugenie's jobs or Meghan claiming she felt "unprotected" during her pregnancy have got to do with any of it.

We are in the middle of the biggest international crisis in 75 years. No-one cares about a letter which was published two years ago. I wish they'd just let it drop and move on!
I think they were told that they can't drop it? But i agree that to raise a lot of other issues is silly...

I don't know. I find them hard to understand. But to be insinuating as they seem to be that that they are upset because other royals are allowed to work, is just wrong. Harry should know that there is a line between royals who work for the firm and those like Bea and Eugenie who don't, who don't get money from the Sovereign grant and who are free to do a job and who do occasionally do a bit of charity work or appear with the queen but aren't working royals. Or Charles who does sell things but does so on behalf of his Duchy for his charities. Harry must know there's a difference. Perhaps Meghan can't see the difference, I can sort of understand that, but Harry should know better and should have explained it to her.
I dont know.
DOES He not understand the difference either which I honestly have to say mean's he's not that bright...or willfully refuses to understand. Or he DOES really want out of royal life and now he's using these reasons such as his own depression Meg's depression and their desire to have a more free and independent life, and to earn their own money, as excuses..

You are too nice :p I'm an American and I know the difference. She lived with them. She should know, unless she was really lazy and didnt do her own research and just let Harry fill her in, which is not a good look if you really think about it. Which kind of signales she was never really interested in learnng about his family or country. Or they know and just don't care. Personally, Im more inclined to believe they know and don't care. I think, they are exploiting their own emotions to get what they want as some of the lawsuits seem to hint with emotional damage and not feeling protected enough by the BRF, when there was no need to even mention that or mention other non working royals. as the lawsuit was about the letters, etc. Though she does voice some genuine concerns, that she has a right to presue, but maybe, this was their way of airing dirty laundry/looking like victims as well, comes across as manipulative. Eventually, they knew all this be published, shrugs.

As For Meg/them wanting more freedom. I never really understood that. She was an actress she was told how speak and act as a character and how to present herself outside her role and even what to wear. Heck , knowing that lifestyle the studios/modeling gigs probably has stepulations in her contract on how much weight she can gain, etc. Yet all the sudden when it comes to the BRF she feels backed up a gainst a wall and doesnt alledgedly want to follow dress code? It's only the BRF that has demanded so much of her. If any of that is true, don't make sense to me. Thats whining to your boss that I dont want to follow your rules, etc.

I'm all for them earning their money but they have to understand they can't really plaster their monorgrams or what not on things just for their benefit. Again they could understand and they just don't care. I'm sure whatever staff he has had in the past would try and tell them this. Merely speculating

Last edited:
"As For Meg/them wanting more freedom. I never really understood that. She was an actress she was told how speak and act as a character and how to present herself outside her role and even what to wear. Heck , knowing that lifestyle the studios/modeling gigs probably has stepulations in her contract on how much weight she can gain, etc. Yet all the sudden when it comes to the BRF she feels backed up a gainst a wall and doesnt alledgedly want to follow dress code? It's only the BRF that has demanded so much of her. If any of that is true, don't make sense to me. Thats whining to your boss that I dont want to follow your rules, etc."

^^^a very salient point, Duchesschicana

What Royal dress code? 99% of what was suggested as Meghan breaking dress codes were in articles on online tabloid media sites pointing the finger about one shouldered dresses, no tights, no pants while on Royal engagements, coloured nail varnish etc, that other royals had been seen wearing before, during and after Meghan came into the Royal Family.

Those articles alleging breaches of a non existent 'code' were absolute rubbish. Meghan was even blasted by these self-proclaimed 'experts' at one stage for exposing her toes in sandals in spite of Kate having worn espadrilles and the Queen and Princess Margaret being seen in open toed shoes as early as the 1950s.

Last edited:

I agree, and I think it’s absolutely ludicrous. Not only is a lawsuit NOT the place to hash out grievances, I believe she’s delusional if she thinks this martyr syndrome is going to get her anywhere. She’s playing the “I’m a commoner victim of the big, bad, BRF”, expecting the public to support her because of their often mixed feelings towards them. Well, they’re not. Frankly, she’s exhausting to read about; I can only imagine how she is to deal with

What Royal dress code? 99% of what was suggested as Meghan breaking dress codes were in articles on online tabloid media sites pointing the finger about one shouldered dresses, no tights, no pants while on Royal engagements, coloured nail varnish etc, that other royals had been seen wearing before, during and after Meghan came into the Royal Family.

Those articles alleging breaches of a non existent 'code' were absolute rubbish. Meghan was even blasted by these self-proclaimed 'experts' at one stage for exposing her toes in sandals in spite of Kate having worn espadrilles and the Queen and Princess Margaret being seen in open toed shoes as early as the 1950s.

Those articles hve nothing to do with the BRF.

Last edited:
I agree, and I think it’s absolutely ludicrous. Not only is a lawsuit NOT the place to hash out grievances, I believe she’s delusional if she thinks this martyr syndrome is going to get her anywhere. She’s playing the “I’m a commoner victim of the big, bad, BRF”, expecting the public to support her because of their often mixed feelings towards them. Well, they’re not. Frankly, she’s exhausting to read about; I can only imagine how she is to deal with

Hey it worked 100% for Diana - so they are just taking a leaf out of that book. I have been told the royals that we named were strategically done - she could easily have named the previous roles of the Wessex's and the Phillips's.

Meghan and Harry have a game plan - it is quiet easy to work out.

Hey it worked 100% for Diana - so they are just taking a leaf out of that book. I have been told the royals that we named were strategically done - she could easily have named the previous roles of the Wessex's and the Phillips's.

How do you see the story develop?

...i'm starting to see conspiracy theories and bullying as well...thing is, i see it coming from H&M's side with the details in this legal suit...

Why drag the names of non-Firm-working royals into this when their's is a totally different situation *and* they have nothing to do with the legal matter at hand...

Because I believe the DM asserted in their legal papers "Royals don't work". So Meghan replied with examples of royals who do work. The DM made no distinction between working royals and non-working royals.

Because I believe the DM asserted in their legal papers "Royals don't work". So Meghan replied with examples of royals who do work. The DM made no distinction between working royals and non-working royals.

Surely Meghan might be able to make the distinction between the royals that represent the Crown and those that do not.

If she's genuinely upset about that sort of thing, she needs to get a thicker skin. I get very upset if people have a go at me, and I'm sure it must be horrible having all this stuff written about you, but, if someone's got nothing better to do than moan about your shoes or your nail varnish, are they really worth worrying about?

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:

Can I enquire as to who has told you the names were strategic? And do enlighten us as to the game plan you’ve quite easily worked out?

Interesting that Omid is now being used to provide clarifications and justifications on the litigation as well.

He's a reporter, he reports about royals, that's his job. Just like he reports on William and Catherine and Charles and Camilla and the Queen. Unless you want to claim he's on Harry and Meghan's payroll.

Interesting that Omid is now being used to provide clarifications and justifications on the litigation as well.

As distinct from the myriad journalists employed by the newspaper group the Sussexes are suing who pour scorn on all attempts by Meghan's lawyers to clarify her situation.

He's a reporter, he reports about royals, that's his job. Just like he reports on William and Catherine and Charles and Camilla and the Queen. Unless you want to claim he's on Harry and Meghan's payroll.

I am not suggesting he is on H&M's payroll, but he is certainly their chosen mouthpiece, perhaps like Richard Kay was for Diana.

I am not suggesting he is on H&M's payroll, but he is certainly their chosen mouthpiece, perhaps like Richard Kay was for Diana.

Or he is simply reporting on what he sees and refuses to go along with the "Meghan-is-a-witch" thing so many have going on. And of course he has a book to sell. Perhaps he feels it's a lot smarter to stay on their good side, especially since Harry and Meghan have cut off most of the gossip press in the UK. In the long run it would pay off not to participate in the bashing. Doesn't however mean he's their mouthpiece. He could very well be acting on his own. Reporters tend to do that sometimes.

Their game plan sucks, and it’s not working ....Harry is betraying his family, and it’s terribly sad

It only sort of worked for Diana because she had the forture to die before she could overegg the public sympathy pudding but had she lived I doubt she would have the same St Diana aura around her that she has now . It had already started with critical Dodi coverage .

I assume she named Beatrice and Eugenie because she can chain them to Andrew and Michael of Kent because of his brooch wearing wife .

I'm taking this with enough salt to turn a freshwater lake into a briny pond but from a quick research, it seems Cosmopolitan is usually reliable with reliable sources but don't quote me on that because I've never actually read the magazine.

Anyways... according to this article, Thomas Markle will be testifying in the court case. On the side of the defendant against his own daughter. :confused:

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/entert...ium=social-media&utm_campaign=socialflowFBCOS

I'm taking this with enough salt to turn a freshwater lake into a briny pond but from a quick research, it seems Cosmopolitan is usually reliable with reliable sources but don't quote me on that because I've never actually read the magazine.

Anyways... according to this article, Thomas Markle will be testifying in the court case. On the side of the defendant against his own daughter. :confused:

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/entert...ium=social-media&utm_campaign=socialflowFBCOS

Well I'm sure that will do wonders for the relationship with his daughter en her family. If there was any hope of reconciliation he can kiss that goodbye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom