Harry and Meghan Are Expecting, Baby Due Spring 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you about the "technical" part. However, given all the talk from Charles about wanting to cull down the HRH part …. just wondering if it's only lip service. After all, the Cambridge's have 3 kids … Harry is no longer a seat warmer and his children even less so. JHMO.

I believe that after HM's death Charles will need William's support in more official things in the UK while he will use Harry's help for tending to the Commonwealth. Maybe, if Britain takes a bit of a fall following Brexit, they might even send the Sussexes to Australia, to represent the king there as governor general, to keep Australia closer to Britain. So I believe Harry will be important and his children, too. Probably even James Severn, who, when (as it is planned) his father becomes Duke of Edinburgh after Philip dies and Charles ascends the throne and creates the title anew for his brother, and James will become Earl of Wessex, he will be probably helping his father with Philip's charities and award scheme, just like Edward took over when Philip retired.

Surely Louise, Charlotte and Louis will have a chance to not become working Royals, but I think if they want to be, they could.

The problem for the York-girls IMHO has always been the combination of Andrew & Sarah behind them. I am sure Charles knows exactly what kind of business deals Andrew has organized on playing golf worldwide and or when he was a trade representative. (Sarah was so sure when she was caught by the fake sheikh that she could introduce him to Andrew and that Andrew would do "something" for him - this was IMHO not the first time the Yorks played that game without the palace being aware of what was going on. So I think Charles just shuddered at the idea that Beatrice and Eugenie would follow their parents, especially when Andrew took Beatrice with him to the Arab countries to "introduce" her.

But Edward needs someone to follow him and there is enough work even for both of his kids and the Commonwealth could be a chance for the Sussexes' kids.

IMHO, of course.

I can’t see any scenario where Harry’s first born will be a working royal. By the time he or she finishes school and military training, Charles would be into his late 90s

All three Cambridge children are ahead of a Sussex baby. Harry’s children certainly won’t be working royals under William.

AWWW! I knew it! Lovely and congratulations!!!

I don't think that Harry and Meghan will want their children to be working royals. I think that they will prefer for their children to have private lives.

Ok here are the Facts

This child will be 7th in the line of succession at birth
As of now at birth if it is a boy he will be His Grace The Earl of Dumbarton
If it is a girl Lady [First Name] Mountbatten-Windsor

Unless The Queen issues LP to make all children of Duke of Sussex HRH Princes/Princesses of the UK, the assumption being, since they are grand children of a Future monarch instead of having them change status when Charles ascend the throne according to King George V 1917 LPs

In this case
If it is a boy he will be HRH Prince [First Name] of Sussex
If it is a girl sh will be HRH Princess [First Name] of Sussex

if no LPs by the Queen before th birth, once Charles ascends the throne they will become HRH Princes/Princesses of the UK as grand children of the monarch, or they will remain title as sons and daughter of a Duke if Charles as King decides it is his will, or if he issues new LPs defining who is HRH Princes/Princesses of the UK, and these new LPs restrict this dignity to the children of the heir, or if Harry and Meghan decides that their children be titled as sons and daughter of a duke

Finally, although Harry is now 6th in line, he is for practical purposes a very senior royal. George, Charlotte and Louis won't be active royal for at least 25 to 30 years

a successor to the throne.

HARDLY - it will be 'in the line of succession' to the throne, which is rather different.
For this child to acceed to the throne there would have to be a major catastrophe, wiping out everyone between them and the current Monarch..

I can’t see any scenario where Harry’s first born will be a working royal. By the time he or she finishes school and military training, Charles would be into his late 90s

All three Cambridge children are ahead of a Sussex baby. Harry’s children certainly won’t be working royals under William.

Exactly my point!

Harry will be a good father. He is so calm when he is surrounded by children. He had the best training objects (called George, Charlotte and Louis). His love will made his children incredible strong.

Also Meghan does a great job when she is "working" with children.

Truth of the matter is that the whole idea of Charles wanting a slimmed down monarchy is just wild speculation at this point. There has been no credible reference to anything that Charles has actually said concerning the matter.

Secondly, if we look over the past 25-30 years from the time the Wales children were born, there's been a drastic change in our world and even how the royals "work". We don't know what things will be like 25-30 years from now. For all we know, there may be drastic changes in how the monarchy works (if there even is one).

With this in mind, I think its best to focus on today and the happy news we have of an impending blessed event for Harry and Meghan and just let the chips fall where they may and see what happens. Most likely, I will not be around 25-30 years from now to witness what's going on but I am willing to be that TRF will still be going strong. :D

Ok here are the Facts

This child will be 7th in the line of succession at birth
As of now at birth if it is a boy he will be His Grace The Earl of Dumbarton
If it is a girl Lady [First Name] Mountbatten-Windsor

Actually he will be only "Earl of Dumbarton". Honorific styles are not used with courtesy titles. And BTW the style for titular earls is "The Right Honourable", rather than "His Grace", which is used only for titular dukes.

Not Viscount of something?
Earl of Dumbarton is one of Harry's titles.

Nobody knows what the future holds but right now

working royals
The queen
Prince Philip (Retired)
Prince Charles
Camilla
Prince William
Kate
Prince Harry
Meghan
Prince Andrew
Prince Edward
Sophie
Princess Anne
Duke of Gloucester
Duchess of Gloucester
Duke of Kent
Duchess of Kent (Retired)
Prince Michael of Kent (Semi)
Prince Michael of Kent (semi)
Princess Alexandra (Semi)

By the time Charles ascend the throne

Prince Charles
Camilla
Prince William
Kate
Prince Harry
Meghan
Prince Andrew
Prince Edward
Sophie
Princess Anne
Duke of Gloucester
Duchess of Gloucester
Duke of Kent (Retired)

Prince Michael of Kent (Semi)
Prince Michael of Kent (semi)
Princess Alexandra (Retired)

by the time William ascends the throne

William
Kate
Camilla
Prince Harry
Meghan
Prince Andrew
Prince Edward
Sophie
Princess Anne (Toward Retirement)
Duke of Gloucester (Retired)
Duchess of Gloucester (Retired)

Duke of Kent (Retired)

Prince Michael of Kent (toward retirement)
Prince Michael of Kent (toward retirement)

Princess Alexandra (Retired)

8 to 11

add George, Charlotte, Louis, so i would not categorically exclude the sussexes offsprings just as a matter of numbers

I didn’t want to speculate but I’m so happy the speculation was right. She has glowed these last few weeks. Congratulations to the Sussexes and Baby Sussex!

Right. The son and heir, for a courtesy title, would use one of his father's secondary titles. We see that with the Earl of Wessex's son being Viscount Severn.

As Earl of Dumbarton is one of Harry's secondary titles, it would be the one that his son and heir uses as a courtesy title. ;)

Exactly :flowers: An heir to a peerage is not given their own title, they use a subsidiary title of their father (or mother in rare case). It's the senior courtesy title. Just as James Wessex uses Edwards subsidiary title viscount Severn, Harrys son woukd use Earl of Dumbarton. When Harry becomes a grabdfather decades from now, his eldest grandson would be Baron Kilkeel. Harry is not a viscount so his children and grandchildren never will be. This is how all peerages whether royal like Kents or not royal work.

Congratulations to the couple on the exciting news. Happy to wake up to it :flowers:

Will make the tour longer she more tiring but obviously she is doing well ?

Just in time likely to be a near anniversary gift.

I feel so happy for the couple, but also for Charles. This will be his fourth grandchild. His family has grown so beautifully.

I know pregnant women that run farms, work two jobs, are single parents. And THRIVE.
It's pregnancy not some advanced life threatening disease.

Yes I am aware...I have children and know many women who worked while pregnant.

However neither I, you or they faced the intense pressures of the media and living in a fishbowl doing 76 engagements in 2 weeks. That is a different type of stress.

LaRae

Yes I am aware...I have children and know many women who worked while pregnant.

However neither I, you or they faced the intense pressures of the media and living in a fishbowl doing 76 engagements in 2 weeks. That is a different type of stress.

LaRae

Agreed, and in addition, you never really know in advance what kind of pregnancy you are going to have, and whether you are going to be able to be as active as you would be if you were not pregnant. Meghan must be feeling very well, and have gotten the go-ahead from her doctors, but I still wouldn't be surprised if this tour put quite a bit of stress on her.

Meghan really does glow, doesn't she? I am so glad that at least publicly, she has had a forgiving pregnancy. I hope that continues.

I agree with you about the "technical" part. However, given all the talk from Charles about wanting to cull down the HRH part …. just wondering if it's only lip service. After all, the Cambridge's have 3 kids … Harry is no longer a seat warmer and his children even less so. JHMO.

Slimming down the monarch is in regards to who is working royal, in other words, financially supported by monarchy one way or another. Having HRH doesn't mean that.

At the end of day, I think not having HRH is more in keeping with the couple's personality. It would give their kids more freedom than Harry had.

more freedom than Harry had.

This Sussex child and its siblings [if any] will have more freedom than 'the boys' enjoyed,
a- because they will not the 'the heir and the spare'
b- because their Mother isn't a 'SUPERSTAR', seeker of publicity in the manner of his Mother.
c- Harry [having been brought up in that GLARE of notoriety, and not enjoyed it] will be as fiercely protective of their privacy as William is of his children.

She is most likely due towards the end of April if she is at least 12 weeks along. I am 10 weeks and 3 days along, and I am due May 10.

Hooray! Congrats to Harry and Meghan! I am excited she is due around the same time as me.

Congratulations to you NCSUchick27. Best wishes for an easy pregnancy and a safe delivery.:flowers:
Congratulations to the Sussexes. Hope that Meghan has an easy pregnancy and a safe delivery.

(Those purple folders/belly shields can be retired now.)

Last edited:
Ohhhh I am so excited for them! I agree it will be a grueling to do such a busy tour and with all the traveling. I can’t imagine. Pregnancy is hard enough and I say that as someone who had an easy time.

This is lovely news to wake up to on a Monday morning. :flowers: However, I do feel just slightly bad for them both but Meghan especially. I realize that they had to announce this news now since they're going to be extensively photographed and it's clear that she's beginning to show based on her recent fashion choices BUT, it's three days after Jack and Eugenie's wedding and they will absolutely be accused of stealing their thunder, particularly if anyone buys into the rumor that they told senior royals of the pregnancy during the wedding celebrations.

I'd be hard pressed to buy that they were intentionally trying to upstage the newly married couple with the news or that they were rude and crass enough to share that news at the wedding but admittedly the optics of the timing aren't great and given the level of criticism launched at Meghan on a daily basis for everything under the sun, I have a feeling this happy news might come with a bit of a dark cloud.

This is lovely news to wake up to on a Monday morning. :flowers: However, I do feel just slightly bad for them both but Meghan especially. I realize that they had to announce this news now since they're going to be extensively photographed and it's clear that she's beginning to show based on her recent fashion choices BUT, it's three days after Jack and Eugenie's wedding and they will absolutely be accused of stealing their thunder, particularly if anyone buys into the rumor that they told senior royals of the pregnancy during the wedding celebrations.

I'd be hard pressed to buy that they were intentionally trying to upstage the newly married couple with the news or that they were rude and crass enough to share that news at the wedding but admittedly the optics of the timing aren't great and given the level of criticism launched at Meghan on a daily basis for everything under the sun, I have a feeling this happy news might come with a bit of a dark cloud.
I don't know. I think they would've announced it before the tour anyways as she's already at the 3 months mark. However, they probably waited a little longer to let Eugenie have her day in spotlight. And the announcement said the family congratulated them at the wedding, not that this is when they were told. It was likely the first time in awhile where all of the family are together (only exception being Camilla). I have no doubt the the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall and the Cambridges likely knew before Friday. Anyone saying they are trying to upstage the bridal couple would be stretching it quite far. Life does happen to more than one person at a time in the family.

They would be “taking the spotlight” today, pregnancy or no, just from the fact that they’ve arrived to start a major tour—a tour which everyone involved would have known about when Eugenie’s wedding was scheduled.

HAPPY news!!!! Congratulations!!! (also congratulations to our member here for her pregnancy as well). I always thought they would wait until the tour was over :lol: surprising news for me (even though I read about the baby hairs here, but never took it to heart). This tour will now be way more exciting!

They'll be grandchildren of the monarch - they'll be princes/ess. Only if Meghan and Harry insist that they won't will they remain Lady/Lord. I could see them deciding to do so, but it should also be mentioned that the relative family size of senior royals cannot be compared. The Queen's lengthy reign and the future monarch only having two sons -with no children anywhere even remotely near working age, the Sussexes standing in the royal hierarchy will be elevated alone on a need basis.

It's a balancing act and shrinking the working monarchy completely down to the main line would put an immense pressure on the 3 Cambridge kids(and their children). I could see the Cambridges having a 4th or even a 5th child alone because of that. Maybe than it would be realistically double in a stable manner.
Why? I can't seem to understand this. The British Royal Family is a big one, there's lot of people in the family who could help with the work. Besides (and this is just an example), when Felipe and Letizia/Phillippe and Mathilde became King and Queen of Spain/Belgium respectively, it slimmed down the royal family quite a bit, plus having young children who can't be working royals yet. But Felipe and Letizia/Phillippe and Mathilde work and they are only two for their country (sometimes Infanta Elena and Astrid do some engagements, but only a few), and they are showing great ability to carry everything on with just themselves. Why can't this happen with the British Royal Family as well? If Charles becomes King, is he, Camilla, William, Catherine, Harry and Meghan. That's good amount, besides, Charles siblings can help from time to time too. I don't see problem with this really, unless the british people would want to see their royals everyday and everywhere...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom