General News about the Sussex Family, Part Two: April-August 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what he means by “certain” news channels. The way he phrases it “when you’re sitting there” implies tv. If so I can guess which US news channel he’s referring to.

He now clearly thinks there are right & wrong (internet/media) platforms. He has formed opinions & more crucially taken sides. I can guess which platforms he thinks are right & which are wrong.

What’s next? The now seemingly politicised British prince and the US culture wars. What could possibly go wrong?

I wonder what he means by “certain” news channels. The way he phrases it “when you’re sitting there” implies tv. If so I can guess which US news channel he’s referring to.

He now clearly thinks there are right & wrong (internet/media) platforms. He has formed opinions & more crucially taken sides. I can guess which platforms he thinks are right & which are wrong.

What’s next? The now seemingly politicised British prince and the US culture wars. What could possibly go wrong?

Hmmmm why do I think he's er repeating Meghan's opininons.

I think talking about the human spirit and everyone pulling together would be absolutely fine, although it's worth noting that William got dinged quite a bit on social media for saying "Britain is at its best in a crisis" even though his intent was clear enough and similar to Harry's first statement, but to start bringing the media and therefore politics into it is iffy, even though he is no longer a working member of the royal family it can still blow back on them.

The kicker here is that actually with the Sussexes being private citizens and not representing the British Royal Family or the "Firm" in any way, they *can* be as political as they care to be. The being political restrictions no longer apply.

Of course, to me, just being who they are and actually still members of the British Royal Family, whatever political stance they do happen to take can and will reflect on the BRF just by association. As Harry and Meghan have stated in their statement issued at the beginning of the year that they would strive to "uphold the values of the Queen", I would hope that would include being as apolitical as HM, The Queen is. ?

Harry is still 6ht in line to the throne, so I would say that even though he decided to step away from his royal duties; as long as he doesn't give up his rights to the throne he needs to treat carefully.

The kicker here is that actually with the Sussexes being private citizens and not representing the British Royal Family or the "Firm" in any way, they *can* be as political as they care to be. The being political restrictions no longer apply.

Of course, to me, just being who they are and actually still members of the British Royal Family, whatever political stance they do happen to take can and will reflect on the BRF just by association. As Harry and Meghan have stated in their statement issued at the beginning of the year that they would strive to "uphold the values of the Queen", I would hope that would include being as apolitical as HM, The Queen is. ?

Or as political as Charles, but without acting ehind close doors but out in the open... :flowers:

I don't know if we can talk about this but it seems very clear it's a PR stunt. All the handholding, touchy feely, they knew/expected it to be released. They just can't stay quiet and the thirst for attention really angers me. One of the worst celebs. Others donate quietly..

As someone upthread mentioned, until they are truly financially independent, they better watch their statements regarding political stances. If it puts Charles in an uncomfortable position the purse strings might close on them fast. And given what’s going on with the world, It is going to be a long while yet before they will be able to achieve the financial independence they need to sustain their lifestyles.

The great irony of Harry's life will be that the restrictions he has thrown off come from the very platform that give people any interest in the first place.

In other words: Harry was able to go on a podcast and make a comment about how the media portrays current events because he is no longer a working royal. But people only care about a word he says because... he was a working royal. He has given up his platform because he dislikes the restrictions the platform gave him, but without the restrictions, he... has no platform. Time will tell whether this model works.

The great irony of Harry's life will be that the restrictions he has thrown off come from the very platform that give people any interest in the first place.

In other words: Harry was able to go on a podcast and make a comment about how the media portrays current events because he is no longer a working royal. But people only care about a word he says because... he was a working royal. He has given up his platform because he dislikes the restrictions the platform gave him, but without the restrictions, he... has no platform. Time will tell whether this model works.
The great irony indeed. I just feel like what he does is tacky and not PR-savy and he still doesn't seem to get it. After so many "slips", getting tricked by "Greta" he still sometimes makes questionable remarks. He isn't too bright. I don't really want to be a hater but living in Hollywood and doing "rom-com" PR stunts are his new things. Oh well..

I doubt he and Archie and any future children would ever be removed from line of succession.

That's about it. He can make money, for a time, because he is a former working royal. he gets in the papers because of the same thing. I think in a few years interset in him will fizzle out.. so he may have trouble with earning an income.. and he may find that the cameras are not around any more...

[...] Harry chose to abandon his country and now he's lecturing people from the US, not sure why anyone would care.

Right. He is a British Prince, son of the next King. He should be in his country supporting people in this time of need. And if he is not going to do so, forget about UK in the same way he will be forgotten.

I don't know if we can talk about this but it seems very clear it's a PR stunt. All the handholding, touchy feely, they knew/expected it to be released. They just can't stay quiet and the thirst for attention really angers me. One of the worst celebs. Others donate quietly..

Oddly they are using the same photographers that were used in her father’s photogate before the wedding.

I don't think that Harry will ever be dependent on making an income for a very long time. We have to remember that in the far off future (I'm hoping), he most likely will inherit from his grandmother and then again in many more years from now (I hope), from his father.

I believe that right now, the "making an income" is not the top priority of how the Sussexes want their lives to be. Its there, of course, but not a top priority for them. They're not one step away from the welfare lines. What is important right now to them, IMO, is setting up and making Archwell Global Foundation viable and operational. From what I've seen since March 31st, their focus has been more about charity than about "making an income". Not one thing "for sale" has popped up anywhere nor has there been any reports of activities done for a paycheck in the pocket.

I'm just not going to denigrate and write this couple off until there is a good, valid and credible reason to. ?

I doubt he and Archie and any future children would ever be removed from line of succession.

That's a matter for parliament of course. It's they who determine the line of succession. I've never heard of any such suggestion though.

The only reform I could ever think of would be a restriction to British (+ other realms) citizens. There can't be that many countries where, theoretically at least, a foreign national can become the head of state.

Somewhat off topic sorry.

I don't think that Harry will ever be dependent on making an income for a very long time. We have to remember that in the far off future (I'm hoping), he most likely will inherit from his grandmother and then again in many more years from now (I hope), from his father.

I believe that right now, the "making an income" is not the top priority of how the Sussexes want their lives to be. Its there, of course, but not a top priority for them. They're not one step away from the welfare lines. What is important right now to them, IMO, is setting up and making Archwell Global Foundation viable and operational. From what I've seen since March 31st, their focus has been more about charity than about "making an income". Not one thing "for sale" has popped up anywhere nor has there been any reports of activities done for a paycheck in the pocket.

I'm just not going to denigrate and write this couple off until there is a good, valid and credible reason to. ?

Any inheritance will be subject to tax at 40% above £325'000 if anyone is wondering.

Last edited by a moderator:
That does not apply to trust funds which might well be set up straight after the birth of children and grandchildren.

That does not apply to trust funds which might well be set up straight after the birth of children and grandchildren.

Oh yes I know. The rich know how to stay rich of course. All perfectly legal if morally questionable. Tax avoidance good, tax evasion bad.

Best put the soap box away now:lol:

Right. He is a British Prince, son of the next King. He should be in his country supporting people in this time of need. And if he is not going to do so, forget about UK in the same way he will be forgotten.

He's not likely to come back because I don't think Meghan will ever come back

Harry won't inherit from the Queen. Or indeed his father. Their wealth is tied to their work and his family money. If Philip has money he may inherit something but he already inherited millions from his mother and great grandmother. He is fine as far as very wealthy goes but it would not hold, up the lifestyle he is used off.

Harry won't inherit from the Queen. Or indeed his father. Their wealth is tied to their work and his family money. If Philip has money he may inherit something but he already inherited millions from his mother and great grandmother. He is fine as far as very wealthy goes but it would not hold, up the lifestyle he is used off.

Philip is not well off.. I dnt think there's any family money on his side. But Charles will leave him something. He is not going to leave Harry too badly off.. but probably H will be dependent on an allowance from C's personal wealth for many years. He has the money he inherited from Diana nad the QM but its not enough for a lifestyle where he needs bodyguards and a secure home. Hence his and Meg's hopes that they would be able to earn their own large income...

Philip is not well off.. I dnt think there's any family money on his side. But Charles will leave him something. He is not going to leave Harry too badly off.. but probably H will be dependent on an allowance from C's personal wealth for many years. He has the money he inherited from Diana nad the QM but its not enough for a lifestyle where he needs bodyguards and a secure home. Hence his and Meg's hopes that they would be able to earn their own large income...

Who can tell the future but certainly if the current situation continues he will be supported by Charles, then William and maybe even George. To continue living in the way he is used off he will need substantial funds.

I’m laughing at the sheer arrogance of Harry and Meghan...though, I find it pathetic. I look forward to the day they revoke access from the LA Times - though, I don’t think that fine paper will care; heaven knows the NY Times won’t, or anyone reputable newspaper. H and M can have People magazine...or, I guess, Harper’s Bazaar, which their friend, Scobie, erodes for.

I’ll say this - the Sussexes can prevent access, but they can’t stop reporters from having opinions on them.

Oh, and their timing is just wonderful

Last edited:

Sometimes you seem to be the only voice of reason here - the one who looks at what they "have done" instead of condemn them for things they "will do" (and I think they "won't do").

Harry is still 6ht in line to the throne, so I would say that even though he decided to step away from his royal duties; as long as he doesn't give up his rights to the throne he needs to treat carefully.
I agree especially if the Sussexes come to the decision in the future that they cannot achieve financial independence and need to return to the role of full time senior members of the British Royal Family.

It's like they know exactly how to dig that hole even deeper . It's clear to me that they don't listen to anyone wiht even the slightest work experience in PR .

Do most royals allow these publications access?

Imo only royals who like publicity and think they can control the media, the others just make sure to stay out of the limelight when they are not performing public duties and go with the (media) flow in public, because in the end that will make them less interesting for the media (no bait, so to say)

imo ofcourse :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom