The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Guess the sex of Harry and Meghan's first baby!
Boy 55 29.10%
Girl 105 55.56%
Twins - Boy/Boy 3 1.59%
Twins - Boy/Girl 19 10.05%
Twins - Girl/Girl 7 3.70%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2019, 08:29 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telimena View Post
I would highly doubt Wallis would be in there!

My Guesses are:
~Nicholas Spencer Phillip, Earl of Dumbarton
~ Lady Amelia Frances Elizabeth Mountbatten-Windsor
Telimena, I like Nicholas for a boy's first name. There have not been a lot of Nicholases in the British Royal Family.

Old 04-11-2019, 08:38 PM
Heir Apparent

I like the name Adam. Don’t think it’s a tradition royal family name, and completely out of left field. But maybe a middle name?

Old 04-11-2019, 08:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Telimena, I like Nicholas for a boy's first name. There have not been a lot of Nicholases in the British Royal Family.
Likely because the BRF, in the main line at least, tends to stick to more traditional family names. And there isn't a history of Nicholas in the BRF. In other royal families yes, but not the BRF.

The one member who has it is Lord Nicholas Windsor. He was named in honor of his paternal great-grandfather, Princess Marina's father Prince Nicholas of Greece and Denmark. Prince Nicholas was Philip's paternal Uncle, but I don't see them honoring him.
Old 04-12-2019, 02:15 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Likely because the BRF, in the main line at least, tends to stick to more traditional family names. And there isn't a history of Nicholas in the BRF. In other royal families yes, but not the BRF.

The one member who has it is Lord Nicholas Windsor. He was named in honor of his paternal great-grandfather, Princess Marina's father Prince Nicholas of Greece and Denmark. Prince Nicholas was Philip's paternal Uncle, but I don't see them honoring him.
I also like the name Nicholas. In addition to a great-uncle it was the name of Philip's great-great-grandfather, Emperor Nicholas I of Russia. Or maybe they could go with Paul, the name of Nicholas I's father, Emperor Paul.
Old 04-12-2019, 02:32 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
I like the name Adam. Donít think itís a tradition royal family name, and completely out of left field. But maybe a middle name?
Well, it's a bit of a stretch, but Prince Philip did have a 17th century ancestor named Adam Wollenschlager, through his great grandmother Julia Princess of Battenberg.
Old 04-12-2019, 02:56 PM
Majesty

http://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainm...aby-names.html
To stay in line with tradition, Prince Henry and Meghan's baby names must include a first name and at least two middle names.
Old 04-12-2019, 03:27 PM
Nobility

I really don't know what to expect about this baby, regarding name and godparents. I don't think they will choose a traditional first name, so it's like shooting in the dark. I don't expect they use Elizabeth and Diana again, but it will be nice if finally someone pick Alice.
Even if I think it won't be chosen, here my suggestions:
Boy - Cristopher Henry Philip
Girl - Alice Doria Frances or Augusta Mary Frances
Old 04-12-2019, 04:16 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawin View Post
I also like the name Nicholas. In addition to a great-uncle it was the name of Philip's great-great-grandfather, Emperor Nicholas I of Russia. Or maybe they could go with Paul, the name of Nicholas I's father, Emperor Paul.
there are like 100 Nicholases in other RF's at this time alone...I can't see it somehow....
Old 04-12-2019, 05:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
there are like 100 Nicholases in other RF's at this time alone...I can't see it somehow....
I agree but in many royal families that doesn't seem to be a reason not to use a certain name. For example the Swedish RF with Leonore (while we already had a Leonore in the Netherlands, a Leonor in Spain and an Eleonore in Belgium), Alexander (Netherlands; and several Alexandras in various countries), Nicholas (Belgium) and Gabriel (Belgium and Luxembourg; and a Gabriella in among others Monaco). But closer to home the name Louis (Luxembourg, Monaco; and Louise in the UK and Belgium).

In addition, the potential future GD of Luxembourg being given the same name is her potential future colleague in the Netherlands. Felix in Luxembourg and Denmark. We also see several Alberts in the older generation etc.
Old 04-13-2019, 11:52 AM
Royal Highness

Gender, names, and godparent guessing for Harry and Meghan's first child

What about Sebastian or Juliet?
Both classics, but not (over) used in royal circles.
Old 04-15-2019, 06:11 PM
Majesty

For a son use Christian as a middle name. This would represent the Danish ancestry.

For a daughter use Andrea. Andrea is the feminine form of Andrew. This would be in honor of Prince Andrew, the father of Prince Philip.
Old 04-16-2019, 03:10 AM
Courtier

Lady Mary Frances Ebony Rose for Notre Dame Cathedral.
or Quasimodo Francis Blaise Phoenix
Reflecting the news of the week of birth..sad as it is.

And as we approach Easter:
Christopher Uri Pascal Calvary
Bethany Pascaline Grace Clemency
Angela Coco Bunny Sundae

Royals have such long names. One could write a book with each moniker.
Old 04-16-2019, 04:14 AM
Nobility

Still hoping for Alice if the baby is a girl. Middle names.....would be nice to include Spencer in the mix whether boy or girl.

My parlay-style bet for a set of twins, boy and girl: Michael and Phillipa.

No reasons for these guesses---I just like the names and think baby name speculation is great fun.
Old 04-16-2019, 03:24 PM
Nobility

For a boy, Charles Philip Henry
For a girl, Alexandra Elizabeth Meghan

Meghan will want to make sure she honors Charles so she stays in his good graces for the future. Maybe Elizabeth, too.
Old 04-16-2019, 03:45 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the Jungle View Post
Lady Mary Frances Ebony Rose for Notre Dame Cathedral.
or Quasimodo Francis Blaise Phoenix
Reflecting the news of the week of birth..sad as it is.

I'm pretty sure the boy's name (if it is a boy) won't be Quasimodo !
Old 04-16-2019, 03:56 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
For a son use Christian as a middle name. This would represent the Danish ancestry.

For a daughter use Andrea. Andrea is the feminine form of Andrew. This would be in honor of Prince Andrew, the father of Prince Philip.
Danish ancestry?
Old 04-16-2019, 04:05 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Danish ancestry?
Prince Philip was a prince of Greece and Denmark. But it is a bit farreached, I think.
Old 04-16-2019, 04:20 PM
Serene Highness

Philip is a great-grandson of King Christian IX of Denmark. Queen Elizabeth is a great-great-granddaughter, through her great-grandmother, Queen Alexandra, daughter of Christian IX.

Prince Andrew's full name is Andrew Albert Christian Edward.
Old 04-16-2019, 04:46 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLV View Post
Prince Philip was a prince of Greece and Denmark. But it is a bit farreached, I think.
Yes I know, but he's more German than anything else.
Old 04-16-2019, 04:48 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnel View Post
For a boy, Charles Philip Henry
For a girl, Alexandra Elizabeth Meghan

Meghan will want to make sure she honors Charles so she stays in his good graces for the future. Maybe Elizabeth, too.
Since they don't use names that are in use already, its unlikely that it would be either.. There is Charles and an Alexandra. However a girl will likely have Eliz as a second name.

Closed Thread