The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Guess the sex of Harry and Meghan's first baby!
Boy 55 29.10%
Girl 105 55.56%
Twins - Boy/Boy 3 1.59%
Twins - Boy/Girl 19 10.05%
Twins - Girl/Girl 7 3.70%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2019, 07:28 AM
Royal Highness

I think that the names will be traditional but "in vogue" at present.
Perhaps Emily Diana Elizabeth or Victoria Elizabeth Francis for a girl or Phillip Charles Francis for a boy.

Old 02-18-2019, 09:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda View Post
I think that the names will be traditional but "in vogue" at present.
Perhaps Emily Diana Elizabeth or Victoria Elizabeth Francis for a girl or Phillip Charles Francis for a boy.
I agree!
I don't believe they will venture too far from the traditional (not into Zara territory) because they are working royals.

Though it's possible we will see a name once royal that has not been used in a long time, such as Matilda or Frederick.

Old 02-18-2019, 12:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
From knowing a few "Guys" in my life, I've learned that the pronunciation of that name isn't pronounced Gai but rather Gee. Its a French name. I have no clue how Guy Pelly pronounces his name though. I don't see that happening though.

It could be much, much worse. Michael Phelps, the Olympic swimmer actually gave his firstborn son the name Boomer. Seriously. Boomer Robert Phelps. I feel for the kid. The bright side is that Boomer was named after Phelps coach who he greatly admires.

Then again, H&M could decide to honor Bogart that they had to separate from and call the kid Humphrey. I'd feel sorry for that kid too if they decided on that name.
Well in England its traditionally Gai, like in he is a guy. Like Guy Fawkes

Think Guy might be right up there with Oliver as names to avoid like the plague.

Though the aristocracy has known to go a bit unconventional, there are kids like Wolf out there, I don't think Harry and Meghan will go so far. They will choose IMO something traditional, but names that are still very popular. I think they will go further abroad in the family tree then the Cambridges did.
Old 02-18-2019, 03:48 PM
Nobility

I hear Harry and Meghan are already looking at schools for the little one and that they are considering putting he or her in an American school. Meghan wants the children to be fully aware of their American heritage.
Old 02-18-2019, 03:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

I wouldn't put any stock in that...

LaRae
Old 02-18-2019, 04:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post
I hear Harry and Meghan are already looking at schools for the little one and that they are considering putting he or her in an American school. Meghan wants the children to be fully aware of their American heritage.
They'd only get criticized for putting their child in a school so far away.
But perhaps they'd consider it for university.
Old 02-18-2019, 04:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Not that it makes it any more realistic, but the Rumor has them going to an American school in the UK. Not sending the kids to the US. There is some American school not far from Frogmore which has led to the rumors.

In reality its a IB school, though it does offer an 'American high school diploma' option as well.

This is the school rumors to be looking at:
https://www.acs-schools.com/Who-we-are-egham

https://www.marieclaire.co.uk/news/c...-school-646102

Their kids will learn about their mother's country from her, and from visits. American is a nationality not a culture.

Quote:
It wouldn't be the first time a BRF member had gone to school abroad. Just not for entire schooling.

Charles spent two terms at school in Australia. Andrew spent five months at Lakefield college in Canada.

But then again Harry and Meghan get criticized for doing things other members do all the time.
Old 02-18-2019, 04:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

Right and many cultures within that nationality.

LaRae
Old 02-18-2019, 05:21 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
There are also American schools at home in London; with the ASL in St. John's Wood seeming like the main one on a Google Search. Pupils can choose between studying under the American syllabus or the IB (International Baccalaureate) and the school runs from kindergarten to grade 12.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 02-18-2019, 06:06 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
From knowing a few "Guys" in my life, I've learned that the pronunciation of that name isn't pronounced Gai but rather Gee. Its a French name. I have no clue how Guy Pelly pronounces his name though. I don't see that happening though.

It could be much, much worse. Michael Phelps, the Olympic swimmer actually gave his firstborn son the name Boomer. Seriously. Boomer Robert Phelps. I feel for the kid. The bright side is that Boomer was named after Phelps coach who he greatly admires.

Then again, H&M could decide to honor Bogart that they had to separate from and call the kid Humphrey. I'd feel sorry for that kid too if they decided on that name.
There is hope that the name of Humphrey can be used. There was a previous Prince Humphrey. Humphrey of Lancaster, Duke of Gloucester, was the son of King Henry IV of England.
Old 02-18-2019, 06:49 PM
Royal Highness

Aren't the potential school rumors for the Sussex baby more apt to be discssed in the Harry & Meghan Are Expecting thread? That's where I posted the recently reported speculation before I noticed it being discussed here which is only supposed to be about baby names and godparents.
Old 02-18-2019, 07:16 PM
Heir Apparent

moved my reply re: school in the U.S. to the Expecting thread...
Old 02-18-2019, 10:44 PM
Heir Apparent

The child isn't even born yet....
Old 02-19-2019, 06:00 AM
Commoner

It is possible that for a baby girl Harry and Meghan might look to some of the middle names of past Royals.
Queen Mary was Victoria Mary Augusta Louise Olga Pauline Claudine Agnes
QEQM was Elizabeth Angela Marguarite
The matriarch of the Battenberg/Mountbatten line was Julia Therese Salomia.
While some of these names are well known Royal names, some others like Angela, Julia, Pauline, Therese are very pretty names which re traditionally popular.
Old 02-19-2019, 06:01 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
The child isn't even born yet....
Does not stop endless discussion it seems...….
Old 02-19-2019, 06:48 AM
Majesty

The speculations about the name will last till the baby is born, it's normal.

But it's now less than ten weeks till this moment.
Old 02-19-2019, 06:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carin View Post
It is possible that for a baby girl Harry and Meghan might look to some of the middle names of past Royals.
Queen Mary was Victoria Mary Augusta Louise Olga Pauline Claudine Agnes
QEQM was Elizabeth Angela Marguarite
The matriarch of the Battenberg/Mountbatten line was Julia Therese Salomia.
While some of these names are well known Royal names, some others like Angela, Julia, Pauline, Therese are very pretty names which re traditionally popular.
How about Madison Mary Diana for a girl and Prentice Alexander George for a boy?
Old 02-19-2019, 08:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
How about Madison Mary Diana for a girl and Prentice Alexander George for a boy?
Are you sure Prentice isn’t going to be bullied on the playground? I wouldn’t expect such a preppy name anyways.
Old 02-19-2019, 08:38 AM
Majesty

And Madison will be associated with James Madison, U.S. president and "Father of the Constitution"

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...%29%28c%29.jpg
Old 02-19-2019, 09:33 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Lady Madison Mountbatten-Windsor. Has a nice ring to it. It would also satisfy the "From MM to MM" inscription on the watch that Meghan brought for herself and that she wishes to pass on to her daughter.

Closed Thread