A Potential Wife for Prince Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No faithful Catholic is going to agree to allowing their child to be raised CoE, so if that were to happen they will likely just convert first.

LaRae

No faithful Catholic is going to agree to allowing their child to be raised CoE, so if that were to happen they will likely just convert first.

I'd point you in the direction of CP Maxima for that one. :whistling:

LaRae

I'd point you in the direction of CP Maxima for that one. :whistling:

I'll also direct you to Princess Michael of Kent.

The argument can be done in reverse: no faithful CoE will have their child raised RC. Except it does happen. Sometimes it's about whose faith is stronger or more important to them - the CoE's or the RC's - or even just who feels stronger about the issue of religion. Other times it's a case of "hey, if we raise our kids in your religion they'll get titles and a chance at a throne." There have been many cases of people changing religions or raising their children in a different religion because of a throne, so you can't really say that it would never happen.

I repeat faithful Catholics would not agree. There is a duty required for Catholics to raise their children in their Faith. If you really believe your Faith and are devout/faithful there is no way a Catholic would agree to that.

So anyone who would agree is not faithful/devout. They are merely going thru the motions.

LaRae

I repeat faithful Catholics would not agree. There is a duty required for Catholics to raise their children in their Faith. If you really believe your Faith and are devout/faithful there is no way a Catholic would agree to that.

So anyone who would agree is not faithful/devout. They are merely going thru the motions.

LaRae

Only for Catholics who wish to marry in the Church. I'm Catholic, married outside of the faith, and my children are not raised within the institution of Catholicism. You have no place judging the faith, devotion or motivations of anyone but yourself.

If Harry and any of the Grimaldi grandchildren fell in love, I have the feeling these girls would come to a similar conclusion. You can follow the Catholic faith while rejecting the idea that the Vatican is your governor.

Last edited:

LaRae

Except it has happened.

Religion is a deeply personal thing. No one person is really in a position to say whether or not another person is a faithful RC (or CoE or Protestant or whatever). Princess Michael of Kent may believe very firmly in the RC, she may be faithful and devote. Except when she went to get married (presumably to a man she loved) he was of a different religion and belonged to a family where RCs are legally excluded. So she agreed to raise her children CoE. Does that mean she's less faithful or less devoted? No, it means that she has a difference of opinion. She valued her children's opportunities more and agreed to raise them CoE instead of RC.

You're arguing that it would never happen - but it has. Princess Michael clearly wanted to remain RC, so she didn't convert - and her husband lost his place in the line of succession. But her children were raised CoE and thus have a place in the line of succession. And she's not the only example of someone RC choosing to raise her children in their other parent's religion.

That is an opinion, and not fact. Faith is interpretative and I'm sure God will be just as happy if Maxima's children are raised to believe in him RC or otherwise. God doesn't discriminate.

Except it has happened.

Religion is a deeply personal thing. No one person is really in a position to say whether or not another person is a faithful RC (or CoE or Protestant or whatever). Princess Michael of Kent may believe very firmly in the RC, she may be faithful and devote. Except when she went to get married (presumably to a man she loved) he was of a different religion and belonged to a family where RCs are legally excluded. So she agreed to raise her children CoE. Does that mean she's less faithful or less devoted? No, it means that she has a difference of opinion. She valued her children's opportunities more and agreed to raise them CoE instead of RC.

You're arguing that it would never happen - but it has. Princess Michael clearly wanted to remain RC, so she didn't convert - and her husband lost his place in the line of succession. But her children were raised CoE and thus have a place in the line of succession. And she's not the only example of someone RC choosing to raise her children in their other parent's religion.

MC also managed to have her marriage to Michael blessed by the Cardinal Archbishop of Westminster so it seems at the end of the day that the RC Church did not have that big a problem with it either.
I believe Maxima and WA even had a RC Priest as one of the participants in their wedding ceremony.

Catholics who are faithful/devout are not going to agree. If they do then they do not take their Faith seriously, except that parts they pick and choose to.

Having a marriage blessed is not the same when it comes to the issue of agreeing to raise a child outside the Faith.

LaRae

-------------------------------------------------------------

Back on to the topic of Prince Henry's marriage prospects, I'm going to put my name in the pot. Just because it seems that far reaching. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back on to the topic of Prince Henry's marriage prospects, I'm going to put my name in the pot. Just because it seems that far reaching. :ROFLMAO:

Why not, I think the potential field is pretty wide open. In a couple of years when you finish at Oxford he might be ready for it. You may want to start spending summer vacations at the polo fields to better your chances of meeting him. You could even have your wedding at York Minster like the Duke of Kent did. Having been a regular contributor to these boards you already know the scrutiny you would be living your life under so you would go into the marriage with your eyes wide open.:flowers:

Last edited:

Haha, I was talking to a friend about this thread and mentioned it's name, to which she responded "I am his potential wife." I think you might have some competition Lumutqueen.

Not going to happen, but as a history-fan imo it would be really cool if he'd marry someone from an old british noble family :)

Maybe the dukes of Norfolk or Somerset have eligible daughters :) (how cool would it be if to have Arundel castle in the extended family ;) )

With the Norfolks you again run into the RC wife, CofE children issue and the debate about how devout the potential wife is to her own faith.

it seems that prince's friends prefer to marry dukes's daughter :(

What Duke?

Duke of Wellington's great granddaughters (he's over 90). The nieces of Lady Jane Wellesley. Posted about this a week ago. Good option

Duke of Wellington's great granddaughters (he's over 90). The nieces of Lady Jane Wellesley. Posted about this a week ago. Good option

Ah. I wasn't on the board a week ago and haven't read a lot of the pages for this thread yet (there's a lot!). I had a moment of "there's a few dukes out there still..."

I'm not sure which great granddaughters you're referring to. My knowledge of the current Duke of Wellington is, sadly, lacking, but based on his Wikipedia page I see he has 5 children; Charles (b. 1945), Richard (b. 1949), Jane (b. 1951), and James (b. 1964). Charles has 5 children, born between 1978 and 1990 (and presumably his daughters, Mary Luise (b. 1986) and Charlotte Anne (b. 1990) could be a match for Harry), and 4 grandchildren, born between 2005 and 2010. Richard also has 2 daughters, Davinia and Natasha born in 1977 and 1981, John has a son (b. 1981)and a daughter (Alexandrina Sofia, b. 1983), while James has a daughter born in 1995.

Of the bunch, Mary Luise, Charlotte Anne, Davinia, Natasha, and Alexandrina (the current Duke's granddaughters) are all of an eligible age for Harry (although I'm unaware of whether any are single or not), although I would think the current Duke's great-granddaughters would be a tad young.

thanks Ish - I did mean granddaughters -

That's what I hoped.

Now I want to go through other Dukes/Marquesses/Earls/Viscounts/Baronies/Barons and see what eligible daughters/granddaughters/sisters/etc they have.... This is not making for a productive day.

are you going to send the list to SJP for Harry to read?

:previous: that could be a good idea. Should we start to compose the list?

are you going to send the list to SJP for Harry to read?

Yes! "Dear Prince Harry,

Here is a list of the possibly eligible children of nobles for you to consider marrying."

ok - it wouuld be a shame to let all that hard work go to waste!

Maybe an aristocratic friend of HGD Stephanie whose family dates as far as Stephanie's. If we'd like a traditional matchup.

What do you think about Lady Viola Georgina Grosvenor (20)? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom