A Potential Wife for Prince Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But has Mollie come out and categorically denied it? Not as far as I can see. She's been pretty deliberately vague about the whole thing.

This has all the hallmarks of a publicity stunt for Mollie/The Saturdays and Aspinals. I'd never heard of her before and had never seen any Aspinals handbags until this whole thing was splashed across the Daily Mail. Without the Harry angle do you really think the papers would be writing about one of the girls from a mediocre girl band becoming the 'face' of a niche luxury fashion brand? Of course not.

EIIR said:
But has Mollie come out and categorically denied it? Not as far as I can see. She's been pretty deliberately vague about the whole thing.

This has all the hallmarks of a publicity stunt for Mollie/The Saturdays and Aspinals. I'd never heard of her before and had never seen any Aspinals handbags until this whole thing was splashed across the Daily Mail. Without the Harry angle do you really think the papers would be writing about one of the girls from a mediocre girl band becoming the 'face' of a niche luxury fashion brand? Of course not.

Certainly not. That doesn't mean you can blame it all on Mollie. The bag and the ambassador thing are rumours, Aspinals apparently hired another rumoured girlfriend of Harry's a few months back Florence something, just because she had a whiff connection to Harry. Surely it's them jumping a bit too heavy on the bandwagon. Depending upon your age you may not have heard of The Saturdays. But they're a popular teen girl band who have made quite a few top ten hits, even a few No1s I believe. I don't see why anyone would go out and buy a Saturdays single just because a member was supposedly dating a Prince. I like the band and the only member I knew the name of was Una Healy as she's just had a baby with a welsh rugby player I think.
I believe all royal relationships real or not are never confirmed or denied, with the exception of Miss Jecca.

I believe all royal relationships real or not are never confirmed or denied, with the exception of Miss Jecca.

When you stop and really think about it, I don't think any woman that was in any way seriously in a relationship with Harry would dare to put her name to a commercial venture. IMO that would be a very big no no especially should that woman be aspiring to be a future princess and working royal for the BRF.

When you stop and really think about it, I don't think any woman that was in any way seriously in a relationship with Harry would dare to put her name to a commercial venture. IMO that would be a very big no no especially should that woman be aspiring to be a future princess and working royal for the BRF.

Interesting idea. So a potential (as in aspiring) future princess shouldn't put her name to a commercial venture. This means that she cannot be working for a commercial firm or be running her own business. Any link with a commercial venture is a problem. This could be extended to her parents, siblings, etc. Look at the problems faced by the Middletons.

This is why it is so so hard for Prince Harry to start and develop a relationship. And the older he gets it will become more difficult because there is very little chance that his future wife will have no commercial links. A case in point is Sophie Wessex who was running her own business when she met Prince Edward.

So that leaves women who have never worked and have a wealthy background or perhaps professionals such as doctors/nurses. Maybe even foreign royalty - but when would he meet them?

And what family would want the media crawling all over their family history/background and financial status anyway! No privacy at all.

It's not going to be easy for him.

cepe said:
Interesting idea. So a potential (as in aspiring) future princess shouldn't put her name to a commercial venture. This means that she cannot be working for a commercial firm or be running her own business. Any link with a commercial venture is a problem. This could be extended to her parents, siblings, etc. Look at the problems faced by the Middletons.

This is why it is so so hard for Prince Harry to start and develop a relationship. And the older he gets it will become more difficult because there is very little chance that his future wife will have no commercial links. A case in point is Sophie Wessex who was running her own business when she met Prince Edward.

So that leaves women who have never worked and have a wealthy background or perhaps professionals such as doctors/nurses. Maybe even foreign royalty - but when would he meet them?

And what family would want the media crawling all over their family history/background and financial status anyway! No privacy at all.

It's not going to be easy for him.

Perfect answer. Catherine would have been out, as would Sophie, even Diana as she worked for a nursery.

Chelsy was potentially one of the worst candidates Harry could have married, particularly because of her fathers rumoured connections. A woman who has a bag named after her and becomes an ambassador for a global company is a good thing in my view. However Aspinals have seemingly chosen Miss King because of her attachment to Harry or announced it at a really bad time.

Actually, I think that’s too simple. I believe a future wife for Harry would be able to have a job, it’s just that the success of her job should not depend on her association with the BRF. It should be an „anonymous” job so to speak and not one in the public...

Elenath said:
Actually, I think that’s too simple. I believe a future wife for Harry would be able to have a job, it’s just that the success of her job should not depend on her association with the BRF. It should be an „anonymous” job so to speak and not one in the public...

Oh yes. Despite when she marries she'll have to give it up.
Mollie King can not put the success of her band down to PH, nor can Chelsy put her law degree down to him either.

I really think it is that simple which is the problem. As soon as anyone becomes a serious candidate (if I can put it that way) she will have to stop commercial work. Any new business, increased profit etc will be linked to the BRF. No escaping that at all.

If she is a cross between Mother Teresa and Florence Nightingale then she just might be able to carry on working - oh yes, and an orphan with absolutely no wider family. :flowers:

Last edited:
Certainly not. That doesn't mean you can blame it all on Mollie. The bag and the ambassador thing are rumours, Aspinals apparently hired another rumoured girlfriend of Harry's a few months back Florence something, just because she had a whiff connection to Harry. Surely it's them jumping a bit too heavy on the bandwagon. Depending upon your age you may not have heard of The Saturdays. But they're a popular teen girl band who have made quite a few top ten hits, even a few No1s I believe. I don't see why anyone would go out and buy a Saturdays single just because a member was supposedly dating a Prince. I like the band and the only member I knew the name of was Una Healy as she's just had a baby with a welsh rugby player I think.

Had she categorically denied it, I would be minded to believe there was truth in it. She'd be wanting to protect her and Harry's privacy for as long as possible. The fact that she hasn't, to me seems to suggest she and Aspinal are quite happy for the articles to keep popping up speculating about it all.

I'm 27 so I know who The Saturdays are, although I probably wouldn't recognise any of them if I passed them in the street, until now. Fact is, they haven't had any new material out for a while now and they've had some Top Tens, but they're not at JLS levels. Maybe Mollie's interested in diversifying her career into TV presenting, or modelling or even a solo career. All this attention is giving her exactly what she needs - vastly increased name recognition. That name recognition, along with being linked to loveable Harry, is a good way of earning yourself some more lucrative endorsements as well.

Any publicity is good publicity - except maybe if you're Pippa Middleton this week.

EIIR said:
Had she categorically denied it, I would be minded to believe there was truth in it. She'd be wanting to protect her and Harry's privacy for as long as possible. The fact that she hasn't, to me seems to suggest she and Aspinal are quite happy for the articles to keep popping up speculating about it all.

I'm 27 so I know who The Saturdays are, although I probably wouldn't recognise any of them if I passed them in the street, until now. Fact is, they haven't had any new material out for a while now and they've had some Top Tens, but they're not at JLS levels. Maybe Mollie's interested in diversifying her career into TV presenting, or modelling or even a solo career. All this attention is giving her exactly what she needs - vastly increased name recognition. That name recognition, along with being linked to loveable Harry, is a good way of earning yourself some more lucrative endorsements as well.

Any publicity is good publicity - except maybe if you're Pippa Middleton this week.

Why has this woman got any allegiance to Harry's privacy? The apparently met once in Guy's nightclub. This whole thing started with a rumour so what's privacy got to do with it?
A lovely saying brought by Miss Maggie in Downton Abbey was "to just deny these things adds fuel to the fire". Aspinals have started rumours for this ambassador thing, creating publicity for them, we don't know of Mollie's got anything to actually do with the company as the DM has kindly not printed such a story yet. As for The Saturdays releasing new stuff, one of their band members has just had a baby. Sort of hard to record songs as a group when a band mate is looking after a month old baby. There's also over in the USA filming a television show. Ironically, one of Mollie's band mates is dating a gentleman from JLS. Despite this, they have just released a new single which is so far in the Top 20. Lucrative endorsements? Didn't you say you had never heard of Aspinals before this article? Hardly lucrative if they're unknown.

If she was dating Harry she'd want to protect the relationship by keeping it under the radar as much as possible, at least until it was more serious. Harry values his privacy almost as much as William does, and wouldn't accept his girlfriend talking about it in public.

So, The Saturdays have a new single out and a TV series coming out? That supports the view that this is a publicity stunt even further. One of them's in Hello magazine presenting her baby and the other is letting everyone think she's dating Prince Harry. Surely it's not pure coincidence that these rumours started to appear now.

Of course Aspinals aren't unknown, my point was I'd never seen one of their handbags, not that I'd never heard of them. As Mollie's name recognition increases with more and more speculative articles, the endorsements will become more lucrative. No one gets endorsements if you have no name recognition, but when you're in the Daily Mail everyday and the most eligible man in the country is apparently smitten with you, it certainly helps massively.

EIIR said:
If she was dating Harry she'd want to protect the relationship by keeping it under the radar as much as possible, at least until it was more serious. Harry values his privacy almost as much as William does, and wouldn't accept his girlfriend talking about it in public.

So, The Saturdays have a new single out and a TV series coming out? That supports the view that this is a publicity stunt even further. One of them's in Hello magazine presenting her baby and the other is letting everyone think she's dating Prince Harry. Surely it's not pure coincidence that these rumours started to appear now.

Of course Aspinals aren't unknown, my point was I'd never seen one of their handbags, not that I'd never heard of them. As Mollie's name recognition increases with more and more speculative articles, the endorsements will become more lucrative. No one gets endorsements if you have no name recognition, but when you're in the Daily Mail everyday and the most eligible man in the country is apparently smitten with you, it certainly helps massively.

Hang on - so you're basically saying Mollie and her band mates have orchestrated these rumours and having a baby at the right time just to promote their new single and show?
Utterly ridiculous. Their show by the way has been in production since last year, their single came out before the rumours and is doing very well on it's own, as for the baby well don't get me started.

Every time Harry is rumoured to be dating someone, whatever happens after, whatever hits the papers is all the girls fault. If Harry wasn't in a relationship he could deny it, he could tell the press to stop printing the stories etc. but maybe the "likeable" Harry shouldn't have to do that as it's the girls job to keep her self away, even if they aren't dating. Mollie met Prince Harry at a nightclub that we know is true, whatever else has come after that is pure rumour.

:previous:
You clearly have a set (and possibly 100% accurate) viewpoint of the situation.
I happen to disagree with you, as do some other members here; as far as I can see, the whole thing looks like a PR stunt on part of an actress who was virtually unknown (certainly outside of the UK) until news of her "relationship" with Prince Harry surfaced. You don't agree with that which is your right; however, I'll stick to my opinion all the same. Without solid facts - which we are highly unlikely to ever get - all we have is guesswork.

Strong views being aired and that's a good thing.

However, it is coming back to the fact to the view that says relationship with royal by person with commercial interests (singer, lawyer, business owner, model, etc) may be seen as self promotion (or family promotion).

All this is reinforcing my previously stated viewpoint. How the heck is he supposed to have any relationship at all?

All this is reinforcing my previously stated viewpoint. How the heck is he supposed to have any relationship at all?
Well, generations of royals have managed it somehow, so presumably Harry will find a "suitable" candidate one of these days. It's not as though he's the sole Heir or in his 60's - he's got plenty of time to search for the right woman for him. It's not going to be easy - not with the overexposure royals suffer from nowadays - but Harry shouldn't have much trouble: he's handsome, funny and attractive enough to attract young ladies on his own merit. :)

But has been said earlier on this thread, no family have had the level of intrusion that the Middletons have faced. And the British media do not back off.

I wish him a happy marriage and children because I think that is what he wants. But I do agree with what he said in his interview - it's very, very difficult.

In a few years when William & Catherine are full time working royals and likely have a child or 2 the attention on Harry will diminish a bit. He is only 27 so there is no need for a great rush to the altar.

But has been said earlier on this thread, no family have had the level of intrusion that the Middletons have faced. And the British media do not back off.

I wish him a happy marriage and children because I think that is what he wants. But I do agree with what he said in his interview - it's very, very difficult.
It's certainly not easy. However, Harry's future wife (and her family) are unlikely to face the same levels of scrutiny as Kate's. Kate's family will be the immediate family of the future King or Queen of the UK: such attention was pretty much inevitable in the times when newspapers seem to have forgotten the meaning of the world "private". However, once William and Kate have children, the attention will shift to them and Harry will have a bit of breathing space.
He's quite young now, so there is no need to rush things.

In a few years when William & Catherine are full time working royals and likely have a child or 2 the attention on Harry will diminish a bit. He is only 27 so there is no need for a great rush to the altar.

I really hope that what you say and also Artemisia's views are correct. However, it didn't happen for Prince Andrew, Prince Edward or, for that matter, Princess Margaret.

Mollie King isn't an actress. It's a shame that people believe this is all a PR stunt, it reveals more about the people posting than the people they're talking about.

Mollie is a popstar who tried out for the X factor and is in an all girl band who are all out promoting themselves. This isn't brain surgery it's the world's oldest PR trick. She won't deny it because she is loving the publicity even her people have admitted that. There are no pictures of the two together and even in the best stories they have met each other twice! Mollie could just say it isn't true and laugh it off instead she is playing coy and lapping it all up. Now she is getting endorsements which will no doubt include Prince Harry's name. If it was serious it would have kept quiet instead we have a girl who really needs this attention for her career, if Harry was interested in her he wouldn't be now! He could marry someone with a career as long as they aren't seen to profit from the relationship or use the RF for their own gain. There are plenty of girls who would happily keep things quiet and not make money out of it. I seem to remember Harry and a certain model only a few months ago it reeked of a PR stunt to but at least there was a picture of the two together! The girl is a popstar whose entire career is about PR it's how they get attention and promote their music. Her band name has been mentioned in every article on her, people have been looking her up and checking out her music. If we see some pictures of her and Harry actually out on a date and they stay together for sometime then maybe people would think otherwise. But so far we have 2 meetings over a couple of years and her friends saying they fancy each other and her making money and getting more attention then she could dream off. What makes you think it isn't a PR stunt? In a couple of weeks it will all die down and she or Harry will be linked to someone else. It's possible Harry is seeing someone and is loving this diversion....

more importantly which Dukedom will he get?

Clarence, Sussex, Cleveland, Dorset, Kendal or Newcastle

Earl of Kinnerton said:
more importantly which Dukedom will he get?

Clarence, Sussex, Cleveland, Dorset, Kendal or Newcastle

There is a separate thread that discusses his future title.

Last edited:
The tabloid press are still full of rumours that Prince Harry and Molly King are dating:
Daily Star: Simply The Best 7 Days A Week :: News :: WHEN HARRY MET MOLLIE
However, the Daily Star is usually full of rubbish, so I would take this article with a very big pinch of salt ;)

If they are actually dating, then good luck to them. But I am personally very sceptical. If Molly really did love Harry then would she really be taking up these publicity deals/contracts with Aspinals of London when it seems obvious that she is only being offered them because of her contact with Harry.

I just hope, for 'the Saturdays' sake as well as her own, that this isn't going to be another Victoria Adams (Posh Spice) / Cheryl Tweedy case where they end up becoming more famous in their own right just because they have married someone famous (in their cases, footballers).

Molly denied they are dating.
All we know that they have met only twice - and absolutely no indication whatsoever they started dating whatsoever. Unlike William, Harry has never really been shy of displaying his feelings in public, so if they were dating, I'm sure we'd have had a snap or two of the "couple" together. Plus, all the publicity contracts Miss King has recently taken - no even remotely serious girlfriend of a Prince would do that.

Of course, the DM can spin the story to make it appear they are dating:
Prince Harry and Mollie King's secret London dates and their pact to keep their 'relationship' under wraps
Prince Harry and The Saturdays star Mollie King are dating - but the royal is terrified a media frenzy could ruin their relationship. Both have agreed to keep their relationship secret and will only meet up behind closed doors for secret dates. Last night the pair were said to be together at a mutual friends house in London.

Last edited:
he is still young and i think he just want to get the right girl first. i remember seeing a show on tlc when the guy said whoever harry marries will be diffrent, and i agree its no telling what the girl will be like because he had been linked to so many diffrent ones lol

Well, generations of royals have managed it somehow, so presumably Harry will find a "suitable" candidate one of these days. It's not as though he's the sole Heir or in his 60's - he's got plenty of time to search for the right woman for him. It's not going to be easy - not with the overexposure royals suffer from nowadays - but Harry shouldn't have much trouble: he's handsome, funny and attractive enough to attract young ladies on his own merit. :)

two generations back, suitable girls didn't had jobs or career or a live outside their family ...

and yes even then it was thought and written and talked about, that the family of a girl marrying a royal would further the outlook of their family :whistling: .

With media scrutiny nowadays and women having a career, it's getting more difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom