What title would Marie Cavallier get?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you Myriam, she will be HRH Princess Marie of Denmark. Queen Magrethe was very kind and generous to Alexandra by giving her a personal title and I don't believe she will not give Marie the princess' title.

Actually, when Alexandra married Joachim and got the title of a princess nobody thought that she was needed or celebrated her as a possible future queen. Frederik was not 30 then and people expected him to marry. A few years later, especially after the birth of Nikolai, some warmed up with the idea of Alexandra as a future queen. But at the time of her wedding Alexandra got the title because it was the title of her husband to be.
And so will Marie if she ever marries Joachim. It would be strange to "punish" Marie for something Alexandra did (walking in and out and cashing in on benefits).
I am puzzled how you can judge so easily that noone in Denmark thought she was needed and celebrated as a possibly future queen when they were married ??

As I recall it, back then many people weren't even sure about Crown Prince Frederik sexuality, (his numerous girl friends and unability to bond with one woman created doubts in that direction), plus his teenage story with suicide thoughts made Joachim look more like an eligable King for the future.

Granting Marie a title like Duchess of Schackenborg is not punishing her.

It's accepting things as they are.

Marie's possible future kids will be queing up from currently no# 7 on the throne list. Her services as a royal princess (~ a womb) aren't exactly needed. And I can't see that there are many patronages that are eagerly waiting for yet another princess to emerge.

Which are the main reasons why we need and want royals.

Besides, Prince Joachim is running his Schackenborg as a business these days. By now he's realised and knows it's not his destiny to take over after his mother.

If Queen Margrethe allows princes and princesses to keep spreading all over the country, as an institution it will lose people's respect.

For the future it's much better to keep a narrow royal family like in Norway.

There've been cases where men married their brother's widows... As for Marie, it's her problem how to deal with this look-a-likeness.
I think the royal boys in Denmark have proven rather clearly that they don't marry for political reasons as royals did in the past.

Madama Royal > Yes, that was my thinking.

Heike > I also think the title should'nt matter for Marie.

I am puzzled how you can judge so easily that noone in Denmark thought she was needed and celebrated as a possibly future queen when they were married ??

It's accepting things as they are.
And I was puzzled how you could judge so easily that Alexandra was celebrated and needed as a future queen.
As I recall it the media did not speak of a possible future queen at the time of Alexandra's wedding and during her first year in DK, they were just delighted to have a young and pretty princess they could write about.

As a matter of fact Joachim is a prince. In thinking that Marie will become a princess if she marries him I'm accepting things as they are, although I too don't think that there is an urgent need for another princess in DK.

For strategic reasons it could be a disadvantage for Marie that she looks similar to Mary and almost has the same name. I think to work hand in hand within the royal family every member has to have a certain unique profile. Marie profile is a bit too near to Marys. This could create a certain rivalry and in some tabloids it already does. Nowadays strategy is still a very important issue in royalty.
Remember: Mary and Frederik were allowed to get married for a lot of reasons, one important reason was that Joachims and Alexandas marriage was over and it was time for a heartwarming royal event that could compensate this sad reality.

Unless you are Margrethe and Henri's new intimate bosom buddy to whom they reveal all the families' innermost thoughts and secrets, I think you can skip the 'Remember:' part. There is nothing there to remember, just your speculation.

By the way, Marie and Mary are distinctly different names when pronounced in Danish so there is no need to try to cultivate problems on that account. The name Marie doesn't give rise to any problems with regard to the name Margrethe either.....

Unless you are Margrethe and Henri's new intimate bosom buddy to whom they reveal all the families' innermost thoughts and secrets, I think you can skip the 'Remember:' part. There is nothing there to remember, just your speculation.

By the way, Marie and Mary are distinctly different names when pronounced in Danish so there is no need to try to cultivate problems on that account. The name Marie doesn't give rise to any problems with regard to the name Margrethe either.....

....or Henrik for that sake:ROFLMAO:

And I was puzzled how you could judge so easily that Alexandra was celebrated and needed as a future queen.
As I recall it the media did not speak of a possible future queen at the time of Alexandra's wedding and during her first year in DK, they were just delighted to have a young and pretty princess they could write about.

Agree!
Joachim was only 24 when he met Alexandra and Frederik 25. Frederik was 32 when he met Mary. Even 32 isn't an age for a male to become desperate because he still isn't married. Much better to think twice before jumping into a marriage and than not being able to stick to it.

Yes for a certain time his brother was seen as the somewhat more suitable for the position as heir. Nonetheless Frederik has turned the wheel in the meantime. Besides nobody knows if the Danes really whould have changed the princes if they could have done it. To think that one is more suitable and to change them are two total different things. Afterall at least to me it looks like the Danes allways had a very soft spot for Frederik regardless his faults and weaknesses.

The alleged needed future queen Alexandra is nothing more than wishfull and rather silly thinking of some of her desperate fans. No wonder they still hate Mary from the bottom of their hearts.

Marie (or any other woman) will become a princess if she marries Joachim as it should be. There is no reason to punish her for things that are total out of her control. Though I'm afraid Marie (or any other woman) will never be treated so generously by the state as Alexandra. Marie can work incredible hard and successful, the danish state won't provide another wife of Joachims a lifelong apanage of her own.

i hope she gets the HRH princess marie as a title, i'm quite certain she will. i don't know however if the queen will decide to give her a lower status than to alexandra or mary because of being a second wife? i still don't think so, but you never know.

Agree!
Joachim was only 24 when he met Alexandra and Frederik 25. Frederik was 32 when he met Mary. Even 32 isn't an age for a male to become desperate because he still isn't married. Much better to think twice before jumping into a marriage and than not being able to stick to it.

Yes for a certain time his brother was seen as the somewhat more suitable for the position as heir. Nonetheless Frederik has turned the wheel in the meantime. Besides nobody knows if the Danes really whould have changed the princes if they could have done it. To think that one is more suitable and to change them are two total different things. Afterall at least to me it looks like the Danes allways had a very soft spot for Frederik regardless his faults and weaknesses.

The alleged needed future queen Alexandra is nothing more than wishfull and rather silly thinking of some of her desperate fans. No wonder they still hate Mary from the bottom of their hearts.

Marie (or any other woman) will become a princess if she marries Joachim as it should be. There is no reason to punish her for things that are total out of her control. Though I'm afraid Marie (or any other woman) will never be treated so generously by the state as Alexandra. Marie can work incredible hard and successful, the danish state won't provide another wife of Joachims a lifelong apanage of her own.

Why many people consider it a "punishment" for Marie if she doesn´t get the princess title?
Maybe Marie doesn´t care at all which title she would get!

Last edited:

I think I have to contact Marys Anti-Bullying project if this goes on...;)

Last edited by a moderator:
For strategic reasons it could be a disadvantage for Marie that she looks similar to Mary and almost has the same name. I think to work hand in hand within the royal family every member has to have a certain unique profile. Marie profile is a bit too near to Marys. This could create a certain rivalry and in some tabloids it already does. Nowadays strategy is still a very important issue in royalty.
Remember: Mary and Frederik were allowed to get married for a lot of reasons, one important reason was that Joachims and Alexandas marriage was over and it was time for a heartwarming royal event that could compensate this sad reality.

i totally agree that strategy is an important part of royalty as well and i also mentioned my concern about mary and marie's resemblance (not only in names, but also physical).

we will never know, but it may actually be true that the marriage was a strategic response to something sad happening in a short time.

Agree!

I am merely referring to how things looked in some people's (may be not all) back in 1995.

I am by no means a fan of Mrs. Jørgensen, former princess of Denmark.

It's not a question of the Danes choosing between the brothers but there were doubts whether Frederik, for whatever personal reason, wanted to live within the royal life at all.

If marrying, I think the suitable thing to do is for prince Joachim to step down and become a duke or count of his Schackenborg.

I guess now we can answer the question?
I am glad that she will be a princess.

Well Prince Joaquim is intitle by family to be called Prince and his first wife had also the change to be called Princess but in my opinion second marriages should be treated in a different way. Monarchy is very oldfashion when it is convenient sometimes but many times like this one I think the Queen should't allow Marie to became again a Princess, but she decided like this so...

Well, since this subject has been settled today, I think that it is time to close this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom