Possible names and godparents for Joachim & Marie's baby

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Possible names for a girl

louise
amélie
jeanne
sophie
constance
agathe
éléonore
joséphine
clémence
adélaïde
diane
pauline
anne-sophie
mélanie
mathilde

Possible names for a boy

louis
pierre
alexandre
françois
arnaud
clément
philippe
guillaume
laurent
alexis
vincent
charles
pascal
maxime
roland

What do you guys think are the chances of them including Renee in the name?

Is the name 'Renee' in either of their families? It can be used for both a boy or a girl. One of my names is Renee, so I am naturally partial to it. I would love for them to use this name, but I have a feeling that they will use names that are in their families already (maybe this is a family name).

Is the name 'Renee' in either of their families? It can be used for both a boy or a girl. One of my names is Renee, so I am naturally partial to it. I would love for them to use this name, but I have a feeling that they will use names that are in their families already (maybe this is a family name).

The name Renée is from Prince Joachims french grandmother Countess Renée de Monpezat (his farthers mother)

Ok new from me:
Audrey,
Margaret (I think that I mention it before)
Florian
Henri

Desiree Elisabeth Catherine Marie or Georg Bertold Alain Ludwig

I would like to see the names Henri and Alain for the baby. It would be a lovely way to honor the grandfathers.

I think the prince's first name will be something that Joachim and Marie both like. His middle names will definitely have some familial significance. We'll have to wait about three months to find out!

Joe's kids names:
Nikolai William Alexander Frederik
Felix Christian Waldemar Henrik (or another order)

but the paternal grandfather has already been used as well as the king names Frederik and Christian so in the new baby's name there will definately be a presence of:

Maternal grandfather Alain and father Joachim. ( I think it will be middle names )

For first names I think they will choose a completely normal, unconventional, modern name:
I'm thinking:

LUCAS, NOAH, VICTOR, OLIVER, SEBASTIAN. + middlenames which I could imagine being Joachim, Alain and either André/Albert/Carl.
I don't think they will choose Alexandre as first name because their best friends (Oscar and Britt Siebye) have a son called Alexandre and they won't choose it as middle name because Nikolai already has it as his middle name

Mayrius Henrik Alain Joachim
I thought of Marius too BUT in Norway there already is a prince with that name ...

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing we can be fairly sure of is that one of the middle names will be Frederik or Christian, probably Frederik since Christian was used for Felix - in this way they keep up the tradition of having one of the two traditional male royal names - just in case.

I cannot imagine that they would name him Alexander either. T0o close to the ex-wife's name - who'd want that?

The only thing we can be fairly sure of is that one of the middle names will be Frederik or Christian, probably Frederik since Christian was used for Felix - in this way they keep up the tradition of having one of the two traditional male royal names - just in case.

I cannot imagine that they would name him Alexander either. T0o close to the ex-wife's name - who'd want that?

I didn't even think of that UserDane but you are completely right about Alex.
--> but frederik was also used for Nikolai. just as Christian was used for Felix which is why I personnaly don't believe those names will be used.

I--> but frederik was also used for Nikolai. just as Christian was used for Felix which is why I personnaly don't believe those names will be used.
I know - but I am almost willing to bet ;) that they will use one of the two, probably Frederik. It doesn't matter that it has been used for Nikolai - one of these two names is just always included.
Valdemar (Waldemar) is another often used male name. Joachim, Felix and Christian all have it.

I know - but I am almost willing to bet ;) that they will use one of the two, probably Frederik. It doesn't matter that it has been used for Nikolai - one of these two names is just always included.
Valdemar (Waldemar) is another often used male name. Joachim, Felix and Christian all have it.

i also think so userdane. i think that frederik will be in the name, the first name will be rather unpredictable (like felix) and that there will be a name in relation to marie's family (what are the names of marie's grandparents?)

nikolai and felix's respective christenings were 2 months after the birth (however, a bit longer for both christian and isabella). i think the christening should be in two months time (beginning of july) for the new prince following tradition.

Last edited:
Noah Allain Joachim Wictor

Nikolai William Alexander Frederik
Felix Christian Waldemar Henrik

As I see it, Nikolai and Felix both have first names that are very much their parents own style. William and Waldemar are the "W-names", Alexander and Henrik (Alexander after Alexandra maybe?) the "honouring names" and Frederik and Christian the "Have-to-names." Nikolai Has his W-name in the second spot, Felix in the third. Nikolai his honouring-name in the third spot, Felix in the fourth. Nikolai his Royal name in the fourth spot, Felix in the second.

If we say they decide to go with, let's say, Joachim, instead of Frederik and Christian, since they are already used, they honour Alain (Or Allan), and the W-name could be Wictor for example. And, the different name-types should have different places than in his brothers names, then, he should be called **** Allain Joachim Wictor.

Of course, they probably haven't thought of that.

I think Noah is a very good bet, since it's popular in France AND Denmark, and it goes VERY well with Nikolai and Felix. :-D

Uhh, apparently his name is Felix Henrik Valdemar Christian, but then the baby's name could just be Noah Alain Joachim Victor. :-D

Felix is Felix Henrik Vlademar Christian.
Nikolia is Nikolai William Alexander Frederik.

Neither names include Joachim so...

Boy
Henri Joachim Edouard Alain.

Girl
Renée Marie Françoise Henriette.

x

Godparents for the little prince

My suggestions are:

HRH Crownprincess Mary of Denmark,
Charles Cavallier
HH Prince Gustav of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg
Grevinde Mette Ahlefeldt-Laurvig
one friend of Joachim and Marie

What are your suggestions?

Do you think there will be a double christening for the little prince and HRH Prince Aristidis-Stavros of Greece and Denmark?

Haha, remember it's only a boy now. :-D

Prince Albert would just be horrible. Poor boy. It's an intimate piercing. :-D

I would like to see a really Nordic first name for the little guy - Roar - or even Balder from the Nordic mythology. I also like Sixten though it is fairly rare Danish, but more common in Swedish I think.

-Mary
-Two of her brothers, one from Mom's side, one from dad's side
-Britt or Oscar Siebye

Crownprincess Mary
Oscar Sisbye
Two of Marie's brothers
Carina Axelson

Roar would be cute. :-D I think they are going for something more international though. :-D

Crown Princess Mary,
Princess Teodora of Greece and Denmark
One of Marie's brothers
Prince Gustav (son of Princess Benedicte)

Frederik is Nikolai's a godfather so I don't think that he will be godfather again.
I think that Mary will be one of the godparents.
From DRF a godparents can be:
princes Gustav, Alexandra, Nathalie zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg;
princes Alexia, Paul, Nikolaos, Theodora and Philippos of Greece

From Marie's family probably one of her siblings.

I guess Crown princess Mary and one Marie's brothers .
Then friends of them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom