Prince Frederik and Princess Mary's Visit to Germany: February 17-18, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mary seems to be warm and kind with people...she`s doing a great job as Crown Princess of Denmark...and its very clear that she and Frederik have a great feeling for each other...:eek:

I don't particuarly care for this look with the blouse tail hanging out beneath the jacket. It looks unkept and unprofessional to me. I know that a camisole or a button-up shirt that is worn underneath a sweater that is longer than the sweater is stylish now, and I think that's fine if you're a woman in your twenties, a celebrity, or even if Mary had worn this look out to dinner with Frederik or friends, but I don't particularly care for it on a royal duty, especially when she's visiting another country.

from ANP without watermark

Denmark's Crown Princess Mary (R) and Crown Prince Frederik visit the historical building of the 'Sparkasse' bank in Kiel, Germany, Saturday 18 February 2006. The Danish royal couple visits the German state of Schleswig-Holstein during the second day of their visit to Germany.

Last edited:
Thanks all for the beautiful pictures. I like her suit- very elegant and chic. The blouse inside give a softening effect like frills at the edges making the suit less monotonous and less boring. Suitable for this event and looked very comfortable. Both CP Fred and CPs Mary looked fabulous as usual. :)

Last edited:
from ANP
Denmark's Crown Princess Mary waves as she visits the Klosterschule shool 17 February 2006 in Hamburg, northern Germany. The royal couple is on a two day visit in the Hanseatic city and in the northern federal state of Schleswig-Holstein.

Mary does have beautiful skin and hair. I like her natural ivory skin and her dark hair. Is it just me or does mary have weird bone structure. Its not bad weird but different. When she had her hair up in a bun on the first day you could really see that it didnt suit her face or bone structure.

let's put some unwatermarked from DPA

Day 2, visit to historical Sparkasse Bank

Day 2 from DPA, visit to Kunsthalle Art Museum in Kiel

Day 2 from DPA, visit to Kunsthalle Art Museum in Kiel

Day 2 from DPA, visit to Schloss Gottorf

Last edited by a moderator:
Day 1 from dpa, from the gala dinner

more from the gala dinner (from DPA)

still from the gala dinner (from DPA)

Last edited by a moderator:
her face has gotten some roundness from before, she did look like she gained weight, that's great!!!! :) motherhood really really suits her. she is even more beautiful now than when she just got married. and she looks so fresh all the time! her skin is really to die for WOw!

Alexandria said:
I don't particuarly care for this look with the blouse tail hanging out beneath the jacket. It looks unkept and unprofessional to me. I know that a camisole or a button-up shirt that is worn underneath a sweater that is longer than the sweater is stylish now, and I think that's fine if you're a woman in your twenties, a celebrity, or even if Mary had worn this look out to dinner with Frederik or friends, but I don't particularly care for it on a royal duty, especially when she's visiting another country.

I absolutely agree with you, Alexandria. sometimes Mary gives me the impression that she chooses her outfits on a whim, without much planning... hence the "unprofessional" feeling she conveys. It's even more unnerving when she seems to care little about having a different wardrobe for her official engagements and private outings... if I'm not mistaken, she wore this same outfit not long ago during a hunt!

Dirty hair

IMO the photos showing their arrival in Germany, to me it looks like Mary has not washed her hair for a few days and because it looked oily, she thought she better try something different. It looks like the kind of hair a 50 year old woman would have, it has no style especially the thick hair over the front of the face. I don't think she is pretty or attractive, her face is very arrogant.

Several posts discussing the duties of the Danish Royal Family have been moved to this thread. If anyone wishes to convey their objections over this move he/she may do so via private message to any member of the Danish Moderating Team. This thread is reserved for Frederik's & Mary's Visit to Germany.

Mandy
Danish Forum Moderator

Laura said:
I absolutely agree with you, Alexandria. sometimes Mary gives me the impression that she chooses her outfits on a whim, without much planning... hence the "unprofessional" feeling she conveys. It's even more unnerving when she seems to care little about having a different wardrobe for her official engagements and private outings... if I'm not mistaken, she wore this same outfit not long ago during a hunt!

While I think Mary's look could have definitely been more polished with a shirt tucked in etc. It's not really fair that "she seems to care little about having a different wardrobe for her official engagements and private outings." Many people on these forums tend to complain that Mary is a clothes horse and only buys high-end designers. Many pieces of clothing are very versatile and depend on other parts of your outfit. Besides, many other princesses have recycled outfits from their official and private outings. Personally, I've seen Mary do better and worse. She's a new mother; I don't think she's really fretting whether she's copying an outfit again. (Just my opinion):rolleyes: :)

Mary looks wonderful and all but are any of the clothes she wore in germany from danish designers and is her new necklace an heirloom? Thanks. this the best place to see the most comprehensive pictures of Mary.

soCal girl said:
While I think Mary's look could have definitely been more polished with a shirt tucked in etc. It's not really fair that "she seems to care little about having a different wardrobe for her official engagements and private outings." Many people on these forums tend to complain that Mary is a clothes horse and only buys high-end designers. Many pieces of clothing are very versatile and depend on other parts of your outfit. Besides, many other princesses have recycled outfits from their official and private outings. Personally, I've seen Mary do better and worse. She's a new mother; I don't think she's really fretting whether she's copying an outfit again. (Just my opinion):rolleyes: :)

While agree with poster who said that the updo that she wore on her first engagement in Germany was unflattering and that Mary unpolished in several instances, I don't think that Mary doesn't care. It's not as if she showed up with a dirty face and dirty fingernails.

On a more positive note, I really loved the silver jewelry. It is a welcome change from the usual stones that we see on royal ladies. Not a diamond, emerald or ruby in site, but still beautiful in my opinion.

I think I'm one the the few who actually likes the knitted skirt... It is something I would wear....pretty and simple

Thi said:
I think I'm one the the few who actually likes the knitted skirt... It is something I would wear....pretty and simple

I am another one to like the outfit very much. I would love to have the figure to wear something like that. Ah well.............. :) :) :)

Scott

Mary looks in that black dress very, very, very good!

I think Mary looks very, very good on this trip. Forget about the hairdo and jewellery etc....it´s her happy smile that´s the best outfit/decoration.
And tha´t´s saying a lot; I´m not a regular Mary fan :)

Tinika said:
Mary looks great. I'd give anything to be able to afford her dermatologist and stylist!
her stylist should certailnly be awarded but about her skin...mmmm maybe this is what looks nice in west but we, eastern women, dont have as much wrinkles as western women,my mom who is 50 has less wrinkles than CP Mary.

hi! i am now posting for the first time. i really have to say, that i totally admire the crown princess. i did not like her so much in the beginning. but until now, she is the fashion queen. and she and frederik seem to have a quite good relation.

michi04 said:
hi! i am now posting for the first time. i really have to say, that i totally admire the crown princess. i did not like her so much in the beginning. but until now, she is the fashion queen. and she and frederik seem to have a quite good relation.
Hi michi04, welcome to the royal forums! I had exactly the same feeling about Mary, but she's starting to grow on me. And she might as well end up as one of my favourite royals if she can keep up the good work.

Btw, thanks for all the pictures, all! It really was a 'black' week for Mary! (Which is great, because I think she looks fantastic in it and it really suits the time of year and the weather conditions during the trip, which might as well have been the same as over here in Holland... not too good :()

AnaM said:
I'm always amazed at CP Mary's ability to always look at ease in her surroundings but today she looked a bit stiff and nervous. It was especially obvious in the video clip. Does anyone else think so?

No, I don't think so at all.
I don't see her often on TV while actually being able to understand what is going on.:)
Apart from the wedding and the baptism where she seemed to be - understandably - nervous the only occasions I saw her "in royal action" were the two trips to Germany.
If I compare this trip with the trip to Berlin in 2004 I must say Mary has improved greatly.
In Berlin she looked pretty but a bit like a fashion model. I thought she was quite reserved, did not talk much with the HCA ambassadors or the mayor and was obviously not much at ease (at least in the parts of the visit I could see on TV). Frederik was the charming part of this couple at that time.

In my eyes Mary was much more at ease this time, charming, very friendly, warm and actually quite natural, and smiling happily most of the time. She really gave the impression she enjoyed the visit and meeting the people although - or perhaps because - the circumstances of this visit weren't the best (Mohammed-caricatures, therefore high security; breastfeeding her child between two acts).

I also think that the colours of her dresses (black - dark blue - green/brown) looked much better on TV than on the pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom