Weddings in the Arab Gulf States: 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very Very Nice Pictures THey LOok Very Nice and Sheikh Saif Look very Nice

Sheikh Dhiyab bin Tahnoun bin Mohammed Al Nahyan of Abu Dhabi married Sheikha .. bint Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, daughter of the Emir of Abu Dhabi, on 12 December 2012.

A banquet was held at the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre. Among those attending were the Emirs of Dubai, Sharjah, Fujaïrah, Umm al-Qaiwain and Ras al-Khaima, as well as several Crown Princes and other Sheikhs.

WAM | Emirates News Agency

Sheikh Mohammed bin Surour bin Mohammed Al Nahyan of Abu Dhabi married Sheikha .. bint Hamad Bin Hamdan Al-Nahyan of Abu Dhabi on 17 December 2012.

A lunch banquet was held at the Emirates Palace Hotel. The banquet was attended by the Emirs of Dubai, Ajman, Fujairah and Ras al-Khaimah; the Crown Princes of Abu Dhabi, Fujairah, Umm al-Qaiwain and Ras al-Khaimah, as well as several other Sheikhs.

Congratulations to the couple.

‏‎H.R.H Princess Sahab Abdullah give birth in 12-12-2012 Sheikh Faisal

Congratulations Hind & Majid | DAS Blog is this guy a sheikh??
i heard he just got married ro hind beljafla doe anyone know more about him?

Yes, he is a Sheikh. He is member of the al-Qassimi clan, who rule the Emirates of Sharjah and Ras al Khaimah in UAE. He belongs to the branch of the al Qassimi family of Sharjah. Sheikh Majid is doctor of veterinary medicine and a man with very, very, very good manners and a great thinker. Since his childhood he like biology and I think, all animals and nature. His passion he has made to profession. He received his doctorate in 2009. Now he worked at Al Ain Zoo in UAE. He also plays rugby for Al Ain Mens team. His father is Emirati. His mother is German. He speak 5 languages as I know. He is one of the promising lights of the future of the UAE. May Allah blessed him and his family.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEm4luPMt-I

More informations about him you can find here:

http://thinkup.ae/think_big/interview-emirati-vet-dr-majid-al-qassimi/

http://www.abudhabiweek.ae/features/129-a-day-in-the-life/7264-nature-and-nurture.html

http://www.thenational.ae/thenation...le-lion-cub-grows-into-a-monster-of-a-problem

Last edited:
Does anyone know how he fits into the family, who is his father? :flowers:

Wow, what a remarkable man! Hopefully he will pioneer this field in the UAE. :flowers: I'm sure there is quite a demand for such jobs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, what a remarkable man! Hopefully he will pioneer this field in the UAE. :flowers: I'm sure there is quite a demand for such jobs.

He is one of 4 Emirati veterinarians. Is a demand for it, but only few Emiratis just accept such positions. Unfortunately, jobs in the private sector are still not as popular. The majority of Emiratis still primarily aimed at a career in government. Especially at the young male Emiratis, this trend can be observed. The boys finished school early and not much to invest in their education. The boys want to make money fast and do not take responsibility. That's a bad trend, and I hope that finished soon. We need more such pionieers like Sheikh Majid al Qassimi.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how he fits into the family, who is his father? :flowers:

On the day of his wedding /melcha:
Photo by kayescue • Instagram

Mabroook! Allah yhaneekum inshallah! (Congratulations!)
In the picture above you can see his father to the right of him. The name of his father is Sultan, as I know, and he isn´t a ruling Sheikh. He is only a distant cousin of the ruler of Sharjah. The other guys at the picture are uncles of Sheikh Dr. Majid. One of his female cousins are Sheikha Dr. Alia Al Qassimi. She is doctor of gynecology. They have some doctors in the family. ;)

families picture: Photo by beljafla • Instagram

The couple has official signing of the marriage contract (day is called "melcha" in UAE) on 13th January and legally tie the knot. It is more a kind of "intimate occasion", which precedes the big celebration. This special day is a beautiful and emotional gathering of close family and friends. The wedding parties will following soon, inshallah.

Last edited:
Certainly is a lot of talent and work ethics in that family. Congrats to the new couple! May they have many happy years together. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sheikh Mohammed Bin Abdullah Bin Mohammed Al Qassimi of Sharjah married Sheikha .. bint Faisal Bin Khalid Bin Sultan Al Qassimi of Sharjah on 15 March 2013.

Sheikh Zayed & Sheikha Fatima - Sheikh Dhiyab & Sheikha Latifa: March 20,2 013

For the first time, the ruling family of Abu Dhabi have a joint wedding.

Sheikh Dhiyab bin Mohammed bin Zayed to Sheikha Latifa bint Hamdan bin Zayed

Sheikh Zayed bin Saeed bin Zayed to Sheikha Fatima bint Haza bin Zayed

Mens wedding is joint with an afternoon celebration while ladies weddings are on different days.

The wedding was hosted by the ruling family but the 2 grooms were joined by another 100 grooms who were local citizens. This has never happened before that a Sheikh has a joint wedding or shared his day for other grooms.

Last edited:
For the first time, the ruling family of Abu Dhabi have a joint wedding.

Sheikh Dhiyab bin Mohammed bin Zayed to Sheikha Latifa bint Hamdan bin Zayed

Sheikh Zayed bin Saeed bin Zayed to Sheikha Fatima bint Haza bin Zayed

Mens wedding is joint with an afternoon celebration while ladies weddings are on different days.

Congratulations to the happy couples,wish them a long and happy marriage! :lucky:
Just one question-is Latifa the daughter of Khalifa bin Zayed al Nayan´s brother or am I confusing the names and family relations again?

Congratulations to the happy couples,wish them a long and happy marriage! :lucky:
Just one question-is Latifa the daughter of Khalifa bin Zayed al Nayan´s brother or am I confusing the names and family relations again?

Yes. Daughter of the brother of Sheikh Khalifa.
Not to make things more confusing but all 4 who are marrying today, their fathers are brothers to Sheikh Khalifa.

Not to make things more confusing but all 4 who are marrying today, their fathers are brothers to Sheikh Khalifa.

Thank you for taking the time to answer:flowers:
So all of the 4 brothers are marrying at the same time?That´s interesting but nice, to have all brothers marry at the same time! Good luck to all of them, hopefully their unions will be happy & good luck to the brides as well,I am sure they are excited on such a special day:)
How far are they different in age-Who is the youngest and oldest brother?

Last edited:

Looks like they had a good time,great to see such a video where you can see the wedding celebrations of the men!The little boy in 4:02 with his sword (or whatever it is) looks so cute :D
What are the clothes called that men wear over their khandoura,with the golden hem-like Sh. Mohammed and Maktoum are wearing for festive events.
The sword dances are interesting to watch,what to the ladies do at the same time,paint henna,dance or sing?

Last edited:
What are the clothes called that men wear over their khandoura,with the golden hem-like Sh. Mohammed and Maktoum are wearing for festive events.

It is called bisht. A bisht is a traditional Arabian long cloak men wear over their thobes. This cloak is usually made of wool and ranges in color from white, beige, and cream to the darker shades of brown, grey and black. They are always handmade and use gold or silver thread and sometimes a combination of both. Originally the bisht was worn in winter by Bedouins. Now it’s only worn for special occasions like weddings, festivals, graduations and Eid (islamic celebrations).

what to the ladies do at the same time,paint henna,dance or sing?

Often the wedding party of the women takes place on a different day. But they also dance, eat and have fun together.

Last edited:
Thank you for taking the time to answer:flowers:
So all of the 4 brothers are marrying at the same time?That´s interesting but nice, to have all brothers marry at the same time! Good luck to all of them, hopefully their unions will be happy & good luck to the brides as well,I am sure they are excited on such a special day:)
How far are they different in age-Who is the youngest and oldest brother?
I think you misread the response dazzling gave you. The fathers of the grooms and brides are brothers, making them first cousins. :flowers:

Oh,thanks for clearing up,Princess Robijin!
I think now I understand how they are related to each other,it´s very complicated for me because the family is so big :)

Sheikh Saqr bin Jamal bin Saqr bin Sultan Al Qasimi of Ras al-Khaimah(*) married Sheikha .. bint Faisal bin Sultan bin Salem Al Qasimi of Sharjah(*) on 21 March 2013.

The banquet was held at Al Jawaher Hall for Conferences in Sharjah.

* I think the groom is from Ras al-Khaimah, because his father is probably Sheikh Jamal bin Saqr bin Sultan Al Qasimi, (former?) Chairman of the organizing committee of the camel race festival in Ras Al Khaimah. The Ruler of Ras al-Khaimah was among those attending the banquet. The wedding took place in Sharjah, I'm assuming this means the bride is from Sharjah.

Back
Top Bottom