Prince Johann-Wenzel of Liechtenstein & Countess Felicitas of Hartig : June 10, 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm curious about why the wedding of this particular prince from a cadet branch of the princely house of Liechtenstein, which includes dozens of members, is receiving so much attention compared to most Liechtenstein princes and princesses. Is it because of his Orléans mother?
Johann-Wenzel has been seen more than the sovereign Prince’s grandchildren. Also the fact that he is related to the Orleans family. His wedding is the most recent since the weddings of Margaretha and Nikolaus of Liechtenstein’s children. Plus he’s the only member of his generation married to an aristocrat from an old Czech family. He’s well-connected given that he was invited to the Jordanian royal wedding of the CP. He’s the latest Prince of Liechtenstein to be married in a while.

The Count de Paris , did attend but alone, his Brother Eudes wth wife and Son. I suppose his Grandmother la Duchesse de Montpensier was to frail to attend such as Princess Blanche .
No show up of Orleans and Wurtenbergs ???

Johann-Wenzel has been seen more than the sovereign Prince’s grandchildren. Also the fact that he is related to the Orleans family. His wedding is the most recent since the weddings of Margaretha and Nikolaus of Liechtenstein’s children. Plus he’s the only member of his generation married to an aristocrat from an old Czech family. He’s well-connected given that he was invited to the Jordanian royal wedding of the CP. He’s the latest Prince of Liechtenstein to be married in a while.

Him being 'well-connected' (other than his family connections) is due to him attending Sandhurst at the same time as both prince Sebastien and crown prince Hussein. So, he is not necessarily well-connected in general but it seems there is a lasting friendship between the three princes that attended Sandhurst together.

no bridal tiara today :sad:

A born aristocrat bride minus a tiara at her wedding isn't unheard of(Caroline of Monaco and Astrid of Belgium didn't wear one)but it's rather disappointing just the same.

Not a fan of the bridal gown, but her hairstyle is superb and she is a natural beauty.

Him being 'well-connected' (other than his family connections) is due to him attending Sandhurst at the same time as both prince Sebastien and crown prince Hussein. So, he is not necessarily well-connected in general but it seems there is a lasting friendship between the three princes that attended Sandhurst together.

He is related to many European aristocratic families, from the Liechtensteins, to the d'Orleans, to the Württembergs. I used to follow some of his friends on Facebook years ago and he was quite popular and well known among many other German and Austrian aristocrats. It is obvious that his marriage generated some interest.
Honestly I was expecting to see more people within that circle today.

I am keeping my fingers cross for a Luxembourg and Liechtenstein love match. Immaculata is beautiful!

The bride was positively stunning. I like the dress! It works for her and ! I love the idea of the wedding party being small and cute!!

Princess Sophie of Liechtenstein looks wonderful. She is having a winning season!!

I am keeping my fingers cross for a Luxembourg and Liechtenstein love match. Immaculata is beautiful!

It would be awesome to have another Luxembourgish-Liechtensteiner royal wedding since the last one was some time ago :flowers:

He is related to many European aristocratic families, from the Liechtensteins, to the d'Orleans, to the Württembergs. I used to follow some of his friends on Facebook years ago and he was quite popular and well known among many other German and Austrian aristocrats. It is obvious that his marriage generated some interest.
Honestly I was expecting to see more people within that circle today.

True (which is why I referenced his family connections), however, him attending the wedding of crown prince Hussein of Jordan has nothing to do with him being well-connected (or popular) in the European royal and noble circles but to their shared time at Sandhurst.

I like the fact that Princess Felicitas included lovely red flowers in her bridal bouquet.

Last edited by a moderator:
He’s the latest Prince of Liechtenstein to be married in a while.

The last marriage the one of Prince Joseph Emanuel was not very long ago. Only a bit more then a year. But then it was not held in Europe.

A born aristocrat bride minus a tiara at her wedding isn't unheard of(Caroline of Monaco and Astrid of Belgium didn't wear one)but it's rather disappointing just the same.

Yes a pity that the bride didn't wear a tiara. But most likely there is no one to which she has access. The groom mother has worn a small bandeau with turqioses a few times. And it could well be that her Family doesn't have a tiara.

The last marriage the one of Prince Joseph Emanuel was not very long ago. Only a bit more then a year. But then it was not held in Europe.

SirGyamfi1 had probably in mind his parents' marriage.

I like Princess Marie , she must be sad her Mother could attend .

I love how Princess Sophie of Liechtenstein was casually carrying around a black mini Kelly.
She shows up with really expensive bags just to remind to everyone how rich her family-in-law is.

https://robinutrecht.photoshelter.com/index/G000034m5Z_qh8Qk/I0000WsHPmkhxIyM
I don’t think so, Sophie isn’t a show off from what I’ve seen. For all we know, it could be fake. (Maybe I should take this to the fashion thread). She doesn’t dress trendy or mainstream like some other royals do.

SirGyamfi1 had probably in mind his parents' marriage.
It has been quite a while (not too long) since the marriage of Prince Josef-Emanuel and Claudia and it is the most recent dynastic match of a Prince or Liechtenstein since Prince Stefan of Liechtenstein in 1988. Yes, it hasn’t been too long, but at the same time because the family are fairly private it seems it has been a while.

I don’t think so, Sophie isn’t a show off from what I’ve seen. For all we know, it could be fake. (Maybe I should take this to the fashion thread). She doesn’t dress trendy or mainstream like some other royals do.

Her husband is basically a billionaire...I don't think her Kelly is fake. She can afford it 100%.
Sometimes I feel like she dresses modestly to not get that much attention.

It has been quite a while (not too long) since the marriage of Prince Josef-Emanuel and Claudia and it is the most recent dynastic match of a Prince or Liechtenstein since Prince Stefan of Liechtenstein in 1988. Yes, it hasn’t been too long, but at the same time because the family are fairly private it seems it has been a while.

So the marriages of Hereditary Prince Alois to a Duchess in Bavaria and his brother to a Countess Kalnoky are not dynastic. There have been other marriages. For example in 2021 Prince Konrad got married to a Comtesse de Biolley

So the marriages of Hereditary Prince Alois to a Duchess in Bavaria and his brother to a Countess Kalnoky are not dynastic. There have been other marriages. For example in 2021 Prince Konrad got married to a Comtesse de Biolley
Well considering the fact that the Princely House wasn’t a reigning house in their early years and for the most part have married nobility from the Empire, for the family these are a long the lines of equal. I have never heard of Prince Konrad

Last edited:
Well considering the fact that the Princely House wasn’t a reigning house in their early years and for the most part have married nobility from the Empire, for the family these are a long the lines of equal. I have never heard of Prince Konrad

Prince Konrad is the son of Prince Stefan(you mentioned him in your previous post).

Prince Konrad is the son of Prince Stefan(you mentioned him in your previous post).
Oh I forgot the names of his children because there’s barely any news on them.

Did you mention this in the wedding or engagement threads because I actually never knew about this marriage.

Did you mention this in the wedding or engagement threads because I actually never knew about this marriage.
Not sure if it is mentioned here,. It was certainly mentioned on the Nobiliana Forum. There may be other marriages from which you have not heard.

Back
Top Bottom