A reception for members of the IOC at Buckingham Palace - 23 July 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Artemisia

Heir Presumptive, Royal Blogger
City
Yerevan
Country
Armenia
I thought we could have a thread for the reception for members of the International Olympic Committee at Buckingham Palace today.

So far, the Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh, Princess Anne, The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester, and Princess Alexandra are confirmed to attend.
I think it's likely Prince William, Kate and/or Prince Harry will attend as well, given their roles as Ambassadors.

Last edited:
I don't think William, Kate and Harry will attend. They're ambassadors for Team GB, as opposed to the Olympics more generally. I think with such a large turnout of royals already, they'll not be needed at this particular event. I could be wrong, though.

Foreign royals at tonight's palace reception included Prince Albert and Charlene, Crown Prince Frederik, and Holland's Prince of Orange. Grand Duke Henri of Luxembourg was also at Buckingham Palace tonight.

The Queen was given her own Olympic gold, silver and bronze medals tonight.

I wonder why princess haya did not attend !

:previous:
She might have attended but we just don't have pictures of her at the moment. The Prince of Orange was there as well, but no pictures of him either.

Apparently, after the reception, members of the IOC (including foreign and some of the British royals) moved to the Royal Opera House in Covent Garden for the opening ceremony of the 124th IOC Session.

I love the symbolism of the coat of arms, the thrones and the Olympic rings in the background. Whomever set that up in BP obviously understands the importance of producing an image that sums the event up perfectly.

Back
Top Bottom