The Duke of Cambridge as Royal Patron of Child Bereavement UK

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter
Gary Barlow will perform for the Duke of Cambridge and other guests at Child Bereavement UK's 21st birthday dinner on October 15.

William, who is royal patron of Child Bereavement UK, will meet the charity's supporters at the bash at the Banqueting House in London.

So exciting! William + children = amazing. If past events with this charity are anything to go by- I better have the tissues ready! Heck, to be honest- I'm tearing up now as I type...

Gary Barlow will perform for the Duke of Cambridge and other guests at Child Bereavement UK's 21st birthday dinner on October 15.

William, who is royal patron of Child Bereavement UK, will meet the charity's supporters at the bash at the Banqueting House in London.

Really looking forward to this. William is excellent with children, and I'm sure this particular charity is very close to his heart for many reasons. I'll be getting my tissues ready, that's for sure.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Maybe I'm totally off on this one but from what it sounds like, this is going to be an evening dinner with staff and the supporters of Child Bereavement at a banquet hall and not at the actual charity itself. I'd really be surprised if any of the children themselves were there. Kids and their parents that need the support of this wonderful charity most likely would not feel up to going public with what they're going through.

Then again I could be wrong.

I agree it sounds similar to the Tusk event at Syon House. More about thanking the staff and donors. Maybe people who used the service in the past.

When WK went to the charity when Kate was pregnant with George the meeting with the people who lost child or parent was behind closed doors.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

William is Royal Patron of Child Bereavement UK

Child Bereavement UK @cbukhelp
Not long until CBUK’s 21st birthday event at #banquetinghouse attended by HRH The Duke of Cambridge @KensingtonRoyal

Last edited:
Prince William paid a moving tribute to his late mother tonight at a bereavement charity fundraising dinner.

The prince spoke of his admiration for Princess Diana and said: "Grief is the most painful experience that any child or parent can endure."

The prince, who was just 15 when his mother was killed in a car accident in a Paris tunnel on August 31 1997, addressed the 270 guests at the 21st birthday for Child Bereavement UK at Banqueting House.

William said: "Twenty-one years ago last month, my mother attended the launch of the Child Bereavement Charity.

"Fifteen years later, I was honoured to be invited to become Patron of Child Bereavement UK to continue my mother's commitment to a charity which is very dear to me.
Read more: Prince William pays tribute to mum Diana: ''Grief is the most painful experience a child or parent can endure'' - Mirror Online

A speech by The Duke of Cambridge at Child Bereavement Charity UK 21st Anniversary dinner

Last edited:
I am so grateful to William for acknowledging the importance of helping parents and children cope with grief. I have too much experience with this, having lost my mother at age 14 and my dear son this year when he was 41. He had end-stage Multiple Sclerosis. My son has two daughters, ages 10 and 4, who have greatly benefitted from art therapy with a hospice organization. They have learned they are not alone in grief and have support from the community. I think it's more important than ever to help children cope with grief, especially since our society is so mobile.

Love that William has the courage to express what a painful loss he suffered, and help others.

I am so grateful to William for acknowledging the importance of helping parents and children cope with grief. I have too much experience with this, having lost my mother at age 14 and my dear son this year when he was 41. He had end-stage Multiple Sclerosis. My son has two daughters, ages 10 and 4, who have greatly benefitted from art therapy with a hospice organization. They have learned they are not alone in grief and have support from the community. I think it's more important than ever to help children cope with grief, especially since our society is so mobile.

Love that William has the courage to express what a painful loss he suffered, and help others.
Very sorry to read that you r son passed away this year Rebound.:sad:

Prince William opened up about his painful past in an emotional speech.

The 33-year-old royal spoke of the heartbreak of losing a loved one on Thursday night when he attended a gala in London celebrating the 21st anniversary of the Child Bereavement Charity, an organization that was supported by his late mother, Princess Diana.

"Twenty-one years ago last month, my mother attended the launch of the Child Bereavement Charity," William began his speech. "Fifteen years later, I was honored to be invited to become Patron of Child Bereavement UK to continue my mother's commitment to a charity which is very dear to me.
Read more: Prince William Speaking at the Child Bereavement Charity 2015 : People.com

Although a joint engagement, it's one of William's charities, so I'll post here for now.

Child Bereavement ‏@cbukhelp
Starting to get busy at our East London Centre, preparations underway to welcome TRH The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge #CBUKRoyalVisit #Newham
https://twitter.com/cbukhelp/status/819179384867266560

Child Bereavement UK ‏@cbukhelp
Honoured to have TRH The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge at our #Newham Centre to celebrate 1 year's bereavement support service in East London
https://twitter.com/cbukhelp/status/819202357498179586

Child Bereavement UK ‏@cbukhelp
The Duke & Duchess are introduced to local professionals and volunteers, as well as families and children who've been supported by @cbukhelp
https://twitter.com/cbukhelp/status/819204703766675460

PA Royal Reporters ‏@PARoyal
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge arrive at a bereavement centre in Stratford, east London - Shinobi Irons,12, presents posey to Kate
https://twitter.com/PARoyal/status/819194277632864256

Last edited:
This article is perhaps posted on one of the many other threads here already, but nice to see our (according to some in the media and some of the posters here on TRF) lazy, boring, workshy and uncharismatic duke/duchess out and about. To me, they are the exact opposite.

Prince William speaks about Diana on engagement with Kate Middleton | Daily Mail Online
Prince William movingly comforted a little girl grieving for her father today, telling her: 'I lost my mummy when I was very young too.'

The prince, who later this year will mark the 20th anniversary of the death of Diana, Princess of Wales, asked Aoife, nine: 'Do you know what happened to me? You know I lost my mummy when I was very young too. I was 15 and my brother was 12.'

The prince, accompanied by his wife, the Duchess of Cambridge, was visiting the Child Bereavement UK Centre in Stratford, which is marking its one year anniversary, and provides support for children and families when a baby or child of any age dies or is dying, or when a child is facing personal loss.

He urged Aoife, whose father John died from pancreatic cancer six years ago, not to bottle up her loss, adding: 'Do you speak about your daddy? It's very important to talk about it. Very, very important.'

Last edited:
They fixed the quote. I saw an earlier version with the quote being 13 and 12 for the ages. I thought it was totally strange that William himself would mess up the age.

Nasty old Daily Mail still calling her Kate Middleton, I see.

Probably wrong thread but having read todaysreports, I think Catherinedeserves credit for the support she has given William over theyears.
It cant have been easy. HE is now so much more open about his feelings.

Probably wrong thread but having read todaysreports, I think Catherinedeserves credit for the support she has given William over theyears.
It cant have been easy. HE is now so much more open about his feelings.

Yes I think they do a good job of supporting each other quite well...she's said he takes good care of her. They both seem like very stable well balanced individuals.

LaRae

TRH The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge visited Child Bereavement UK’s Centre in East London on 11 January 2017. The Duke of Cambridge has been Royal Patron of Child Bereavement UK since 2009, a charity which supports families and educates professionals when a baby or child of any age dies or is dying, or when a child is facing bereavement.

While at the Stratford site, Their Royal Highnesses met bereaved families and children who have been supported by Child Bereavement UK in London and attended one of the charity’s Family Support Group sessions for children aged 4-12. These groups, facilitated by Child Bereavement UK’s bereavement support practitioners and trained volunteers, give children, their parents, and carers, the opportunity to meet other bereaved families and to explore the themes of memories, feelings, support networks and resilience. These sessions can help to decrease their sense of being alone and feeling ‘different’ when someone important in their lives has died.
Read more: The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge visit Newham Centre - Child Bereavement UK : Child Bereavement UK

In an emotional new fundraising campaign video for Child Bereavement UK, Prince William is asking the public to donate to the organisation, which supports bereaved families.

The Duke of Cambridge appears in a series of videos for his patronage, alongside those who have lost loved ones – both well-known and not. They tell the camera what they would say to their loved one if they had just one extra minute with them.
Video and more: Prince William in emotional #onemoreminute campaign for Child Bereavement • The Crown Chronicles

Court Circular 21st March:
The Duke of Cambridge, Royal Patron, this afternoon attended a Child Bereavement UK Lunch at Annabel's, 46 Berkeley Square, London W1.

"The Duke of Cambridge, Royal Patron of Child Bereavement UK @CBUKhelp, will attend the charity's 25th Birthday Gala Dinner, to honour its work helping families to rebuild their lives after the devastation of child bereavement"

"Child Bereavement UK @CBUKhelp supports families and educates professionals, both when a baby or child of any age dies or is dying, and when a child is facing bereavement"

Via Kensington Palace Twitter

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom