The Birth of HRH Prince Louis of Cambridge: April 23, 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rather late, but hearty congratulations to the Cambridge's on the birth of their (and our!) new little prince! It was all very nicely done again and the chance to see George and Charlotte. I have no concerns whatsoever for Catherine as she is very fit and healthy and glowing in motherhood.

I know I did :lol: What a personality.

The collective "awww" from those hardened journalists and photographers when she turned back to give them a final little wave was just lovely.

TRH The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and the new Prince leave St. Mary’s Hospital, Paddington, London.

Team or not team, she looked fabulous. Why take away from her?, what's the point in that type commentary? No one discounts other women being super heros when they deliver.

Charlotte is freaking adorable, I love her more and more every time we see her! Her birthday is next week, so I'm excited to see a couple new snaps.

Where did I take anything away from Kate?
No need to be so rude.

And regarding Kate going home so soon: in my experience, Western Europe i.e. the UK, ND and other nations, tend to release moms same day if everything went smooth. No reason to keep them, plus in the UK the NHS sends midwives to check on mom and baby at home a couple of days after birth, as I recall from my time doing obstetrics clinicals in the UK.

Last edited:
The collective "awww" from those hardened journalists and photographers when she turned back to give them a final little wave was just lovely.

Yes, I LOL'ed at that. Very cute moment!

Negativity... EVERY time !

I don't think it's just negativity. For me it's also a concern that the bar is set very high for "normal women." It could be a dangerous message to say that a woman who has just given birth has to be up and about and wearing heels only a few hours after giving birth. In my grandmother's generation women rested in bed for 40 days and were helped by relatives, neighbors, friends, regardless of their social status! But today, this rarely happens. The Duchess of Cambridge has a lot of help (as she should) and I'm glad for her, but it is important to keep things in perspective. Most women go home from the hospital and don't have any assistance or the luxury to rest, so they shouldn't rush to go home...! Ideally, home is best but it can be much harder without some support!

This said, she looked absolutely fabulous and I couldn't be happier for Prince William and she! I loved the dress, everything! They are a very classy couple and have an adorable family.

And yes...I'm also rooting for a fourth one...in due course!! :whistling:

Love Charlotte but also going to put in a plug for the Prince Georges of the world. The children who eye adults with everything from cautious optimism to scorn. The wary, pensive types who melt your heart when you finally earn their trust and hear their laugh.

George is the oldest, with the hardest and likely most exceptional path ahead. Perhaps the way he appears to be wired will serve him well. Who knows?

Charlotte: Hi, love ya!

George: Later. Make an appointment with my person.

New HRH: Today I AM THE BABY. HOMAGE MUST BE PAID.

Fun thread, this one.

Beautiful couple with their newborn and joyous congratulations to United Kingdom!

I guess we'll know the name on Wednesday, right?

I'm glad Kate went home right away. I was one who was ready to go home pretty quickly as well, especially since here they don't leave you alone after you give birth--the nurses would come in constantly to check on me, bring the baby, etc. I would have gone home immediately had I known it would be permitted, but went home a bit over 24 hours after delivery.

Pretty sure I didn't look as good as Kate going home, though! :flowers:

I was hoping tomorrow...but maybe Wed.

LaRae

How beautiful does Catherine look in red!? And the baby is adorable: looks like he has his dad's and grandfather's sausage fingers--no doubt at all whose son he is. The tenderness between the duke and duchess was lovely, you could really feel their joy.

Charlotte's little wave was so sweet, but William's downward glance+shy smile melted my heart.

Best wishes to the family, and best wishes also for Catherine's quick recovery.

i hope arthur is not the chosen name. it is a nice name but sounds too old fashioned? maybe David, Nicholas, Richard or Edward? maybe they will want to do a tribute to Philip given he retired not long ago?

Obviously Kate looks very tired... quite normal !

Most on time Baby of the three. Also the heaviest. And with the coolest sister of them all. ;)

Mom once again proved the crazy good genes she came from, childbirth-wise. In a room full of women telling their childbirth horror stories, Kate loses hands down. And how nice for her!

Land Rover US has a fairly lousy US web page. And comparative car reviews here tend to focus on non-Land-Rover Models. So I could not determine this.

Even though the family split up to go home, I was wondering if/how their SUV could handle three cars seats.

In the US, children are now encouraged to stay in car seats until around six years of age and even then, to use a booster seat until 10-12. By those standards, C and W will need to fit 3 car seats into the family vehicle. When they all drive together. And there are relatively few car models that do this very well. One option is to have two car seats in the second row and a third in the 3rd row. Somehow, I envision that being as problematic it was when I was a kid and we all had to fit into a station wagon. :frazzled::hornets::seestars::voodoo:

Whatever - does anyone know if the Cambridge kids are still using car seats (I am guessing yes, since Dad had to open doors and tuck in before they popped out) and how/if the LR Discovery can handle 3 across kid seat installation?

What a joyous day! And that Charlotte is stealing all our hearts. George has first-child syndrome, so I empathize with him. Kate looked GRAND. And Wills looked like he has this whole act down.

Congrats to them and to us all!

Michelle Obama tweeted today :

"Barack and I are thrilled to congratulate The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge on their newest arrival! We hope to meet him soon for a Kensington Palace pajama party. I'll wear my robe!"

Very cute!

i hope arthur is not the chosen name. it is a nice name but sounds too old fashioned? maybe David, Nicholas, Richard or Edward? maybe they will want to do a tribute to Philip given he retired not long ago?

I don’t find Arthur old-fashioned at all. It is a cool name.

Stocking up for the new arrival? Carole Middleton is spotted buying supplies from Boots hours after the birth of her third grandchild

• Carole, 63, was picking up essentials from Boots and Peter Jones today
  • Was spotted hours after Kate gave birth to her third grandchild, a baby boy
  • The mother-of-three was not seen visiting Kate at Lindo Wing today
  • Duchess has left hospital to return home to Kensington Palace

Carole Middleton is spotted in Boots hours after Kate gives birth | Daily Mail Online

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it’s easier for the hospital if Kate goes home as soon as possible then it’s back to normal for them. She does look amazing happy family

Barack and I are thrilled to congratulate The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge on their newest arrival! We hope to meet him soon for a Kensington Palace pajama party. I’ll wear my robe!

Via Michelle Obama Twitter

Barack and I are thrilled to congratulate The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge on their newest arrival! We hope to meet him soon for a Kensington Palace pajama party. I’ll wear my robe!

Via Michelle Obama Twitter

Silly tweet from Mrs Obama. Trudeau did much better.

Silly tweet from Mrs Obama. Trudeau did much better.

The Obama’s met Prince George in his pajamas. So that’s what she’s referencing.

Wow didn't check the news before I left for work. Now on late break and having to catch up on pages of news.:ohmy:

Congratulations to the couple, George and Charlotte, on the new prince :flowers:

He looks very sweet. Cant wait for the name :cool:

Charlotte was adorable, waving and so spirited. George definitely a bit shy.

And yes, Michelle Obama's tweet makes far more sense with the photo :flowers:

You mena that little slip from William?

I hope they won't call the baby Jack...

Isn't Jack a diminutive from John? (President John F. Kennedy was called "Jack" by his family and friends).

Isn't Jack a diminutive from John?

It's like harry and henry. Some time ago Jack and harry were diminutives, now they are just full names on their own.

Last edited:
:previous: Yes but Jack is still also used as a nickname.

It could be that they name a son Prince John, but refer to him as Jack, like Harry. But honestly pretty sure it was just a joke from William.

Back
Top Bottom