The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-01-2018, 02:24 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
The change of title is automatic - William will be the Duke of Cornwall and Cambridge and as Cornwall is the most senior title, I can see them using just "Cornwall". I also think that it would be an opportunity to remind people that titles are about position rather than owned by individuals.

Last time this happened was when Edward VII came to the throne - his heir became Duke of Cornwall and York. It took c.6 months before he was created Prince of Wales.

I think that sort of timeline could happen again. Definitely before the Coronation as the focus should be on the King, rather than William.
The change is indeed automatic. The moment their greatgrandmother dies, they become HRH prince(ss) George/Charlotte/Louis of Cornwall and Cambridge. However, that doesn't necessarily mean that they start using 'Cornwall' instead of 'Cambridge' at school. Especially, if the expectation would be that 'Wales' would soon follow there is no need to use 'Cornwall' in between imo.

Old 05-01-2018, 02:47 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
I think waiting for a child to be old enough to comprehend the title being granted is different from the argument William will be made to wait as an adult. Wait for what?
What is there to comprehend?

Old 05-01-2018, 02:53 PM
Courtier

Quote:
“Pubgoers can wet the head of the newest Royal Prince Louis at the first pub to be named in his honour.

The McMullen and Sons pub, in Notley Green, Great Notley, is set to open to punters for the first time on May 9, and excitement is already building in the village.”

Read more: Great Notley pub gets a right Royal name after little Prince Louis | Braintree and Witham Times
That's how you know you've made it as a British royal, you get a pub named after you!
Old 05-01-2018, 02:53 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frideswide View Post
What is there to comprehend?
Let’s cut to the chase. If it’s your opinion William will be made to wait, what would be Charles rationale. William is popular in Wales, Charles and his princess consort will want a wind at their their back for the coronation so why make William wait for a title that’s only linked to the heir to the throne. There’s no earning the title.
Old 05-01-2018, 03:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Historically, the eldest son and heir of the monarch has been invested with the title of The Prince of Wales. William meets that criteria. I do think Charles will waste no time in naming William the PoW. Also, I don't expect there to be a grandiose investiture ceremony like Charles had in Wales at age 21 which was 11 years after being named Prince of Wales in 1958.

It will be the same sometime down the road when a King William invests his son, George, as PoW. Its an historical tradition. Again, its at the will and pleasure of the monarch. How and when Charles decides to do this, if he even does, is solely up to him. I don't think its something he's actively thinking about and planning because as he said himself, "you do realize that when I do become King, it will mean that I've lost my mother".

All things in good time.
Old 05-01-2018, 03:12 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Let’s move on. William’s future titles have absolutely nothing to do with Louis’ birth.

Further posts on the subject will be deleted without warning.
Old 05-01-2018, 03:16 PM
Heir Apparent

If William and Catherine would choose Lady Gabriella Windsor as godmother as Louis was born on her birthday?
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 05-01-2018, 03:18 PM
Majesty

“Parliament's first act after a two-week break was to pay homage to a baby.

Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern passed a motion this afternoon to congratulate Prince William and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge on the birth of their third child, Prince Louis.

"Along with many people around the globe, New Zealanders have witnessed and celebrated the joy that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have clearly found with their children Prince George and Princess Charlotte," Ardern said.

"I'm very pleased to lead the House's congratulations on the birth of a third child to this close-knit family.”

Read more: Prince Louis celebrated in New Zealand Parliament with a waiata
Old 05-01-2018, 04:07 PM
Majesty

Photos of the Queen visiting Kensington Palace today presumably to meet Prince Louis

Instagram
Old 05-01-2018, 04:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Can we assume then that Charles may have visited as well by now?
Old 05-01-2018, 05:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

I can't imagine he hasn't at this point.

LaRae
Old 05-01-2018, 05:25 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Photos of the Queen visiting Kensington Palace today presumably to meet Prince Louis

Instagram
Thanks Rudolph.

And now many photos of the visit in the Daily Mail Online.

The Queen flies into Kensington Palace by helicopter to meet Prince Louis | Daily Mail Online
Old 05-01-2018, 05:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Hopefully they didn't tell George that Gan Gan was arriving by helicopter or he would never have been convinced that he had to go to school.

Glad that the Queen was able to fly over to visit little Louis in comfort and ease and hope the whole family enjoyed the visit.
Old 05-01-2018, 06:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Hopefully they didn't tell George that Gan Gan "jumped" out of a helicopter to open the London Olympic Games. Parachuting Gan Gan would be worth staying home to watch her land in your backyard.
Old 05-01-2018, 07:49 PM
Majesty

Quote:
“Parliament's first act after a two-week break was to pay homage to a baby.

Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern passed a motion this afternoon to congratulate Prince William and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge on the birth of their third child, Prince Louis.

"Along with many people around the globe, New Zealanders have witnessed and celebrated the joy that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have clearly found with their children Prince George and Princess Charlotte," Ardern said.

"I'm very pleased to lead the House's congratulations on the birth of a third child to this close-knit family.”

Read more: Prince Louis celebrated in New Zealand Parliament with a waiata
Quite surprising considering that Jacinda Ardem is a self-proclaimed republican, isn’t she ?
Old 05-01-2018, 08:26 PM
Majesty

Do you believe that Louis Spencer, Viscount Althorp will be a godfather to Prince Louis?
Old 05-01-2018, 08:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Not likely...I don't think Harry is close with him.

LaRae
Old 05-02-2018, 06:16 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Not likely...I don't think Harry is close with him.

LaRae
I think you mean William.
Old 05-02-2018, 06:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Quite surprising considering that Jacinda Ardem is a self-proclaimed republican, isn’t she ?

If she is, it is still her obligation as PM of New Zealand, to congratulate senior members of the Royal Family on the birth of their children!
Old 05-02-2018, 07:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

Oh yes ...typo!

LaRae