The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-25-2018, 06:39 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennywren View Post
Don't expect an announcement today, would distract from their attendance at ANZAC commemorations.
I can’t possibly see why.

Old 04-25-2018, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Somehow I don't think they would want the attendance at such solemn occasions to be overshadowed by a name announcement in tomorrow's papers. Time will tell.....

Old 04-25-2018, 09:57 AM
Serene Highness

Royal baby will have 'strong name' says Prince William and reveals his new son is 'sleeping well and behaving himself' as Kate Middleton's parents are among first to visit
  • The Duke of Cambridge has joined Harry and Meghan at Westminster Abbey
  • Charles has been unable see his new grandson as he was in Scotland on Monday
  • Kate's proud parents and her sister Pippa have all been to Kensington Palace
Royal baby will have 'strong name' says Prince William | Daily Mail Online
Old 04-25-2018, 10:02 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
It is taking longer to announce the name this time, isn’t it ? It has been two days already since the baby was born.
Not quite yet. George's name wasn't announced until a little after 6:00 PM. (I guess this one was born earlier in the day so it's been about the same number of hours at this point.)

Prince Charlotte's name was announced at 3:00, which we've just gone through with no announcement.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:15 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Today is a day of remembrance for a large part of the Commonwealth, with services of Thanksgiving held. I doubt they want to disrupt or disrespect those events and memories.

My bet is that they announce tomorrow, or after papers have gone to print for the night, so today can be about those who have been lost, and not the newborn Prince's name. Anzac day is one day a year, the Prince will be here for years to come, the name can wait.

Be a good person.
Old 04-25-2018, 11:17 AM
Imperial Majesty

Hmmmm strong name. Well that could mean anything.

LaRae
Old 04-25-2018, 11:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
strong name. Well that could mean anything.
HRH Prince Popeye of Cambridge, perhaps ?
Old 04-25-2018, 11:23 AM
Courtier

But he didn't actually say that. He said that "Jerry" was a strong name in answer to someone named "Jerry" who suggested it! Ah, the papers!
Old 04-25-2018, 11:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliette2 View Post
But he didn't actually say that. He said that "Jerry" was a strong name in answer to someone named "Jerry" who suggested it! Ah, the papers!
It seems that two different names were used by William as "strong names". One was "Jerry" with the New Zealand High Commissioner to the UK Sir Jerry Mateparae.

The other one was, as told by Alexander Downer, the Australian High Commissioner, that he favoured his own Christian name as a frontrunner for the Prince, the Duke replied: “Funny you should say that... It’s a good name.”

Both men were in attendance at the Westminster Abbey memorial service. William didn't give anything away at all.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...-name-12410925 (Thanks to Rudolph for originally posting this link)
Old 04-25-2018, 11:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
HRH Prince Popeye of Cambridge, perhaps ?
Strong to the finish cuz he eats his spinach! I see a rise in the popularity of spinach ahead and a future marriage to a wonderful woman by the name of Olive.
Old 04-25-2018, 11:51 AM
Courtier

"Funny you should say that," lends itself to believe that Alexander is being used. Except it's one of George's names, so it would seem odd (to me) to then use it as little brother's given name. Would it not? Unless they plan to use it as a middle name for the newborn as well, which I have heard of happening.

Be a good person.
Old 04-25-2018, 11:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

William is having a bit of fun with the media ..nice chance for him to tweak them a bit.

LaRae
Old 04-25-2018, 11:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britters View Post
"Funny you should say that," lends itself to believe that Alexander is being used. Except it's one of George's names, so it would seem odd (to me) to then use it as little brother's given name. Would it not? Unless they plan to use it as a middle name for the newborn as well, which I have heard of happening.
I think it was done in an ironic manner as the persons suggesting the names also had the same names. Of course its funny that someone should suggest their own name as a top contender.
Old 04-25-2018, 12:04 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I think it was done in an ironic manner as the persons suggesting the names also had the same names. Of course its funny that someone should suggest their own name as a top contender.
I'm sure it was. Leading us all on. But people recommending their own names for a baby name happens ALLLLLLL the time. We went the route of not finding out sex of our children, and the name suggestions were insane. I had people recommending their names for boys and girls.

I'm hoping we only have a few more hours left of suspense and they'll announce at close of business today. But it will likely wait until tomorrow morning. I suspect people are right and they'd like to introduce the baby to immediate family before completely introducing him to the world. And Charles had duties.

Be a good person.
Old 04-25-2018, 12:15 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliette2 View Post
Oh, too bad Will was just joking around. The first name I chose, Richard, means "strong ruler." I'm just taking a wild guess, but hoping I'm right. (Richard David Michael)
Old 04-25-2018, 12:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Richard would be a nice name too.

LaRAe
Old 04-25-2018, 12:25 PM
Commoner

I'm wondering why they dont tell when the name will be released, it would resultate in very less speculation...
Old 04-25-2018, 12:33 PM
Majesty

Hello Canada Royal Baby special

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DboTfp0X...jpg&name=large
Old 04-25-2018, 12:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

Oh all the hyped up speculation of a new baby's name is fun!

I think Gem7 may be onto something here. Richard = strong ruler. I just hope they don't call the kid Dickie.
Old 04-25-2018, 12:40 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britters View Post
Eh, it has happened before. Case in point, Prince Andrew's full name is Andrew Albert Christian Edward and 4 years later his brother is called Edward. I still don't expect Alexander to be the name, but there is (fairly recent) royal precedent.