Should prince William bear some of the responsibility over Harry’s nazi outfit row?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Should William bare some of the responsibility for Harry's Nazi costume?

• Yes William should've made a joint apology; he should've forseen the repercussions

Votes: 16 26.7%
  • No, it's wrong to blame William; Harry is only 2 years younger and is accountable for his actions

Votes: 44 73.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellie2

Commoner
i'm sure u guys heard about the whole Harry nazi row, some think he was stupid whilst others say he's inconsiderate, but now new sources are saying that Wills should bare some of the blame, they say that he was with harry both when he chose the outfit and was with him at the party! i want to know your views..do u think

a..yes wills should have made a joint apology he's the older one and should have forseen the row it would have cause!

b..no, it's wrong to blame wills, harry is only 2 years younger than wills he's an adult and everyone should be held accountable to their own action!

Ellie2 said:
i'm sure u guys heard about the whole Harry nazi row, some think he was stupid whilst others say he's inconsiderate, but now new sources are saying that Wills should bare some of the blame, they say that he was with harry both when he chose the outfit and was with him at the party! i want to know your views..do u think

a..yes wills should have made a joint apology he's the older one and should have forseen the row it would have cause!

b..no, it's wrong to blame wills, harry is only 2 years younger than wills he's an adult and everyone should be held accountable to their own action!
I woud say B...I think that Harry has a brain in his head it is just a shame that he don´t juse it more.

its hard answer for me!

you know that! William is older! Harry is younger! but its would be answer is B

Sara Boyce

sara1981 said:
its hard answer for me!

you know that! William is older! Harry is younger! but its would be answer is B

Sara Boyce
Just becaus Harry are younger it dos not meen that he can´t use his brain when his older brother is with him.

I think both share responsabilities, in different proportions of course. Harry shouldn't choose and wear that costume and William should have known the same and advise her brother. We dont know for sure if he tried to change his brother mind or not. We dont know if Harry listens or not to his brother but in any case, Charles knows best and i've read he would like both of them to visit Auschuitz.

Well basically i dont think it was a wrong choice to wear that dress...I just think that jews are too sensetive and apparently william is not the one blame

Too sensitive? haven't you studied history? or do you think holocoust is something humankind can forget so easily? lifes of millions of people were taken, not just jews but people from many nations including britishs, a royal nor a citizen can't and shouldn't forget that.

cute_girl said:
Well basically i dont think it was a wrong choice to wear that dress...I just think that jews are too sensetive and apparently william is not the one blame

WHATTTTTTTTTTT??????
Are you telling me that it is alrigth to wear a nazi uniform with a swastika on your arm? Have you no shame in your life??:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

wearing a dress in a fancy party doeasnot mean that you've the idea or on the side of those who wore that dress before,it even can mean that you're making fun of them.

cute_girl said:
wearing a dress in a fancy party doeasnot mean that you've the idea or on the side of those who wore that dress before,it even can mean that you're making fun of them.
Are you telling me that prince Harry was making fun of the jews and ther lost of ther family in WW2?
If he is doing that then i think he has no shame in his life. I think it was horribel what the Germans did to over 6 millions jews under WW2. If i was his dad i woud have slaped him and send him direktly to Autswitsh and other of thoes KZ camps her in Europe.

Get a clue! HArry is the prince of the UK, etc. SO tell me why is it ok for him to wear a nazi uniform?????????

Anyway...wait let me get off topiuc for a second more. You see this is what is worng with some of society. Ppl take things too lightly and are easy to brush off. WHat about learning from history and knowing the meaning behind messages/symbols. DOn't take this lightly. BE serious about history and learn from it so we don't make those mistakes again!!!! OK!!!!!!

ANyway of course WIlliam has some responsible and this is b/c he was there and even helped him choose the outfit! WIlliam needs to learn NOW that, as teh future monarch, he will bear the responsibility of his family's actions. In the future when someone of the RF does something stupid, which I am sure we will be on this board talking about, and he is the monarch, ppl are going to question him and see what he has done or will do about it. WIlliam is a bit too childish. He is too hesitant to realize all the implications of his future role. Now I have to say that if William was not present at all then of course it would not be his fault, but he was, and he was very very stupid. Just like HArry. Sure he is a prince and the future king and has just about everything (welll at least materially) that anyone could want. But I cannot like a boy who is as childish and babyish as he. Look at HereditaryGrnad Duke Guillaume. HE is handsome, intelligent (what liek 5 languages), and is readily doing his duties (yeha he is the hereditary grand duke, but you never seeing him sulking and being a big baby liek william has been about his duties). Willliam is so hesitant about doing duties (the guy is 22 friggin years old! get over it!) and he has hardly done any duties and is quite unsure and he talsk about how stubborn he can be. Give me a friggin break. I no longer have a crush on him and I cannot respect a boy who sulks at his duty...

Well, he's still in full-time education, and Charles was rather unhappy at continually having his own education interrupted by royal duties that could probably have been done by others instead. Once William leaves university, and if he doesn't go into the military, he should start full-time royal duties then. If he doesn't, that'd be the time to start complaining about him.

I dont think he should be drag in at all... just because his brother is stupid... he lives a different life with different values... leave him alone

bad_barbarella said:
I dont think he should be drag in at all... just because his brother is stupid... he lives a different life with different values... leave him alone
I think william went dressed up as a lion, would love to have a picture of that

Hereditary Grnad Duke Guillaume is a full-time student at the University of Durham, jsut like Willaim is in university. No more excuses. Let's just face it-the boy is a baby.

The difference being that Guillaume is the next heir to the Grand Duke and William is not the next heir to the Queen. I know a lot of people would prefer to forget that the Prince of Wales exists, but he does, and he's doing full-time royal duties himself. The Queen had to give up her private life and take the throne when she was young, and it didn't seem to do her much good in terms of her marriage or her children; I don't suppose she's wildly keen about pushing William into the same sort of situation.

Elspeth said:
The difference being that Guillaume is the next heir to the Grand Duke and William is not the next heir to the Queen. I know a lot of people would prefer to forget that the Prince of Wales exists, but he does, and he's doing full-time royal duties himself. The Queen had to give up her private life and take the throne when she was young, and it didn't seem to do her much good in terms of her marriage or her children; I don't suppose she's wildly keen about pushing William into the same sort of situation.
I agree with you!

Guillaume would become next heir after his dad but Prince of Wales still heir and throne after his mum the Queen but William will become King of England after his dad and Grandmother the Queen but wait till his dad and Grandmother's death but i think his dad will become good King.Or many people wanted William as King its would be totally absoutley about 100%

Sara Boyce

Elspeth said:
I agree. Willaiam should start doing more royal duties, but their will be probably 30-35 yrs before he is king, and The Queen is in perfect health, so he does not have to throw himself into his royal role completely as The Queen had to do at his age.

Reina said:
Get a clue! HArry is the prince of the UK, etc. SO tell me why is it ok for him to wear a nazi uniform?????????

Anyway...wait let me get off topiuc for a second more. You see this is what is worng with some of society. Ppl take things too lightly and are easy to brush off. WHat about learning from history and knowing the meaning behind messages/symbols. DOn't take this lightly. BE serious about history and learn from it so we don't make those mistakes again!!!! OK!!!!!!

ANyway of course WIlliam has some responsible and this is b/c he was there and even helped him choose the outfit! WIlliam needs to learn NOW that, as teh future monarch, he will bear the responsibility of his family's actions. In the future when someone of the RF does something stupid, which I am sure we will be on this board talking about, and he is the monarch, ppl are going to question him and see what he has done or will do about it. WIlliam is a bit too childish. He is too hesitant to realize all the implications of his future role. Now I have to say that if William was not present at all then of course it would not be his fault, but he was, and he was very very stupid. Just like HArry. Sure he is a prince and the future king and has just about everything (welll at least materially) that anyone could want. But I cannot like a boy who is as childish and babyish as he. Look at HereditaryGrnad Duke Guillaume. HE is handsome, intelligent (what liek 5 languages), and is readily doing his duties (yeha he is the hereditary grand duke, but you never seeing him sulking and being a big baby liek william has been about his duties). Willliam is so hesitant about doing duties (the guy is 22 friggin years old! get over it!) and he has hardly done any duties and is quite unsure and he talsk about how stubborn he can be. Give me a friggin break. I no longer have a crush on him and I cannot respect a boy who sulks at his duty...
I agree that history is taken way too lightly anymore... there are actually people out there who claim the holocaust never happened... that it's all one big story of propaganda-AS IF!

I think sometimes though the press takes things too far in the way they portray William and HArry. Whether William was with Harry or not the day the uniform was purchased, as well as the day the uniform was actually worn shouldn't matter. William and Harry are two different people. Harry has proven time and time again (especially of late) that he does what he wants, when he wants... why would this be any different? Why should William, Charles or anyone else for that matter have to shoulder any of the responsibility for this incident when it was Harry who bought and wore the uniform?

I think the whole of their social circle should bear the criticism. These are young men and women of enormous privilege who live on the legacies of their ancestors and give nothing back. And for these people to dress up in costumes glorifying an age in the history of the world that witnessed mass enslavement and murder is mortifying. I read recently that there were guys at the party dressed in black face, like in minstrel shows. To me, that's horrifying, and for Prince William and Prince Harry to have been there, with all these spoiled prigs is, to me, an enormous shock. Before this, I was a great fan of them, but, to be honest, I feel sorry for the British people after this incident to have to put up with such stupid and hurtful antics as were exhibited by the princes and their friends.

Last edited:
grecka said:
I think the whole of their social circle should bear the criticism. These are young men and women of enormous privilege who live on the legacies of their ancestors and give nothing back. And for these people to dress up in costumes glorifying an age in the history of the world that witnessed mass enslavement and murder is mortifying. I read recently that there were guys at the party dressed in black face, like in minstrel shows. To me, that's horrifying, and for Prince William and Prince Harry to have been there, with all these spoiled prigs is, to me, an enormous shock. Before this, I was a great fan of them, but, to be honest, I feel sorry for the British people after this incident to have to put up with such stupid and hurtful antics as were exhibited by the princes and their friends.
Very well said grecka. William and Harry both made a terrible choice in attending a party with a "colonial" theme, period. (Who in the world would ever throw a party with such a theme in the first place?) That should've been the first sign that this was not a good party to be attending, especially individuals who have learned about the terrible inequalities and social injustices as a result of colonization and the terrible attrocities of World War II. And that as public individuals, did they really think that a Nazi costume and such a themed-party would go unreported? The British media reports all sorts of mundane details like what kind of soda pop William drinks or what kind of cigarettes Harry smokes -- no one is stupid enough to think that this would go under the radar.

In Canada, I have read a lot of talk and fervor over cutting completely off all ties with the British monarchy in light of this recent incident. At best Canadians were indifferent about having Queen Elizabeth II as our official, although symbolic, head of state. But this very public incident of Harry in the Nazi costume has been stupidly embarassing beyond words and many Canadians don't want to be affiliated with anyone either so insensitive or so ignorant.

I think this is one incident too many for most people. And this time an apology from Harry and even a visit to a concentration camp won't be enough.

harry is a grown man

Ellie2 said:

harry is 20! william doesn't have to have him run every little outfit by him!

I think William is to blame because he was with Harry when he picked out the costume and since William has accepted blame himself I think perhaps he may have even encouraged Harry with his costume choice. My brother isn't even a whole year younger then me but I still tell him when he's doing something stupid and do my best to talk him out of it.

I don't think William should be responsible for a decision that Harry made on his on. Harry and William are two different people!

Juls said:
I don't think William should be responsible for a decision that Harry made on his on. Harry and William are two different people!
quiet agree

Juls said:

But we don't know how much William had to do with making this decision. They both went shopping together and for all we know the costume could have been William's idea. I think the fact that William feels he is to blame may be an indicator that he was more involved then we think in this decision.

"I am not my brother's keeper..."

Had this happened when Harry was 13 years old, I could understand blaming William for it. An average fifteen year old has more rational thoughts, and awareness of consequenses, than a thirteen year old.

Since Harry is twenty... I see it as quite pointless to try to blame William. Certainly William should have tried to talk him out of it, but in the end the final responsibility has to lie on Harry's shoulders and he should take the responsibility for his actions like a man.

What I also want to know: How could someone rent out the costume like that in the first place? I can quite see why they would have it, and rent it out to groups performing plays on stage... but renting it out to a single person? I find that fairly questionable as well.

The thing is not just about Harry's bad taste. It is also a matter of the education system in Great Britain. When someone can come out from it, and do something like that... the perception on history is clearly something that should be fixed.

I vote for no. I think that even though William could have perhaps advised Harry against his choice of dress, he is only two years older than him, so Harry himself should have saw the consequences.

Although I believe the choice of costume is wrong and distasteful (particularly as it is so close to Holocaust Day) I think it will be a learning-curve for Harry - or at least I hope it will be!

Reina said:
is so hesitant about doing duties (the guy is 22 friggin years old! get over it!) and he has hardly done any duties and is quite unsure and he talsk about how stubborn he can be. Give me a friggin break. I no longer have a crush on him and I cannot respect a boy who sulks at his duty...

I have to disagree with you on that point, William is 22 and he will have a lifetime to fulfil his duties. People forget that his 2nd in line to the thrown NOT THE HEIR TO THE THROWN that mean he was more time to find himself.

William is breaking many of the boundaries that the royal families have set themselves he has chosen to study at St Andrews apposed to Oxford or Cambridge he was the first British monarch not to have home-schooling. I think by spending, as much time as people away from royal protocol he's in fact better equipping himself as a future king. He is submerging himself in the reality of life as apposed to the theatrical working of royal courts, i.e. Opening shopping centres or launching ships.

He's already involved in The Princes Trust and said he will continue to work with for his mother's aids cause. Look at Charles he started doing "royal duties" from about the age of 17! Yet when questioned most people prefer William to be the next king. Because most people can relate to William rather than Charles, who is as far away from the real world as is possible.

When he did the BBC interview he came across as a realist who understood his duties but refused to back down on his (and his mothers) wish to live as normal a life as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom