General News for the Wales Family 1: September 2022-March 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is quite surprising but indicates that it was a major abdominal surgery involving a significant incision. I imagine they decided to give the maximum expected hospital stay with the hope of leaving early. Much easier, press wise, to say one is leaving early rather than having to say the Princess will be extending her stay in the hospital increasing any concern.

Good point,manage expectations.

It is quite surprising but indicates that it was a major abdominal surgery involving a significant incision. I imagine they decided to give the maximum expected hospital stay with the hope of leaving early. Much easier, press wise, to say one is leaving early rather than having to say the Princess will be extending her stay in the hospital increasing any concern.

I wish Kate a speedy recovery, but the press release is poorly written. By being so vague it is inviting speculation, especially when the hospital stay and recovery time is so long. Right away, they have to deny that it was cancer related.

There is an information vacuum, and it will be filled with rumours and wide speculations. This is more so since Kate is young and in the prime of her life. If she was in her 70s like Charles, you can just blame it on old age. But for someone in her 40s to be in the hospital for 2 weeks? People will have questions.

And the concern is that the internal sutures don't rip. You can see the outside stitches but not inside and that can be a huge problem. Wishing her a quick recovery!

I wish Kate a speedy recovery, but the press release is poorly written. By being so vague it is inviting speculation, especially when the hospital stay and recovery time is so long. Right away, they have to deny that it was cancer related.

There is an information vacuum, and it will be filled with rumours and wide speculations. This is more so since Kate is young and in the prime of her life. If she was in her 70s like Charles, you can just blame it on old age. But for someone in her 40s to be in the hospital for 2 weeks? People will have questions.

I wound usually agree that it’s better to be clear and upfront with statements like this one, but the problem is that the situation with Kate’s health may still be evolving, and she and William may not have all the answers yet themselves. If they were dealing with something simple and straightforward she wouldn’t need to stay in hospital for up to two weeks, and if they gave a partial answer to a complicated issue in their statement there would still be questions and speculation.

I think they should be more forthcoming at some point, but it’s better to wait until Kate is completely stable and they know exactly what they’re dealing with and what the plan is (and have had a chance to discuss everything with the children).

It's possible that she just wants to keep the details private. Abdominal surgery is probably gynaecological or possibly gastric, and those aren't things that people usually discuss with all and sundry.

There is a reason that the statement explicitly requests that her privacy regarding her medical issues is respected. My take is that it is Catherine's strong preference that her diagnosis is not shared with the public. She considers that private information. I am sure when they made that decision, they realized that it might lead to speculation but preferred that over sharing more intimate medical details.

There is a reason that the statement explicitly requests that her privacy regarding her medical issues is respected. My take is that it is Catherine's strong preference that her diagnosis is not shared with the public. She considers that private information. I am sure when they made that decision, they realized that it might lead to speculation but preferred that over sharing more intimate medical details.

I agree with this and I hope she is able to keep her medical information private, which should be a basic human right. I consider it similar to a workplace just on a much bigger scale. If it’s a colleague, I will be informed they are going on medical leave and the expected duration but beyond that it is very much not my business unless voluntarily disclosed by the person.

I agree with this and I hope she is able to keep her medical information private, which should be a basic human right. I consider it similar to a workplace just on a much bigger scale. If it’s a colleague, I will be informed they are going on medical leave and the expected duration but beyond that it is very much not my business unless voluntarily disclosed by the person.

The truth is that even if there had been a fuller disclosure about Catherine's condition, there still would have been speculation, because that's the way media and social media is these days. Even if we had all been given access to the surgeon's report there would have been people speculating about what was being withheld, etc. There is absolutely no public need for anyone to know one iota more information about her medical condition that she is willing to make public.

:previous: Absolutely right. I fail to understand a lot of media reports that have been published that are essentially a demand for full disclosure of Catherine's medical records. Just who the hell do they think they are, Catherine married into the British Royal Family. Contrary to pervasive aura of entitlement, of the media or fanatical fans, she did not sell her soul to the devil or, in this case, the media and a few fanatical fans. ?

HRH The Princess of Wales also pleads for privacy of her children. I can't imagine what they're going through without people playing doctor for their mother.

German media reporting PoW has cancelled his schedule till easter?
Is this true or fake, like so often?
Txs.

:walesflag2:
Prince William is living difficult moments with so many challenges. His wife now in the hospital, his father's surgery and, as the next in line. he should be acting as a regent, too, while his father the king recovers.

A lot of pressure on his shoulders in the next following weeks and we all hope for the best for him and his family.

He's cancelled his engagements until Kate is out of hospital, which should only be a couple of weeks. Nothing's been said about anything later, as far as I know.

:walesflag2:
Prince William is living difficult moments with so many challenges. His wife now in the hospital, his father's surgery and, as the next in line. he should be acting as a regent, too, while his father the king recovers.

A lot of pressure on his shoulders in the next following weeks and we all hope for the best for him and his family.

William is not acting as a regent furing Charles's hospital stay. That's not how it works in the UK. The king is still attending to his kingly duties. If it was truly needed for someone to step in for a specific duty two Counsellors of State would be appointed.

Last edited:
I wish Princess Catherine perfect health and the Daily Fail was blowing out of proportion this medical situation.

William was driving " a £139,000 electric Audi E-Tron GT Carbon Vorsprung, "
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...liam-visits-kate-middleton-london-clinic.html
very nice car!

Hope Kate has a quick and safe recovery

I loathe the way the Daily Fail has chosen to focus on the car in their report. So typical of them to find something to stir dissatisfaction amongst the populace.

I hope William is finding support from family and friends during this testing time.

[.....] obviously things like appendicitis would need to be dealt with immediately but it is interesting they specified the non cancerous nature. obviously, kate is entitled to her privacy when it comes to such things but it does seem like a long recovery. hope all is well with her. it seems strange timing too with charles prostate announcement, as there's so many senior royals out of action now. whatever it was, it sounds like there was some sort of urgency to the matter or they have spaced it out otherwise to not coincide with charles? i guess we will never know.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a complete Hysterectomy (Laprascopic) done a couple years ago and I went home the same day.
Same when my Gall Bladder was removed.
I hope all is well with the Princess of Wales.

Several posts that were either speculative or invited speculation have been deleted.

This is the third moderator note reminding members of the forum rule prohibiting speculation, and further posts along those lines will be removed. In addition, they may result in further actions being taken by the moderators.

I'm not sure how reputable The Times or Roya Nikkhah is, nor what the article actually says (it's behind a paywall), but this article title says that HRH The Princess of Wales will work from her hospital bed: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...dominal-surgery-hospital-royal-news-jmsr89mt0. I don't know whether that is a figurative plan or an actual one. Can anyone with access to The Times summarize the article here?

Yes i’ll post an archived version now. It says nothing new just that Catherine might still speak to her office and work on her causes such as Early Years behind the scenes as she does now.

Link here: https://archive.is/MLQzV

I'm not sure how reputable The Times or Roya Nikkhah is, nor what the article actually says (it's behind a paywall), but this article title says that HRH The Princess of Wales will work from her hospital bed: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...dominal-surgery-hospital-royal-news-jmsr89mt0. I don't know whether that is a figurative plan or an actual one. Can anyone with access to The Times summarize the article here?

The Times is considered to be one of the more reputable British broadsheets (not a tabloid) in the UK.
The Court Circular is printed in it.

Roya Nikkah is a well known royal reporter for The Times.

If the Princess is feeling up to doing short periods involving some light correspondence work from her hospital bed, it would possible IMO.

Last edited:
I doubt she'll be working from hospital, but she might do some work by.phone or e-mail once she's home, although you can feel very tired for a few weeks after surgery.

He's cancelled his engagements until Kate is out of hospital, which should only be a couple of weeks. Nothing's been said about anything later, as far as I know.

Txs. At least an advantage he has as a royal.

Maybe the diagnosis is not so simple and instead of re- hospitalising which would cause more drama in public and media AND for my kids,
they chose to keep her in hospital for a longer period from the beginning
plus this gives the chance to "dig deeper", test and examine ....and get the results from during the surgery etc ...
sounds very normal to me, I had done so myself especially when my children are still young.nothing is more scary for children as if Mum has to go to hospital twice.

Again all the best. But lets not forget how privileged they are, William& fam. have all help one could get, best healthcare ...
prayers for Kate !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom