Engagement of Prince William to Catherine Middleton: November 16, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The giving of his mother's engagement ring to Catherine is a great disappointment to me. I had hoped she would have her own ring.

I think it is a very touching and sentimental gesture. It is a very beautiful ring and I'm sure it means a great deal to William. I am happy that Kate will wear it.

FYI ~ London is FIVE hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time. The photo shoot is suppose to happen shortly. The interview will occur at 7:00 PM, London time.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I thought it had been said that Prince Harry had his mother's ring?

She's been Kate Middleton far too long for me to ever refer her as Catherine the Princess or whatever title she will gain later on in life.

But either way, congratulations to them both! They must be very happy. :)

No photocall as of yet, but usually the BRF is pretty timely, so hopefully the 7 pm interview will go off without a hitch (no pun intended).
Congrats to the couple (!), but I thought Harry got Diana's ring?

I hope she doesn't wear the Spencer Tiara to represent Diana's side of the family at the wedding. To many references to Diana would take away from the happy couple!
Can't wait to see the interview oh and poor Camilla having to look at that ring at events LOL she can't get away from Diana ever either.

I watched a montage that was put together for TV last night and could not believe that it was more about Diana than Catherine. Each photo of Catherine was on a split screen with a photo of Diana, with comments like "Kate is only an inch shorter than Diana." WHAT???!!!

We celebrated Diana, now it is Catherine's turn to have ALL the attention.

I think it is actually very touching that he gave his mother's ring to her. From the love of his mother to the love of his life. It shows how much both women mean to him. Very touching.
I think it is touching too but if I were in Kate's place , I would prefer any kind of ring over this for an engagement - it just seems as a "too much" thing to me: too many comparisons, too much pressure,and perhaps the thoughts of many people about this ring marking the beginning of an unlucky marriage in the past. Perhaps it would have been better if William offered this ring to her in another occasion, like the birth of a child

Woot! Two royal weddings next year. And they're the two families that we hear about the most in the US. I hope they will broadcast them live, but there's we have online streaming now. I hope AP, Reuters, etc. don't pull what they did w/ Crown Princess Victoria's wedding.

Two royal weddings? who else is getting married? I think she'll wear Princess Diana's wedding tiara.

:britflag: :castle3: :onering: :fireworks: :champagne: :heart2:

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I thought it had been said that Prince Harry had his mother's ring?
I'm not sure, but I know in her will, Diana left most of her personal jewelry to Harry because she knew as the "spare" his inheritance would be much smaller than William's (who will have access to the royal jewels, estates, etc. when he is king).

When start the photo call?

Didn't Diana wear the Spencer tiara? I don't think Kate will wear it, as she is no Spencer :)

Two royal weddings? who else is getting married? I think she'll wear Princess Diana's wedding tiara.

:britflag: :castle3: :onering: :fireworks: :champagne: :heart2:
Prince Albert of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock ofcourse. And I don't care if they're not really royalty. Noble blood is still noble blood. (not anymore anyway)

I think it is actually very touching that he gave his mother's ring to her. From the love of his mother to the love of his life. It shows how much both women mean to him. Very touching.

Getting ahead of myself here but, if they every have a daughter ( I think that she will be named Diana).

For some crazy reason I thought that the Ring was left for Harry. My BAD OK, I missed the post above. I am gald that I am not the only one who thought this.

Howl. I don't know what to think of Diana's engagement ring for Kate. Omens aside, it is sentimental.

Congratulations to the happy couple. I also thought Prince Harry had Diana's engagement ring. I was hoping that Catherine would get her own ring, as Diana's ring comes with so much.........stuff.

Dang - they just said she got D's ring.

Didn't Diana wear the Spencer tiara? I don't think Kate will wear it, as she is no Spencer :)
Yes, I think catherine will wear other tiara.

james dimbleby was saying that a title, likely a dukedom, will be created for william. only other thing that would make this all perfect is if diana was here to celebrate. i'm sure she would be so very proud.

Prince Albert II of Monaco in July 2011. I don't think Catherine will wear Diana's wedding tiara because that belongs to the Spencer family. The Cambridge Lover's Knot is more likely, but I'm hoping they take something out of the vaults for her! The CLK tiara hadn't been worn for a while when Diana received it so it seems likely Catherine will get a "new" one.. It was great to see some Delhi Dunbar on Camilla since we had only seen it previously in black and white photos. Ooo, I'm checking out Geoffrey Munn's book and flipping through it.

Aww I love the reasoning of the ring being given to her.

OMG, I am so thrilled by this news! When I came home, my mother said to me 'it seems like Prince William is getting married'.
After having read so many rumours and gossip about it, the first thing I said was 'says who?' She said 'it's in De Telegraaf (biggest Dutch newspaper)'. I came online, checked it out and read Clarence House in the sentence. Then I knew it was official and I was so excited that I jumped through my room and the roof almost went off.
I said 'it's like my brother is getting married'.

I'm very happy for them, and am very curious for the official photo(s).

I'm seeing it on BBC, they look so happy!

Wow, I am actually surprised by this news (that William and Kate got engaged). I really thought they would wait a few more years. I wish them all the best, and I actually feel kind of sorry for both of them now. I think it was the right time to get married, but the press attention now will never end.

I'm also very surprised that William would give Kate Diana's ring. It shows he loved his mother, but I'm not sure I would want the ring from such an ill-fated marriage.

Wow so many flashlights, they must be blind after the photocall :D

How horrible! the photographers are being asked to stop flashing for a moment, but they don't even listen.
They must be blinded by all those flashes.

She looks good in that shade of blue, William looks really happy.
BBC has coverage now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom