Christening of Prince Louis of Cambridge: July 9, 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Beautiful family Kate is glowing and I think that Louis is one contented baby. Third babies often are my 3rd was loving the older siblings etc

I quite like these official photos, the palette is muted but happy. When I first saw Duchess of Sussex's green dress, I suspected the room for the official photos would have tinges of green. I now wonder if during events like these where official photos are taken afterwards, if everyone who would be in the photos are given a palette or color mood board of sorts beforehand and from there they pick the color of their outfits. Perhaps even more explicit instructions for the men like -- guys we wear blue or teal ties and blue suit (fabric sample enclosed) lol.

The newest picture of a beaming Prince Louis is just beautiful! I think both Cambridge boys favour the Middleton side while Charlotte favours the Windsors.

I quite like these official photos, the palette is muted but happy. When I first saw Duchess of Sussex's green dress, I suspected the room for the official photos would have tinges of green. I now wonder if during events like these where official photos are taken afterwards, if everyone who would be in the photos are given a palette or color mood board of sorts beforehand and from there they pick the color of their outfits. Perhaps even more explicit instructions for the men like -- guys we wear blue or teal ties and blue suit (fabric sample enclosed) lol.

Besides the plant I don’t see any tinges of green. And seeing as all the women are in blue or cream it will be odd for them to as her to wear green of any shade..
In fact I thought the other way regarding her green dress, that the color will make her stand out and clash with the rest of the family who were all wearing the same color scheme. I was right.
Not sure who choose the dress, if it was an assistant or Meghan herself. Either way a very poor color choice.
I saw pics of DoC and Meghan at Wimbledon; This would have been the perfect event to use those white pants she wore, or even that white dress I saw she wore to ascot.
In fact she should have switched them, wear the green dress to ascot and the ascot dress to the christening.

Everybody else look lovely and very much in-synched not only color palate wise, but synergy wise.
Loved the paintings of the queen and the DoE in the back.

Absolutely loving the single shot of the duchess and baby Louis.

Last edited:
Aww very cute shot of a smiling Louis though why two photographers? Interesting.

Besides the plant I don’t see any tinges of green. And seeing as all the women are in blue or cream it will be odd for them to as her to wear green of any shade..
In fact I thought the other way regarding her green dress, that the color will make her stand out and clash with the rest of the family who were all wearing the same color scheme. I was right.
Not sure who choose the dress, if it was an assistant or Meghan herself. Either way a very poor color choice.
I saw pics of DoC and Meghan at Wimbledon; This would have been the perfect event to use those white pants she wore, or even that white dress I saw she wore to ascot.
In fact she should have switched them, wear the green dress to ascot and the ascot dress to the christening.

Everybody else look lovely and very much in-synched not only color palate wise, but synergy wise.
Loved the paintings of the queen and the DoE in the back.

Absolutely loving the single shot of the duchess and baby Louis.

To me, the final photos make sense, IMO. She fits right in, especially with the overall tone of the photos in post-processing. The idea is for the entire group to look tied together, more harmonization of colors rather than to have a uniform and to look completely "matchy matchy," as that's just too much. (The Swedes like to do overdo the color matching in their family photos and much as I love them, I think it's too much) Plus had she worn white, it would have been too much with the two DoCs already wearing that color.

Apologies to the mods, if I got out of topic. I moonlight as an interior designer and do get obsessed with colors, lol. :D

Anytime we have family photos the photographer has asked us all to wear mainly pale blue My friends family’s have been the same. I wouldn’t have any idea why but it must be for some good reason

Wonderful photos the Duchess is beaming ,what a lovely family.

William and Catherine produced some beautiful kids! What’s even more important is that they got what wanted, a happy marriage and happy family.

The shot of just the Cambridge 5 in front of the backdrop reminds me of the family photo they used last year for their Christmas card, which was obviously taken at George’s birthday.

The similarity makes me think that one will be used later for some purpose other than marking the christening.

Part of me also hopes this means that, over the years, we’ll periodically get a photo of everyone standing before a blank backdrop. Taken all together those eventually could be a fun way to gauge the kids’ growth since everything else would be fairly consistent from photo to photo.

I've never seen Kate look so happy- and so adoring!
Let's hope she doesn't play favorites. :lol:

I hope Louis isn't their last, Kate still has time on her side for one more ;)

I've never seen Kate look so happy- and so adoring!
Let's hope she doesn't play favorites. :lol:

Of course she is going to play favorites. Each child will be her favorite child for different reasons. :D

Charles seems to have an odd smile but looking at him in the picture when he is next to harry, they look so alike. Megan’s dress looks brown in the photos, I guess they used some sort of filter. The baby is just wonderful and delightful,as are the other children

I wish there had been a picture of Prince Charles with his grandchildren. I don't recall ever seeing one but I think it would be nice.

Agreed. I do think that would have been lovely. However, I absolutely love the picture of the Cambridges, the Sussexes, and the POW and DoC. I have a feeling that one might end up nicely displayed on Charles' desk or in the reception rooms of Clarence House. It definitely struck me as one of those pictures that Charles will have on show for a long time to come and rightly so as it's a beautiful photo of all of his nearest and dearest.

Last edited:
I suspect that we will probably be getting a Charles and his grandchildren picture come 2019 when there likely is a new addition to it. I actually hope we get an updated one with The Queen and the youngest members of the BRF as well.

Overall these photos were beautiful and then newest one of the Duchess with a laughing Louis....oh my! What a beautifully happy baby and a glowing and besotted mother. I'm not in love with the photo of the five of them in front of the gray backdrop but it's not awful, either. The children are adorable. I think I just might have preferred a photo the five of them in the gardens or somewhere a little less...blah. Definitely my favorite christening photos so far from the Cambridges, though, with the exception of the "four monarchs" picture from George's christening. I have to say, George's grin and Charlotte's "little mother" touch absolutely made these for me. This is definitely a family that is truly happy and not just putting on a good show for the cameras.

IMO prince William looks a bit like his cousin lord Frederick WIndsor, the son of Princess and Prince of Kent.

I hope Louis isn't their last, Kate still has time on her side for one more ;)

If there is an intention to have four, methinks Kate will try sooner rather than later for the spacing. ;) Given George and Charlotte are tightly spaced, Louis could use a close sibling, too. Though Louis' cousin (Pippa's child) would serve, too.

Last edited:
I find Prince George to be all Middleton. Princess Charlotte is pretty much Windsor to me but Prince Louis looks about down the middle.

It’s nice to know the family keeps a private album of pics we never see unless they get leaked.

I find Prince George to be all Middleton. Princess Charlotte is pretty much Windsor to me but Prince Louis looks about down the middle.

It’s nice to know the family keeps a private album of pics we never see unless they get leaked.

I agree 100%.

Wow, such gorgeous family photos. I love the way the Duchess of Cambridge is gazing down at Prince Louis in the photo where she's standing with the Duke of Cambridge, Prince George and Princess Charlotte while holding Prince Louis in her arms.

What a beautiful family. Diana PofW must be showering them with love and blessings in another realm. They are such a charming couple, and they have the sweetest young children ever. So very lovely. May God continue to bless this happy family.

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrit...ge-charlotte-in-official-pics/happy-family-2/

All of the photos are wonderful. Everyone seems to be in such happy spirits.

I think Prince George takes after his Grandpa Middleton, but he has the blond hair that comes from William's side of the family. Also, his legs appear to be slightly knock-kneed like the Windsors. Otherwise, dark brown eyes and facial features are from the Middleton side. Prince George's charm is a mixture of Windsor, Spencer, and Middleton obviously. At the royal wedding, Prince George wore long pants for the first time, but he seemed rather shy walking down the aisle with his eyes downcast, holding Jasper Dyer's hand. George's interaction with his cousin Savannah at TTC was the cutest. They clearly share a fun relationship. At other times in public, George seems as if he could do without all the attention. Princess Charlotte OTOH reminds me somewhat of a feisty Princess Anne, mixed with a strong-minded Princess Elizabeth, and a charming Princess Diana. Charlotte is going to have the press and public eating out of her hands, and then some!

It's rather too early to tell about Prince Louis. He does look as if he's going to have dark hair. It will be cool if he has dark hair and blue eyes. I'm glad to finally see pictures where he's fully awake and smiling.

Last edited:
I suspect that we will probably be getting a Charles and his grandchildren picture come 2019 when there likely is a new addition to it. I actually hope we get an updated one with The Queen and the youngest members of the BRF as well.

I would think there's a better chance of it being later this year, in celebration of Charles' 70th birthday. Just like the Queen picture you referenced came out for her 90th birthday. So this November, I wouldn't be surprised if we get a picture of Charles and his 3 grandchildren.

I reckon Charlotte will be stealing the show whenever the Cambridges have family outings or events - she's such a sweet and lively little character. I'll bet it's great fun but hard work to spend the day with her, haha. She seems to be a very attentive and caring big sister too, I love the way she's leaning into baby Louis in the group photo. George has such a cute little impish grin on his face in the photo too; I really like the relaxed atmosphere.
Louis is a beautiful baby; he does remind me a lot of Charlotte at that age because Charlotte had the same complexion as Louis and similar eyes as a young baby, IMO. I think the extra photo that was released is actually my favourite, I can see why they wanted to release it because it's super sweet! Louis's happy little face is too adorable and I love how he's holding onto Catherine.
I do agree that it did seem like something was missing with HM and Philip not being there, but HM was there in her own way on the walls as Ellie Cat pointed out! ?

Back
Top Bottom