Royal Family of the Kingdom of Bahrain (Al Khalifa Dynasty) Part 1: Mar 2004-Mar2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Turmoil in the Kingdom of Bahrain

The king of Bahrain has gone on television to announce an investigation into the deaths of two protesters killed in clashes with security forces on Monday.
On Tuesday, a mourner was shot dead at the funeral of one of those killed when police fired a barrage of tear gas and rubber bullets in the capital, Manama.
Sheikh Hamad bin Issa Al Khalifa also offered his condolences to the men's families. - BBC article + video

From the Washington Post:

"Bahrain's king tried to restore calm by appointing his son, the crown prince, to lead a dialogue with anti-government demonstrators, most of them Shiite Muslims, who are demanding greater representation and other democratic reforms in a country where most power is wielded by the Sunni minority."

I remember nearly 10 years ago (more or less) a Bahrain princess ran with her lover, an American lieutenant(or other military degree),they moved to the US and got married ,if I am not wrong.Her family was very much against that marriage.It was on TV and in papers.Does anyone know her name and what happened to her after?

... a Bahrain princess ran with her lover, an American lieutenant(or other military degree),they moved to the US and got married... Does anyone know her name and what happened to her after?
Our forum has a special thread about the princess.

The government in Bahrain took the rather heavy-handed move of deciding to really crack down on public assemblies, and in fact, to demolish the famous Pearl Monument. It was a favorite place for visitors and picture taking, now completely gone, as this was the public square where protestors and concerned citizens were meeting.

Bahrain demolishes Pearl Monument, site of protests - CNN.com

In the end, destroying monuments is not a good way of quelling protests. Bahrain loses part of its own history, and people will surely not forget it used to be there.

Is born in 14/02/1993
Khalid was born in 23/9/1989

4 years the difference is not very large
I Arai they are suitable
Did not marry until graduating from high school princess Sahab

Sorry, I mistook him with his half-brother Khalifa, who is nearly 34 already.

So similar names:ROFLMAO:

precious pics thanks Khalidi.
they are pretty ladies do you know anything about their activities in Bahrain.

@Shrifia : I don't know anything:sad:I hope that other members answer, if they have any information ^^

Does the mother of nasser and khalid come from Saudi Arabia? And is she from well-known and respected family or we don't know anything?:)

Nasser was letting the lady know that his daughter attends all his races and was trying for her to shake the presenters hand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awww....:wub: she's very cute....:):flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ruler of Sharjah's condolences on the death of Sheikha Mozah bint Hamad AlKhalifa

Sheikh Sultan bin Mohammed Al Qasimi, Supreme Council Member and Ruler of Sharjah has sent a condolence cable to His Majesty King Hamad bin Eisa of Bahrain, on the death of Sheikha Mozah bint Hamad Al Khalifa. - WAM

Does the mother of nasser and khalid come from Saudi Arabia? And is she from well-known and respected family or we don't know anything?:)

1) Everything I've read has said that she's from Kuwait.

2) On the wedding invitation for Nasser she was named as just Shaia Bint Hassan Al Krayyesh Al Ajmi, so she wasn't a Sheikha by birth. But if her family wasn't well-known, I don't know how she could have met Hamad. There usually isn't a lot of information on the wives of the Gulf rulers. I don't think we even know the names of King Hamad's two other wives. :lol:

White House to Host Bahrain Royal to Push Reform - WSJ.com
The White House will host Bahrain's crown prince next week, according to senior U.S. officials, in a bid to push for political liberalization in the tiny Persian Gulf sheikdom.
The Obama administration views Crown Prince Salman bin Hamad bin Isa al-Khalifa as the senior Bahraini government official most in favor of liberalizing Manama's political system, and hope the visit will lend support to his efforts to ease his government's harsh response to the uprising. "We think the crown prince is a serious interlocutor, and we see value in engaging with him directly," said a senior administration official.

Bahrain News Agency | HM King Hamad Visits Al-Mahmoods and Al-Musallams
The Kingdom of Bahrain will overcome the crisis and re-emerge stronger. "Crises don't scare us. A crisis flares up only to abate for development to be set back in motion", His Majesty King Hamad bin Isa Al-Khalifa today said, urging national unity for Bahrain to be put on the path of progress and prosperity.

HM the King was speaking as he made separate visits to the majlissses of Al-Mahmoods and Al-Musallams in Hid City, accompanied by his personal representative Shaikh Abdulla bin Hamad Al-Khalifa and Shaikh Nasser bin Hamad Al-Khalifa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom