Princess Madeleine, Current Events Part 8: May 2010 - June 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been told in many press articles, that Jonas had told Madeleine right after the thing with Tora April 2009, that he was accused of having slept with another woman. I don´t think that he had confessed the relationship to Madeleine.
It would have been best for Madeleine to come home and take part at the National Day festivities. At them Victoria and Daniel were at the center of attention, and even though Madeleine would have been there, it would have been quite easy for her with the whole Royal Family. I just hope that she will be present at the dinner in Götheborg the 16th June, so that the media will get their photos and at the wedding day Victoria will get all the attention she deserves.

But didn't she know that before she got engaged? The problem was that the press made that public, imo more than sad she is angry.

If I am to believe what I read, they had broken up a year before the engagement and she was surprised when he proposed.
The Palace had to make the separation public, they just did not factor in the bimbo effect, I suppose.
I agree, I would be furious too.

If I am to believe what I read, they had broken up a year before the engagement and she was surprised when he proposed.
The Palace had to make the separation public, they just did not factor in the bimbo effect, I suppose.
I agree, I would be furious too.

I agree, I would be angry and humilated as well. It's a week until the wedding, though, and she really needs to pony up, shake it off and support her sister on her wedding day. She's not the first to be jilted and heaven knows, she won't be the last. At least she didn't find out about his affair AFTER she married him....:hmm:

I am getting a very very bad feeling about this.

Madeline knew about the infidelity and still accepted the proposal (some are suggesting that they were even broken up BEFORE he proposed). This leads me to the conclusion that Madeline only accepted to steal Victoria's thunder. If she was willing to marry a man a man who cheated on her just to one-up her sister (and Madeline/Jonas are a more fairytale couple than Victoria/ Daniel in the physical sense) that says a lot about what kind of a person Madeline is.

We are at a week to the wedding and it seems she is still not in Sweden. It is not hard to assume that she is her sister's bridesmaid/matron of honor- She should have been back ages ago.

It would have been best for Madeleine to come home and take part at the National Day festivities.

I totally agree. She has to know that the longer she waits, the more attention she'll take away from her sister on her big day. And really, she's making it worse for herself too - I can only imagine how embarrassing the whole thing has been, but the longer she waits the bigger the deal the press will make of her situation.

When all this started, I was annoyed that Madeleine would miss so many of the pre-wedding stuff, but I never questioned that she would be back for the wedding itself. Now I'm beginning to consider a no-show at the wedding as a serious possibility.

Which would be incredible. And very selfish. I'm having a hard time imagining anyone else I know skipping their sister's wedding for any reason. If she misses it, I think she'll really regret it someday - this is (hopefully) only going to happen once for Victoria, and it's sad that Madeleine isn't mature enough to realize it.

That said, I almost hope she doesn't come. If she's not at the wedding, we'll just have a few mentions of it in the press, but everything else will be Victoria and Daniel. But if she returns to Sweden just days before, half the photos and commentary will be about Madeleine.

One article mentions that Victoria will only have one bridesmaid so my guess is that it is Mado. But if you ask me, after this wedding, Mado should follow in her aunts footsteps and quietly fade away and get a real job or something.

Follow in the footsteps of her aunt...which aunt?

Any of them, though Princess Christina seems to be the best route.

All of the above being said, I sincerely hope Madeline comes back in time. The journalists give all their attention to Victoria and to a lesser degree to her parents who will celebrate their 34th wedding anniversary on the 19th and leave Madeleine alone.

there was actually no need for a statement. She would be at the wedding, and everyone could have seen her, and thats that.

I think it was wise to make a statement. If not, we would be talking about if Madeline shows up at the wedding and/or what type of person she is to skip her sisters wedding.

Now we do know she will show up, and if she is already in Sweden...we should hopefully see here so its not a big shock on the 19th.

But it would have also done it to finally fill the schedule for June 16-18 out.
To thank the people for the support to her (while most Swedes did criticise her) has an odd touch.
And her plans for autumn smell like "dolce vita in NYC" (but here she might surprise us)

I am glad that P Madeleine is back in Sweden.Now she has to stop coasting on her looks and get down to the practicalities of the wedding at hand.Hopefully she has recovered enough to be of assistance to her sister at this time where she will go through a 'rite of passage'

Well, the royal court decided to press the panic button after the mess Madeleine has caused... Was it necessary to point out that Madeleine is very pleased to attend the wedding?. She will return abroad after the summer to work for the World Childhood Foundation.

Daniel Nyhlén writes in his blog that Madeleine´s choice to live abroad doesn´t come as a surprise to those familiar with her. This means that she will rarely participate in public events. Instead, she will live a much less watched life in New York, with her friends. How much time will the princess spend at her work for the World Childhood Foundation will be seen later.
Madeleine lämnar Sverige – bosätter sig utomlands | Daniel Nyhléns kungliga blogg - SvenskDam

How much time will the princess spend at her work for the World Childhood Foundation will be seen later.
If she does go back to NYC, we two know already now, what it is really about ;)

The Princess is greatly pleased to return! She shouldn't have a choice to be there or not to begin with. I'm glad the court released a statement but it shouldn't be a matter of if the bride's sister will be attending. It's like the court wasn't sure she would actually be there.

Well, the royal court decided to press the panic button after the mess Madeleine has caused... Was it necessary to point out that Madeleine is very pleased to attend the wedding?. She will return abroad after the summer to work for the World Childhood Foundation.

Daniel Nyhlén writes in his blog that Madeleine´s choice to live abroad doesn´t come as a surprise to those familiar with her. This means that she will rarely participate in public events. Instead, she will live a much less watched life in New York, with her friends. How much time will the princess spend at her work for the World Childhood Foundation will be seen later.
Madeleine lämnar Sverige – bosätter sig utomlands | Daniel Nyhléns kungliga blogg - SvenskDam
LIve with her friends abroad ? What now is she a good time girl after all that and not part of a royal family in which she can be a useful member attending to royal functions out of sheer patriotism? Maybe if she worked at Denny's waitressing that would sober her up. The two sisters are starting to remind me of Princess Caro and Steph.

LIve with her friends abroad ? What now is she a good time girl after all that and not part of a royal family in which she can be a useful member attending to royal functions out of sheer patriotism? Maybe if she worked at Denny's waitressing that would sober her up. The two sisters are starting to remind me of Princess Caro and Steph.

I think this is for the best. I would not be surprised if PM moved to the US permanently. She will probably marry an American guy and settle there with occasional wedding, funeral and christening visits to Sweden, like Princess Raghinald of Norway etc.

An rich american guy, two spoilt kids, divorce (1), looking like an 55 year old leather bag at 40.
Things in my crystal ball are very clear, but not very pretty.

I´d probably also live abroad, if I´d be the daughter of a king, but with her lack of work ethics and commitment, I am not sure, if Madeleine will be able to say "I am satisfied" 10 years from now.

She seemed desperately unhappy with him, but she also seems desperately unhappy without him. I think it will be a long time before we see her with someone else let alone married. She seems to be going into exile and leaving Sweden far behind.

I'm glad that she is back, and I don't think she should consider living abroad, not until Victoria has children old enough to do royal duties.

The cover of Expressen:
Expressen
"The King had enough - forced Madde to come home"

With a week until the wedding, it sure must be time for Maddie to be home. Surely she planned to arrive when she did all along, after all, there are gala's and dinner's to attend this week. Spoilt she may be, but I doubt she would want to spoil her only sister's wedding.

The cover of Expressen:
Expressen
"The King had enough - forced Madde to come home"

Interestin that is when she decides to come home just in time for the wedding they make it seem that the king had enough & forced her back. She is to attened the wedding therefore she was to be back sooner or later.

If she had been back a week or two ago and the headlines came out like that then I would buy it.

She seemed desperately unhappy with him, but she also seems desperately unhappy without him. I think it will be a long time before we see her with someone else let alone married. She seems to be going into exile and leaving Sweden far behind.
She is young and will have many opportunities. Or she may pull a Princess Irene of Greece trick as well.

she's back in sweden, as of June 10:
BelgaPicture - Simple search

odd that with all the speculation and madeleine-watching there hasnt been more made of her being in sweden and cheerfully attending events.

good for her for attending charity events before the wedding, so the focus during the wedding events isn't all about spotting madeleine.

on the other hand, for those who suspect she's an attention-getter: she's at the event with a NY Rangers hockey player, starting the new romance rumors going days before the wedding.

is the goalie sewdish? but plays for new york?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom