Prince Carl Bernadotte (1911-2003) and Family, News 1: July 2003 - March 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Carl Bernadotte (1911-2003) and Family (Wives Elsa, Ann Margareta & Kr...

What was Kristine's title was she Her Highness Princess Kristine Bernadotte?

I have no idea but bear in mind her husband wasn't a royal prince after his marriage instead his title was a Belgian noble title given to him by his brother-in-law King Leopold.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited:
I have no idea but bear in mind her husband wasn't a royal prince after his marriage instead his title was a Belgian noble title given to him by his brother-in-law King Leopold.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Many thanks,possibly Her Excellency ,Princess Kristine Bernadotte.

Most Belgian noble princes are Highness or Serene Highness, but Carl and Kristine used neither.

Most Belgian noble princes are Highness or Serene Highness, but Carl and Kristine used neither.

In practice no any non-royal Belgian Prince is addressed as (Serene) Highness. In almost all cases the form of address is Monseigneur (litterally: My Lord). Also a Prince of the Belgian Royal House is almost always addressed as Monseigneur.

I just watched the series 'The Missing' on Netflix, which was mostly filmed in Belgium. One actress looked familiar. After checking I figured out the name was Astrid Whetnall. Only after a few days I could put the puzzle together, the actress is of course countess Astrid Ullens de Schooten Whetnall, granddaughter of Prince Carl.

Judging from her wikipedia page she is quite a succesful actress in french-speaking Belgium. She even won a Magritte film prize last year.

Her Mother Countess Madeleine and her Brother Count Ullens de Schooten were at the Mass for our deceased Belgian Royals on February 17th.
She is the late Queen Astrid's Niece

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom