General News about Prince Carl Philip & Princess Sofia, Part 1: June 2015 - June 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only for these two. It was the same with V & D and with M & C, because all of them had their honeymoon right in front of the official summer holiday time of the royal family.

I didn't remember that V&D's vacation had costed so much:flowers:. If so my mistake... I guess you are right, I 'd rather see Sofia once in while on a boat vacation that actually do some engagements... :whistling:

@Marty91charmed - the Crown Prince Couple have an official visit to their duchy in Varmland in August; but that's it until Sept 30, according to the Swedish royal court calendar. They are not scheduled to appear at the opening of the Riksdag in September this year. I find that odd considering as a royal fiancee Sofia was there with Carl-Philip at the opening of the Swedish parliament last year. They were present at an event where a team for Project Playground participated; but I thought Sofia quit Project Playground and that appearance is not part of the court calendar. I'm not certain if the king is still trying to figure out how best to deploy them.

@Marty91charmed - the Crown Prince Couple have an official visit to their duchy in Varmland in August; but that's it until Sept 30, according to the Swedish royal court calendar. They are not scheduled to appear at the opening of the Riksdag in September this year. I find that odd considering as a royal fiancee Sofia was there with Carl-Philip at the opening of the Swedish parliament last year. They were present at an event where a team for Project Playground participated; but I thought Sofia quit Project Playground and that appearance is not part of the court calendar. I'm not certain if the king is still trying to figure out how best to deploy them.

Well, maybe it is too early to confirm their presence now... are you sure the king and queen and V&D are listed?

The Prince Couple (not the Crown Prince couple) will visit their duchy Värmland in August. Carl Philip's and Sofia's calendars are updated only concerning August. The court will update Carl Philip's and Sofia's calendars for September later, it is quite sure that they will attend at the events of the opening of the Riksdag like they did last year. Sofia is the Honorary chairman of Project Playground, and at the interviews before the wedding she said that she is going to be a very active one.

Oops my typing mistake and brain cramp. I know Victoria and Daniel are also known as the Crown Princess Couple.

@Marty91charmed - as of this moment only the king, queen and Victoria & Daniel are attending the opening of the Riksdag, along with the church service and show that are tied to the opening. The calendar could be subject to change of course.

It's just over the course of time the court calendar has been flaky when it comes to listing who's attending an event. They're put in or pulled out at the last minute seemingly. The press reports don't help. Expressen reported that Sofia was attending Queen Margrethe of Denmark's 75th birthday celebrations when she's not scheduled on the royal calendar.

:previous: Thanks, I needed a good chuckle and your description of the SRF bureaucracy's not so efficient work with the court calendar as "flaky", did the trick!

I think there are a fair number of people who follow the SRF who would cheerfully wring someone's neck for their consistently annoying incompetence, but flaky sounds so much more descriptive. Even better, we can use it as both a verb and a noun. :D

So, let's hope it's flaky bureaucracy and we will see CP and Sofia for the Opening of Parliament.

That's odd about the tattoo. There have been articles out that Sofia was going through laser surgery to get rid of her tattoos as part of her adjustment of being royal. It would be a problem in conservative circles. Expressen won't hazard a guess to what the tattoo means, but somebody will. If it's obscene or profane the SRF has a problem, given the image makeover.

I doubt that Sofia is trying to get rid of her tattoo as she proudly displayed it on her wedding day and I actually thought it looked OK and I am not a fan of body art.

"Fiancee'"? If they are calling Sofia like this it means that the photos are old.....

The photos are not old, they are dated Thursday 6th August 2015, they are originally from Splash News. They were at the same yacht "Kissmi" than on Wednesday. Photo agencies make mistakes. The woman at the villa seems to be Stina Andersson, an old friend of Sofia, who was invited to their wedding.

"Sofia's and Carl Philip's holiday on a luxury yacht of SEK 47000 per day."
http://x.cdn-expressen.se/images/f0/a4/f0a46524bf2444c980e5721cee781f4b/502@70.jpg

Carl Philip and Sofia enjoy the romantic sunset in St Tropez _ Royalista

Last edited:
They've only just returned from a lavish honeymoon in Fiji but that wasn't enough to stop Sweden's Prince Carl Philip and his new wife Sofia from taking a second summer break.

The royal couple are currently on holiday in St. Tropez - a perennial favourite of theirs - and were spotted relaxing on a yacht moored just off the French coast.

While Sofia, 30, spent most of her time on deck, her new husband, 36, opted for a more action-packed break and was seen being towed along on a small rubber dinghy attached to a speedboat.
Read more: Sweden's Princess Sofia and Prince Carl Philip take to the waves in St. Tropez | Daily Mail Online

Meral Tasbas? Well, well...

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Meral and her boyfriend + Stina and Johan Andersson were guests at their wedding too. Stina Andersson is one of Sofia's oldest friends.

As long as taxpayers are not paying for their "lavish honeymoon" and summer vacations, I don't see any problem with that. It reinforces though Carl Philip's image of a spoiled, do-nothing rich kid.

In which country does he have this image? Aren't most European royals and on vacation during the same period?

As long as taxpayers are not paying for their "lavish honeymoon" and summer vacations, I don't see any problem with that. It reinforces though Carl Philip's image of a spoiled, do-nothing rich kid.
He certainly does not have that image in Sweden.

Myself I don't see what the big deal is. As long as they carry out any duties assigned by the royal family/state...and they are spending their own money for their vacation, who cares how often they go?

If I had that sort of money I'd be taking lots of vacation as well.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom