Crown Prince Hamzah relieved of his title: November 28, 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
maryshawn said:
From article by Leslie Bennetts:

My only indications I ever gave my husband of what I thought succession would be is what he thought was right--and that I would support whomever he chose, whatever their feelings about me.
Mary, thanx for the interview, I tried to post it many times be4e, KH had made it clear he wanted Hamzah to be King, easy to blame QN, saying she had tried to manipulate in order to be sure Hamzah could succeed, she did it, I wish KH had listened to her.... anyway, she was a mum, u know what it means, u want the best for your kids, and she knew, -KH also knew ,Hamzah would have been the best choice, he'd have been a great King, 1 who really cared for his ppl, I think Hamzah would have liked to fulfill his father's dream, and his own, he did not want power, just to be able ,as a King, to do the best he could for his country. Btw, I do think QN should be by Hamzah' side, now, not only keeping herself busy- have u read the CNN interview, I was disgusted, how can any1 be so hypocrite, KA admitted he had made Hamzah his CP as that had been dictated by their late father.

Last edited by a moderator:
Noor Article

Tipper, thanks for reading and kind words! I need to read CNN interview transcript. KA admitted he appointed Hamzah CP because of his father's wish....did he add anything more about that this has been changed?

tipper said:
Mary, thanx for the interview, I tried to post it many times be4e, KH had made it clear he wanted Hamzah to be King, easy to blame QN, saying she had tried to manipulate in order to be sure Hamzah could succeed, she did it, I wish KH had listened to her.... anyway, she was a mum, u know what it means, u want the best for your kids, and she knew, -KH also knew ,Hamzah would have been the best choice, he'd have been a great King, 1 who really cared for his ppl, I think Hamzah would have liked to fulfill his father's dream, and his own, he did not want power, just to be able ,as a King, to do the best he could for his country. Btw, I do think QN should be by Hamzah' side, now, not only keeping herself busy- have u read the CNN interview, I was disgusted, how can any1 be so hypocrite, KA admitted he had made Hamzah his CP as that had been dictated by their late father.

maryshawn said:
Tipper, thanks for reading and kind words! I need to read CNN interview transcript. KA admitted he appointed Hamzah CP because of his father's wish....did he add anything more about that this has been changed?

Tipper misread the transcript. I posted it:

Veram98 said:
BLITZER: All right, one final question, because I know your time is limited. The decision that you made in recent days to have the crown prince no longer be the crown prince, a lot of our viewers are interested in that. They're interested in your monarchy. But what was the story behind the story there?

ABDULLAH: Well, just before his late majesty passed away, he had said that the issue of crown prince is one that should be just a role that is with very limited capabilities.
I have four very strong brothers, very, very capable. Two of them -- Hamza, who was the crown prince, coming back to serve Jordan within the next 12 months. And, basically, this allows him to be able to expand his horizons, get involved in the issues that he cares about that I believe will really serve the country, as opposed to be limited by the title, which his late majesty had dictated.

BLITZER: Is he happy about this?

ABDULLAH: I think this opens a new opportunity for him. So it's a challenge, because it means that he will work closer with me, I hope, and be able to have more of a breadth of getting involved with Jordanian society. He has a lot of capabilities that he can bring towards his country. And I'm looking forward to his return. And I think that you'll see tremendous things from him.

BLITZER: And your son is now effectively the crown prince?

ABDULLAH: No. He is only 10 years old. And the way that the system has been done is that the role of crown prince will not be filled. Depending on circumstances, if anything should happen, there are instructions and there's a system in place, where the most capable of my brothers will be the one who is responsible to continue the process.

BLITZER: I hope none of that is necessary. I hope you live many, many happy and wonderful years.

ABDULLAH: That's very kind of you.

hi freinds , the king wait next baby -if not ill he,ll call hem an crown royal ,

NOONj said:
hi freinds , the king wait next baby -if not ill he,ll call hem an crown royal ,
even if their new baby is a boy,he wouldnt become the crown prince,while they have an older son,Prince Hussein

I cannot talk about Hamzah's position in coming 5 years nor I cant comment about what he's done in the arab world,cause I know nothing of the arabs and their societies,I can just wish him success and I'm sure he would be considered a national hero in coming five years

The best thing that Hashim and Hamzah could do for themselves is remain in the United States like their mother. King Abdullah proved back in November what he could do for his "beloved brother," Hamzah, by stripping him of this title as crown prince. I know that the title was not rightly his, especially after Abdullah assumed the throne, but he waited too long to strip him of this title, giving the appearance to all who viewed his action as attentional. I will never understand the dowager queen's reason for marrying King Hussein, but in the end I am sure she regretted alot of things. Now she is is an abject queen who will live the remaining years of her life in her birth country and not in the which she was made queen, a country in which she worked hard to improve and nurture. Her sons seem almost as pathetic as she with their attempts to suck big brother's butt. They will never again reign supreme as they once did during the life of the late king because a new king is on the throne to rule and dominate. All of the years King Abdullah waited to ascend the throne, watching as Queen Noor and her children steal the heart and attention of his beloved father; he now is in the position to defame and humilate his father precious "loves." Yet,sadly, it seems as though Hashim and Hamzah, especially, don't get the picture. Mommy Noor, however, understands quite clearly and moves aside for the new royal family. Her chance of once being the Queen Mother of Jordan vasted with the death of her late husband and the coranation of Abduallah and Rania. She is smart, calculating and decivise but not stupid, but her sons lack her sense. But if they choose to remain in Jordan to recieve seconds then Jordan they shall remain, but mother had the sense to get off while she could. They may think likewise as well.

You have made some good points here. P. Hamzah will have to fight hard to become anything in Jordan right now, more the P. Hashim. P. Hashim was never really considered in the running to become "king". But I agree with you that Q. Noor has brought this down on her own sons' heads. She, like any other wife/mother was looking out for her own and her children's interests. She succeeded in that she and her children were left the majority of KH's personal fortune, much to the chagrin of KA and his siblings. Her children don't have to work or do anything. But Q. Noor has "sold" them out to service in Jordan, hoping that some political power will return to her. As long as they remain in Jordan, KA can use them like Charmin Plus.

And what is even more disturbing, Hamzah hates being in the limelight. Not only has KA sidelined him, but he himself maintains a low profile because he is not an attention seeker. He doesn't even like giving interviews. Did Noor consider this when she was scheming for KH to leave the throne to her son.

As cruel as it sounds, KA was in his right to remove his brother. P. Hussein is the rightful CP. We would have been silly to expect KA to leave his throne to anyone other than his own direct descendants, after all, KH did the same thing. But I think KH humiliated his own brother more -- he dragged him out for 34 years before finally slapping him in the face.

Akilah said:
The best thing that Hashim and Hamzah could do for themselves is remain in the United States like their mother. King Abdullah proved back in November what he could do for his "beloved brother," Hamzah, by stripping him of this title as crown prince. I know that the title was not rightly his, especially after Abdullah assumed the throne, but he waited too long to strip him of this title, giving the appearance to all who viewed his action as attentional. I will never understand the dowager queen's reason for marrying King Hussein, but in the end I am sure she regretted alot of things. Now she is is an abject queen who will live the remaining years of her life in her birth country and not in the which she was made queen, a country in which she worked hard to improve and nurture. Her sons seem almost as pathetic as she with their attempts to suck big brother's butt. They will never again reign supreme as they once did during the life of the late king because a new king is on the throne to rule and dominate. All of the years King Abdullah waited to ascend the throne, watching as Queen Noor and her children steal the heart and attention of his beloved father; he now is in the position to defame and humilate his father precious "loves." Yet,sadly, it seems as though Hashim and Hamzah, especially, don't get the picture. Mommy Noor, however, understands quite clearly and moves aside for the new royal family. Her chance of once being the Queen Mother of Jordan vasted with the death of her late husband and the coranation of Abduallah and Rania. She is smart, calculating and decivise but not stupid, but her sons lack her sense. But if they choose to remain in Jordan to recieve seconds then Jordan they shall remain, but mother had the sense to get off while she could. They may think likewise as well.

kinneret5764 said:
Are Hamzah and Noor still in Jordan or have they returned to the U.S?
I believe that both Hamzah and Noor are in the United States because Hamzah is still attending university. It is not like he has anything else to do now. I mean he is not crown prince anymore.........hahahahaha!!! But seriously, Hamzah hasn't anything else better to do right now. I can't say that Jordan is in desperate need of his services.:D

Well I will stay on topic...I think PHamzah is the handsomest Jordanian Royal and Hashim is the second most. BUt HAmzah is married so I guess Hashim should be considered the most handsome now. But HAmzah....anyway yeah. Any recent pics?

PHashim was with KA on a recent a trip in Oman and in Thailand & China with Ali during summer.
and Hamzah was smiling during Parliament opening session that was held the day after he lost his title .I think they get a long just fine.Judging from the pictures.
And QNOOR is probably spending her time outside of Jordan for simple reasons.
Primarily cause Her kids are in States attending college.She grew up in States.That's her territory.
She's a worldwide celebrity,she's single,has the money and most importantly what on earth would she do in Jordan in the first place.

She would be bored in Jordan.There is nothing happening there.
Jordan has a young queen,she's not needed there for the official ceremonies anymore and stuff.
She's probably having a good time,relaxed with no worries anymore.

Hamzah is probably more relaxed too now, that he's no longer a crown prince.
I'm sure she's delighted he won't become a king.One less thing to worry about.The whole region is pretty unstable,being a king is not so cool at all.
Anyway i don't think she'll spend much time in Jordan in the future even though she gets along great with KA ,simply because most probably Jordan is too boring for her.

Attachments

• 518093290od.jpg
    518093290od.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:
queentara said:
PHashim was with KA on a recent a trip in Oman and in Thailand & China with Ali during summer.
and Hamzah was smiling during Parliament opening session.It was the next day he lost his title .I think they get a long just fine.Judging from the pictures.
Primarily cause Her kids are in States attending college.She grew up in States.That's her territory.
She's a worldwide celebrity,she's single,has the money and most importantly what on earth would she do in Jordan in the first place.

Jordan has a young queen,she's not needed there for the official ceremonies anymore and stuff.

I'm sure she's delighted he won't become a king.One less thing to worry about.The whole region is pretty unstable,being a king is not so cool at all.
Anyway i don't think she'll spend much time in Jordan in the future eventhough she gets along great with KA ,simply beacuse most probbaly Jordan is too boring for her.

who's in the picture you posted? I think one is Prince Feisal, but who's the other? Is the picture from this year or last year?

I explained in another thread.It's Hamzah during parliament opening session.
the Day after he lost his title.I think it was 2004?

Was that pic the day after or before he lost his title?

Reina said:
Was that pic the day after or before he lost his title?

it was the day after .i think.
There were no pics of him from the day before on Petra.

queentara said:
it was the day after .i think.
There were no pics of him from the day before on Petra.

Yes this pic was taken when he was Crownprince

elizahawthorne said:
who's in the picture you posted? I think one is Prince Feisal, but who's the other? Is the picture from this year or last year?

you mean the person sitting in front of Prince Hamzah?
Thats Prince Talal i believe

~*~Humera~*~ said:
you mean the person sitting in front of Prince Hamzah?
Thats Prince Talal i believe

not the on sitting in front of P. Hamzah, but the on P. Hamzah is talking to is Peince Feisal

But he looked so happy! Surely that was before he was demoted.

Reina said:

No,It was 3 days after he got demoted.
I'm sure he felt relieved.I mean who'd want to be a king in such unstable region?

from Getty images...

Caption:
AMMAN, JORDAN: The half-brothers of Jordan's King Abdullah II, Prince Faisal (R) and former Crown Prince Hamza (L), chat during the opening of the new session at the lower house of parliament in Amman 01 December 2004. The Jordanian parliament re-elected Abdelhadi Majali, an ex-minister of public works and former head of the public security department, as its speaker today. King Abdullah announced 28 November 2004 his decision to renounce his younger half-brother's title of Crown Prince, in a public letter explaning that the decision was to free Prince Hamza to pursue "other functions". AFP PHOTO/KHALIL MAZRAAWI (Photo credit should read KHALIL MAZRAAWI/AFP/Getty Images)

Attachments

• 51809329.jpg
    51809329.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:
Reina said:

nope. It was after that. I remember many of us were surprised that he even showed up at the opening of the parliament. And he was accompanied by Prince Hashem.

Well I guess after taking it all in he must have felt relieved. He can do so much good outside of the kingdom.

Anyway...did PHashem still look sad?

queentara said:
and Hamzah was smiling during Parliament opening session that was held the day after he lost his title .I think they get a long just fine.Judging from the pictures.

Anyway i don't think she'll spend much time in Jordan in the future even though she gets along great with KA ,simply because most probably Jordan is too boring for her.

it's a luck for us u can read QN's mind- and what should Hamzah do, after having been stripped of his title, of course, he appeared in public and he smiled, he's a proud man, u c-QN is not needed anymore, well, maybe, that's part of the problem, some1 made her feel unwelcome in Jordan, as for Hashim, he's not unwelcome in Jordan, that's in my opinion, as I can't read any1's mind, unfortunately-

has any1 read his reply to the King, on Nov 29, 2004 ? it's on his site, it does not really sound a man who's relieved.

Reina said:
Well I guess after taking it all in he must have felt relieved. He can do so much good outside of the kingdom.

Anyway...did PHashem still look sad?

Hashem looked considerably more sombre
Though in this pic Hamzah looks serious too. Their expressions are appropriate for the occassion I think, unless one considers the opening of parliament a fun event.

Attachments

• Untitled-1 copy.JPG
    Untitled-1 copy.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 498
~*~Humera~*~ said:
Hashem looked considerably more sombre
Though in this pic Hamzah looks serious too. Their expressions are appropriate for the occassion I think, unless one considers the opening of parliament a fun event.

sombre ? to me, he looks upset, as for Hashim, don't know, maybe he did not care too much, but if u look at the pix of Hamzah and his wife taken last Dec, he is so thin and he does look unhappy.

Hashim did care cuz that was his brother.

the marriage of prince hamzah and princess noor

hi every one im a jordanian girl studing in jordan univ .many month ago i read our opinions about the jordan and the royal family on it,but i feel sorry coz we have many wrongs opinion ,one that the royal make jordan as a heaven !!!!:cool: but i wanna to commont a bout the marriage of prince hamzah and princess noor .one says that is arranged marriage (that true). many of the citizen here know why prince hamzah marriage his cousin (in order to consolidate his position)that why king abdullah remove the prince from his position as acrown prince .all in jordan be certain that prince hamzah can marry most abeautiful woman,elegant than princess noor (princess beauty is not the main reason a bout the correlation)many of jordanian here fell that princess noor is not beautiful in order to be the next queen (we always things here that the beauty and education r first) in my opinion i love her beautiful smile she look geat when she is smilling.so the one who says that this marriage is arranged isnt lie ....its fact. plz read the follow arabic text
وتكررت الحكاية بعزل الملك عبدالله لقرة عينه الامير
حمزة بطريقة فسرت على انهاء اقصاء للامير الشاب تماما وتحجيم لنفوذ امه الملكة نور وابعاد ابناء الامير نايف عن الصورة كما كان حالهم دائما والامير نايف هو عم الملك حسين وهو اكبر سنا من الملك طلال وكان يرى نفسه احق بالعرش من اخيه لكن اباه الامير عبدالله حرمه من العرش لان ام نايف عبدة سوداء في حين ان ام طلال كانت من العائلة المالكة وكان الامير حمزة قد تزوج من حفيدة الامير نايف الامر الذي فسر في حينه على انه تحالف داخل الاسرة الحاكمة يهدف الى تحجيم انفراد الملك عبدالله وزوجته الفلسطينية بالحكم

Just a reminder that the language of this forum is English. All posts must be made in English or have an English translation.

Lyonnaise
TRF Moderator

meni85 said:
hi every one im a jordanian girl studing in jordan univ .many month ago i read our opinions about the jordan and the royal family on it,but i feel sorry coz we have many wrongs opinion ,one that the royal make jordan as a heaven !!!!:cool: but i wanna to commont a bout the marriage of prince hamzah and princess noor .one says that is arranged marriage (that true). many of the citizen here know why prince hamzah marriage his cousin (in order to consolidate his position)that why king abdullah remove the prince from his position as acrown prince .all in jordan be certain that prince hamzah can marry most abeautiful woman,elegant than princess noor (princess beauty is not the main reason a bout the correlation)many of jordanian here fell that princess noor is not beautiful in order to be the next queen (we always things here that the beauty and education r first) in my opinion i love her beautiful smile she look geat when she is smilling.so the one who says that this marriage is arranged isnt lie ....its fact. plz read the follow arabic text
وتكررت الحكاية بعزل الملك عبدالله لقرة عينه الامير
حمزة بطريقة فسرت على انهاء اقصاء للامير الشاب تماما وتحجيم لنفوذ امه الملكة نور وابعاد ابناء الامير نايف عن الصورة كما كان حالهم دائما والامير نايف هو عم الملك حسين وهو اكبر سنا من الملك طلال وكان يرى نفسه احق بالعرش من اخيه لكن اباه الامير عبدالله حرمه من العرش لان ام نايف عبدة سوداء في حين ان ام طلال كانت من العائلة المالكة وكان الامير حمزة قد تزوج من حفيدة الامير نايف الامر الذي فسر في حينه على انه تحالف داخل الاسرة الحاكمة يهدف الى تحجيم انفراد الملك عبدالله وزوجته الفلسطينية بالحكم

prince hamza would have known that the jordanian people dont want princess noor as queen.
so he cant be so stupid and queen noor too - when it is really arranged.
but i cant believe - because i think he would have married a princess who is loved by the jordanian people.
the only reason that leaves that he married princess noor - is because of love!

closesttoheaven said:
prince hamza would have known that the jordanian people dont want princess noor as queen.
so he cant be so stupid and queen noor too - when it is really arranged.
but i cant believe - because i think he would have married a princess who is loved by the jordanian people.
the only reason that leaves that he married princess noor - is because of love!

why shouldn't J ppl not want PN as their Queen, 'cos of her not being beautiful, ? can't understand-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom