The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Old 01-13-2022, 05:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Coat of Arms of Crown Princess Mary of Denmark, granted to her in 2006 and designed by Danish heraldic Office.

The Coat of Arms of Mary's father John Dalgleish Donaldson

Thank you so much! Beautiful coa of Arms
Old 01-13-2022, 06:10 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
Thank you so much! Beautiful coa of Arms
The shield on the left (or to the right of the shield bearer, i.e. dexter) is actually the undifferenced arms of Margrethe II as Queen of Denmark as used by Crown Prince Frederik, surmounted, however, by a princely crown rather than the royal crown as in his mother's coat of arms.
Old 01-09-2023, 05:32 PM
Aristocracy

According to historian and royal expert Jon Bloch Skipper wrote in his mailbox in BILLED-BLADET.

"It may well be that Prince Christian will become a knight of the Order of the Elephant when he turns 18, but there is no "automatic" in the area apart from the fact that the children of the reigning monarch and thus the lord of the order are, according to the statutes of the Order of the Elephant, born knights of the order. So Prince Christian will receive Denmark's oldest and most distinguished order when his father becomes king - if not before, but it is not inconceivable that the Queen chooses to use his 18th birthday as an occasion to give it to him, as we saw majesty do when Norway's future queen, Princess Ingrid Alexandra, turned 18 earlier this year.We'll see what happens in October 2023."
Old 01-09-2023, 06:00 PM
Heir Apparent

If Ingrid, a grandchild of a foreign monarch (albeit future sovereign) got it, I think it's inconceivable that Christian the future King of Denmark won't.
Old 01-09-2023, 06:40 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinsara View Post
If Ingrid, a grandchild of a foreign monarch (albeit future sovereign) got it, I think it's inconceivable that Christian the future King of Denmark won't.
Exactly, it seemed a bit weird that the heir of the heir of a foreign monarchy received this honor on her 18th birthday (did Victoria (heir) and Haakon (heir's heir) receive it as well on their respective 18th birthdays?) - however, if she would now withhold it from her own heir's heir that would be unthinkable.
Old 01-09-2023, 07:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Since the royal orders are another aspect of the monarchy which are being slimmed down (Prince Joachim's children have not become Knights of the Order of the Elephant on reaching their majority like Hereditary Prince Knud's children did), it will be interesting to see what happens with Prince Christian's siblings.
Old 01-09-2023, 07:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
Since the royal orders are another aspect of the monarchy which are being slimmed down (Prince Joachim's children have not become Knights of the Order of the Elephant on reaching their majority like Hereditary Prince Knud's children did), it will be interesting to see what happens with Prince Christian's siblings.
I think all of Frederik and Mary's children will get that order, which makes sense.
Old 01-09-2023, 08:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

There is no doubt that P. Christian will get the OotE when he turns 18. I also believe that his siblings will also get it as well. However, whether they get it when they turn 18 under QMII or will get it when CPF is King, I am curious to see.
Old 01-09-2023, 11:45 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Exactly, it seemed a bit weird that the heir of the heir of a foreign monarchy received this honor on her 18th birthday (did Victoria (heir) and Haakon (heir's heir) receive it as well on their respective 18th birthdays?) - however, if she would now withhold it from her own heir's heir that would be unthinkable.
Victoria and Haakon did receive it on their 18th birthday as well.

I think it would be utterly surprising if all of Frederik's children don't receive it upon their 18th birthday. They will all be the children of the future monarch (should nothing bad happen before then).
Old 01-10-2023, 09:47 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

It will be interesting to see if Prince Joachim's children are awarded the Order of the Elephant or the Order of the Dannebrog.

Princess Marie of Denmark was the last member of the DRF I believe to be awarded the Order of the Elephant.
Old 01-10-2023, 10:26 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
It will be interesting to see if Prince Joachim's children are awarded the Order of the Elephant or the Order of the Dannebrog.
As then Prines Nikolai and Felix haven't got the Order of their Elephant for their 18th birthdays and with the removal of their Princely Titles i guess they will get none at all.

Old 01-22-2023, 07:14 PM
Aristocracy

And how stay the situation of the Order of Dannebrog after King Constantine's death?
Old 01-23-2023, 04:48 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by doro View Post
And how stay the situation of the Order of Dannebrog after King Constantine's death?

What has the Order of the Dannebrog to with King Constantine's death?

Old 01-23-2023, 06:06 AM
Serene Highness

Since the death of King Constantine, and of Prince Henrik there is two vacant Grand Commander positions.

The current Grand Commanders are:
- Queen Margrethe II
- King Carl XVI Gustaf
- King Harald V
- Princess Benedikte
- Crown Prince Frederik
- Prince Joachim

I had a thought that Crown Princess Mary would have been appointed Grand Commander for her 50th birthday last year, but that didn't happen. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I think that we won't see any new appointments until the reign of King Frederik, unless we see a new Scandinavian monarch before that.
Old 01-23-2023, 06:23 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingen View Post
Since the death of King Constantine, and of Prince Henrik there is two vacant Grand Commander positions.

The current Grand Commanders are:
- Queen Margrethe II
- King Carl XVI Gustaf
- King Harald V
- Princess Benedikte
- Crown Prince Frederik
- Prince Joachim

I had a thought that Crown Princess Mary would have been appointed Grand Commander for her 50th birthday last year, but that didn't happen. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I think that we won't see any new appointments until the reign of King Frederik, unless we see a new Scandinavian monarch before that.

Was Prince Richard also a Grand Commander?

Old 01-23-2023, 07:07 AM
Serene Highness

No, Prince Richard was not a Grand Commander.

Tags
danish monograms, danish orders