The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Old 01-03-2020, 12:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

A video from today

Old 01-03-2020, 12:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
The Queen today in a very big fur coat. But probabbly because of the carriage ride. Don't think there is heating in the carriage.
I always wonder how is the heating inside the palaces, so big rooms with such a high ceilings very difficult and expensive to heat up! and All the ladies always in this beautiful gowns , that they do not look warm at all.
Old 01-03-2020, 12:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
I always wonder how is the heating inside the palaces, so big rooms with such a high ceilings very difficult and expensive to heat up! and All the ladies always in this beautiful gowns , that they do not look warm at all.
Depends on who pays for the heating: the State or the Queen herself, on the state of the residence (Frederik's mansion has been totally renovated and will have a good climate plan) and on the general use of the venue: is it a "daily working venue" (warm) or more a museal destination with occasional royal use (less warm) ?
Old 01-03-2020, 12:36 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Depends on who pays for the heating: the State or the Queen herself, on the state of the residence (Frederik's mansion has been totally renovated and will have a good climate plan) and on the general use of the venue: is it a "daily working venue" (warm) or more a museal destination with occasional royal use (less warm) ?

Both the receptions roloms at Christiansborg and Christian VII., Palace at Amalienborg whre this recptions take place are not Palaces where people live. But the rooms at Christiansborg are huge so probably much more difficult to heat up for a few hours.

Old 01-03-2020, 01:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Both the receptions roloms at Christiansborg and Christian VII., Palace at Amalienborg whre this recptions take place are not Palaces where people live. But the rooms at Christiansborg are huge so probably much more difficult to heat up for a few hours.
Before the renovation of the Royal Palace in Amsterdam the Household made use of those compressor-heaters, placed on the inner courtyards with big hoses into the windows to blaze hot air and warm the huge Citizens' Hall in winter: the palace's own heating system from the 1960's was too excessive in fuel consumption and not effective enough. Since the extensive renovation in the 2010's there is a better and more economic heating plan. I think we can say for all palaces: the more modern the climate system, the less a problem to heat. I think today the Queen was especially dressed for the carriage ride.
Old 01-03-2020, 01:51 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
But the rooms at Christiansborg are huge so probably much more difficult to heat up for a few hours.
There are visitors touring the royal reception rooms at Christiansborg (almost) daily. Surely the temperature inside must be adequate even during winter?
Old 01-03-2020, 08:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Lovely 3rd day.
The horses and carriage very majestic.
Frederik and Mary a huge support for the Queen.
Old 10-20-2020, 06:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Palace has just issued the following press release.

"As a result of the continued spread of COVID-19 in Denmark, Her Majesty the Queen has decided to cancel the New Year's table for the government, the Speaker of the Folketing, representatives of official Denmark and the Court on 1 January 2021. The subsequent New Year's on-duty Officers Corps, the Diplomatic Corps, the Armed Forces and the Danish Emergency Management Agency, I., II. and III. rank class as well as representatives of major national organizations and royal patronages, which should have taken place on 4 and 5 January 2021, are also canceled. During the Queen's reign, the traditional New Year's celebration in the Royal House has only been canceled once before. It happened in 2005 as a result of the tsunami in Southeast Asia at Christmas 2004.

Instead, a small New Year's party will be held at Christiansborg Castle on 4 January 2021 for the Prime Minister and a few other representatives of official Denmark."

https://kongehuset.dk/nyheder/aflysn...arskure-i-2021
Old 10-20-2020, 07:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Wow, that's a big decision, but perfectly understandable while the coronavirus rages among the population.
Well I will miss the New Years courts because I look forward to it every year.
But everyones good health is more important.
Old 10-20-2020, 08:25 AM
Heir Apparent

“Instead, a small New Year's court will be held at Christiansborg Castle on 4. January 2021 for the Prime Minister and a few other representatives of official Denmark.”

It may include the Queen and Crown Prince Couple.

It is really few times that the New Year's banquet and the Courts have been canceled. Yes I can only (as written) remember it in the year 2005 after the tsunami.

Then the DRF can have themselves a really fun and wet New Year's Eve this year. For once!

It's a perfect opportunity for F&M and children to celebrate Christmas and (for once New Year's Eve) with Mary's family in Australia, but with Australia's closed borders it's most probably not going to be an option (even they for once now have the opportunity).

It's a rather different/sad time we are living in.
Old 12-17-2020, 06:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Palace announces changes to the family’s New Year's plans:

"The planned New Year's party at Christiansborg Castle on 4 January 2021 for the Prime Minister and a few other representatives of official Denmark is canceled. Her Majesty the Queen will instead receive written New Year greetings from the Kurdish participants."

https://kongehuset.dk/nyheder/kongeh...-nytaarsplaner
Old 12-17-2020, 06:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

A minor correction.

Not Kurdish, the invited at the (New Year) courts.
Old 12-17-2020, 08:13 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
The Palace announces changes to the family’s New Year's plans:

"The planned New Year's party at Christiansborg Castle on 4 January 2021 for the Prime Minister and a few other representatives of official Denmark is canceled. Her Majesty the Queen will instead receive written New Year greetings from the Kurdish participants."

https://kongehuset.dk/nyheder/kongeh...-nytaarsplaner
And Christmas...

https://kongehuset.dk/en/news/the-ro...ew-years-plans
Old 01-01-2021, 08:11 AM
Administrator

On today's New Year's Day the Royal Life Guards are dressed in the red gala uniform - the Palace shared some photos of this year's first shift at Amalienborg.

Quote:
On the occasion of the turn of the year, it will be possible to send a personal digital New Year's greeting to Her Majesty the Queen on the Royal House's website www.kongehuset.dk.⁣

Due to the spread of COVID-19, it will not be possible to show up physically to write New Year's greetings in the Yellow Palace as before.⁣

** kongehuset gallery ** kongehuset instagram post **
Old 01-01-2021, 10:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Yes, it's one of the biggest days in the calendar for the DRF, but certainly also for the Lifeguard Regiment!

It's good to see them in Gala One - the red tunic, with the white cord attached to the bearskin cap.

It is also one of the bigger days for the Guards Hussars, who also turn out in their gala uniform on this day - but not this year.
Old 01-01-2021, 07:08 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I did miss seeing the New Year's Courts this year but it's understandable they were called off. Love seeing all the glitz and glam!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 01-04-2021, 01:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Queen today:

"The planned New Year's party at Christiansborg Castle for the Prime Minister and a few other representatives of official Denmark, which should have taken place on 4 January 2021, was already canceled before Christmas due to the development in the COVID-19 situation. ⁣ Her Majesty the Queen received instead the Court Marshal and the Cabinet Secretary in the Knights' Hall in Christian IX's Palace at Amalienborg. On this occasion the Hofmarskallen spoke for His Majesty on behalf of the Court. Subsequently, the Cabinet Secretary handed over written New Year's greetings to the Queen from the Prime Minister, the Speaker of the Folketing as well as a number of the country's top officials and the doyen of the diplomatic corps.⁣ ⁣"

https://kongehuset.dk/foto-video/hm-...ytaarshilsener
Old 01-07-2021, 03:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I did miss seeing the New Year's Courts this year but it's understandable they were called off. Love seeing all the glitz and glam!
HP you are so right. It is now day eight of the New Year, and yesterday I realized what was missing from my usual time of year - that being the New Year Courts over 4 days in Denmark. For me after all the New Year activities are over, the next few days can be bit boring. I usually counteract these dull days by sitting at my computer and eagerly await for the glorious photos to come through of the Royal Ladies dressed up attending the New Year Courts. I love to see the men in their colourful uniforms, - the Crown Princess will she wear something from previous years with a twist to the styling as she has done in the past. Or will she wear something new and different. I also like to see what Princess Marie and The Queen are wearing to the Banquet. I just can't resist a good bling evening.

I also like to see the traditional dress of various Ambassadors wives when they attend the Diplomatic Corp evening. It is always a colourful event and a joy to see.
So I am missing all that this year, and I guess I didn't realize how much I look forward to seeing it all. After all I have been following these events every year since Mary Donaldson married the Crown Prince.
Never mind lets get through this year and all its challenges as safely as possible. I just didn't know I would miss it this much.
Old 09-07-2021, 06:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

The court has announced that the New Year Courts are back, starting 1st January.
https://www.kongehuset.dk/nyheder/ny...tilbage-i-2022

- So major bling-bling events coming up.
Old 09-08-2021, 12:51 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
The court has announced that the New Year Courts are back, starting 1st January.
https://www.kongehuset.dk/nyheder/ny...tilbage-i-2022

- So major bling-bling events coming up.
Wonderful news!

Tags
danish new year levee, danish royals