The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Old 01-04-2017, 06:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

Agree on the color, looks fantastic and Frederik continues to look extra handsome in uniform
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jan2017/PPE17010405.jpg
Gallery
Editorial Photos, Celebrity, News, & Sports Images | Rex

and the Queen arriving by carriage
https://www.instagram.com/p/BO1rWyJAzIg/
http://kendte.dk/fejrer-dronningen-n...tur-guldkaret/
Old 01-04-2017, 07:08 AM
Administrator

Here's the complete ppe gallery

And another gallery:

** gettyimages: DNK: Danish Queen Margrethe Holds New Year's Reception For Foreign Military Personnel And Civil Defence **
Old 01-04-2017, 08:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Deep bows for Danish Royal family as they hold Cour for the Officers of the Royal Life Guards & the Guard Hussar Regiment https://www.facebook.com/detdanskeko...7661906239063/

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 01-04-2017, 10:01 AM
Heir Apparent

There is something about that we never get pictures of Margrethe, Frederik and Mary greeting the guests inside Christiansborg during the "Grand Court" today, right? We are always gets lots of pictures from the them greeting the guests inside Chistiansborg during the "Small Court" (like we saw yesterday). But during the "Grand Court" I think we only get pictures of them arriving to Christianborg.
Old 01-04-2017, 11:17 AM
Imperial Majesty

A BB video from the last New Year Court: VIDEO: Dronningens sidste nytårskur | BILLED-BLADET

This is perhaps in particular for Danish members: It's pretty obvious that Christian Kjær and PH are close friends...

Christian Kjær is the... eh... well-build gentleman being interviewed several times in the video.
That uniform must have cost him a small fortune in bills at his tailor!
It must be the damp air in the area north of Copenhagen where he lives. It has a tendency to make clothes shrink, you know.
Old 01-04-2017, 12:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Now I understand the Queen thinking she has to use a uniform for this events, or I should say she consider them as a work dresses but why not to change a little bit like Mary does?
Old 01-04-2017, 12:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

Don't hold your breath on that one, Ashelen. Remember how often QMII has worn her Teletubby outfit.

Daily Mail on the latest New Year Court: Crown Princess Mary of Denmark wears plum cape again at New Year's Reception | Daily Mail Online
Old 01-04-2017, 12:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Don't hold your breath on that one, Ashelen. Remember how often QMII has worn her Teletubby outfit.

Daily Mail on the latest New Year Court: Crown Princess Mary of Denmark wears plum cape again at New Year's Reception | Daily Mail Online
I thought about that but it is a cape , not the dress and she normally surprise us with the gowns, some times new ones some time re-done something different. Shows you the Queen is not into fashion, ! But it would be nice if she can shows some Danish designers to the world! Also I would like to see photos from the inside and the gowns with no cape/coat/shall/
Old 01-04-2017, 05:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

Galleries of the preparations and guests
Forberedelser til karetkørsel | Kongehuset
Nytårskur på Christiansborg Slot den 4. januar 2017 | Kongehuset
https://www.instagram.com/p/BO12zcChRra/
Old 01-05-2017, 03:25 AM
Former Administrator

Beautiful photos of the Queen travelling in the Golden Carriage:

https://www.facebook.com/detdanskeko...type=3&theater
Old 01-05-2017, 04:07 AM
Administrator

Another gallery from yesterday:

** dpp: Danish royals at new year reception 2017 **

And a mixed one:

** pp: Mary de Danemark : 2017 inaugurée en beauté au palais de Christiansborg **
Old 01-05-2017, 06:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

nice gallery of the last two days of receptions . Frederik and Mary have looked fantastic, relaxed and happy supporting the Queen.
http://static1.purepeople.com/articl...ry-950x0-3.jpg
http://www.billedbladet.dk/sites/bil...?itok=HojhEpVB

this photo from the Drf is majestic
http://kongehuset.dk/sites/default/f...?itok=-sIlp67_

and Frederik and Mary arriving by car
http://3.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:1...f3c&m=djagnmhf
Old 01-05-2017, 03:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

BB has hit the streets and unsurprisingly there is a good deal of coverage of the Grand New Year Court and the court for the diplomats.

Not much new, but a little detail: The Iranian ambassador and his wife were the only one who did not offer his hand to the DRF, instead he bowed slightly.
At least he did not insult QMII and Mary by shaking Frederik's hand only. - IMO when in Rome...
It was the ambassador for the Ivory Coast who gave the speech on behalf of the diplomats as the doyenne.

Anyway, right after having delivered her New Year speech live at 18.00 QMII changed (I often suspect PH takes a lot more time figuring out what he is to wear... ) and the Regent Couple went to a New Year party with some of their close friends.
This year the host was Bent Fabricius Bjerre and the theme this year was Olsen Banden (banden = the gang). Unquestionably the most beloved movie-criminals in Danish history.
They have a considerable fan-base in Germany as well.

QMII dressed up as the leading lady in the series, Yvonne. Who was known for always wearing large hats and very colorful outfits (even for the 70's!!). Yvonne also used to wear daisies as earrings. - Very appropriate.
I would have loved to see QMII's outfit, but alas, she wore a long coat and her hat in a bag.

But then we have PH, who showed up as the enforcer of the series. In DK named Bøffen = the Beef. In Germany he is better known as Dumme Schwein.
PH nailed it! They've got the same body-build, even though PH may not be able to down a beer in less than ten seconds.
PH also had some accessories in the shape of a large wrench, used in the movies to whack members of the Olsen Gang on the head and a beer in the other hand. A special beer, where the label depicted the gang. In fact he brought a case of such beers.

Anyway, see for yourselves here: BB #01, 2017

And here are the characters the Regent Couple based their costumes on.
First Bøffen:

And then Yvonne

It is claimed Yvonne's jewellery and hats were inspired by QMII, who back then was well-known for her many and large hats. In that way the circle is complete.
Old 01-07-2017, 04:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

Muhler, about the not shaking hands... It all depends on how it's done IMO. If you flatly refuse to shake a hand it's very insulting, but if you find an elegant way around it, it's no insult at all, I think.

I once had a business meeting with orthodox Jewish men (who won't shake hands with non Jewish females either - religious laws etc...). When I walked into to room I wanted to give the first gentleman I saw a hand, but he quickly opened his arms, gesturing where I could sit, pulling out a chair for me and offering me a drink. I loved it! And I also remember thinking "this is the way things can go as well". Such experiences have tought me not to think in extremes.

PS thanks for sharing BB with us once more!
Old 02-13-2017, 12:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roskilde View Post
Great pictures arriving to Christiansborg [...]
CP Mary: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C1PoAREW8AA1FzU.jpg
Love this dress! Great dress!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannelore View Post
Beautiful gown and exquiste overall look. Love it! Those jewels!
Old 09-13-2017, 07:28 AM
Administrator

The schedule for the Danish New Year Courts 2018 - taking place on January 1, 3 and 4 - has already been released today:

** kongehuset.dk: Nytårskure 2018 ** translation **
Old 01-01-2018, 06:10 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post

The interesting thing tonight is Nikolai.
He has turned eighteen and is old enough to attend.
In what capacity will be interesting!

Will he come as a guest? Accompanying his mother?
Or will he join his father and our Marie?
Will he wear the Order of the Elephant?
Or will he stay away entirely?

The answer to these questions will be a clear indication as to his future role with the DRF.
It would be nice to see him attending but if he does i guess he would arrive with Joachim and Marie. Hs mother hasn't attended since her second marriage.
Has Benedikte ever attended the New Year's Copurt since her marriage? I thought that perhaps she would attend this year as she is now widowed but she isn't listed in the Calendar so i don't think she wil.

Old 01-01-2018, 08:09 AM
Serene Highness

I´m not sure that the children of Prince Joachim will get the Elephant Order. They are "just" HH and not HRH.

I know that HH Prince Richard had the Elephant Order, but he was married to the second in line to the throne.

Candidata Theologiae / Master in Theology
Old 01-01-2018, 08:28 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterB View Post
I´m not sure that the children of Prince Joachim will get the Elephant Order. They are "just" HH and not HRH.

I know that HH Prince Richard had the Elephant Order, but he was married to the second in line to the throne.
But Princess Elisabeth has it and her brothers have/had it also.

Old 01-01-2018, 08:51 AM
Aristocracy

I wonder if Prince Nicolai will attend this years new years court now that he is 18 years old.

Anybody know?

Tags
danish new year levee, danish royals