King Harald And Queen Sonja Current Events: July 2004 - June 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Queen Sonja was present when The Vega Archipilaco was added tot he UNECSO world heritage list.
After her speech she went back to her seat before she was reminded that she also had to unweil a plaque to comemorate the event

Attachments

• sonja.jpg
    sonja.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 171
  • dronning_sonja_188650m.jpg
    dronning_sonja_188650m.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 233
  • Vega_yene__dronning_188653c.jpg
    Vega_yene__dronning_188653c.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
Larzen said:
Queen Sonja was present when The Vega Archipilaco was added tot he UNECSO world heritage list.
After her speech she went back to her seat before she was reminded that she also had to unweil a plaque to comemorate the event

Thanks Larzen for the pics . The Queen was inattentive but she has so much to do and to think of in these days ...

King Harald discharged from hospital

King Harald left the national hospital on Thursday morning after his heart operations. The king will be staying at the royal residence at Kongsseteren during the day but will return to spend the nights in hospital for the next few days.
"I have been in decent shape for a long time and have been conscious throughout. Today I feel very good," King Harald said.

The king told the gathered press that he is in recuperative training after the two operations - one to replace a defective heart valve and the second to drain fluid from around the heart - and that he would be commuting to and from the Rikshospitalet University Hospital daily as part of the rehabilitation therapy.

The king was asked if he would now be scaling down his workload and public appearances, and said that he would try to follow the advice of his doctors.

The king's condition was described as highly satisfactory in a press release by the medical team treating him at Rikshospitalet.

Attachments

• mm.jpg
    mm.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 169
  • _1146287_jpg_278527h.jpg
    _1146287_jpg_278527h.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 157
Great News ! Thanks Amira for the pics !:)

Queen Sonja was today at the west coast of Norway at a food and cultural landscape arrangement called STREIF

She was interviewd on TV saying that she started to feel that there had been alot of travels for her lately, but that she thought this would only be for a short period, She had taken over the engagement at Vega on wednesday for the King but she said she was happy to do it as that was the sort of engagements she got energy from.

from bt.no

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 186
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 164
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 159
  • son.jpg
    son.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
Queen Sonja keeps up with her impressive work scheduel. Today she was in Bergen to open an artexhbition called "Oceancountry" (Havlandet) the exhibition is about Norwegians relationship with the sea trough the last 100 years

However when she got up to give her speech, she discovered she had brought the speech she gave yesterday. She told the people present she had brought the wrong speech and everyone laughed. Then she started to improvise a new speech before someone brought her the speech she was originally supposed to give.

http://www.bt.no/lokalt/bergen/article361604

Attachments

• sonja2.jpg
    sonja2.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 177
  • sonja.jpg
    sonja.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 183
Now that CP Mette-Marit is pregnant and have to take it easy, The King recuperating from his surgery and Princess Märtha Louise on maternity leave, It seems that the Queen will not have any rest! She's really buissy now, but how will it be later on?! Poor lady! I hope CP Haakon really put his best effort in and that Princess Astrid really pitch in.

Indeed, KikkiB. The Royal family has been busy this year, and they seem to be diminishing in numbers. The last time, when King Harald had cancer, and Mette-Marit was pregnant with Ingrid Alexandra, Märtha Louise stepped in quite a bit.

KikkiB said:
I hope CP Haakon really put his best effort in and that Princess Astrid really pitch in.

I also really hope that Prince Haakon will help the best he can his nice mummy !:)

Queen Sonja has stepped down from two arrangements. Crown Prince Haakon will be going in her stead. The reason for the decrease in the Queen's programme is, according to VG, that the Palace don't want her to get burnt out, and that she wants to spend more time with the King while he is recuperating.

The recent developments also puts May 17th celebrations in jeopardy, and it is unsure how many of the members of the Royal family will be on the balcony. It is also unsure who will travel to Sweden to give the speech, with the recent announcement of pregnancy.

4 of 5 in the royal family now is either on leave or are planning an easier schedule. The only one on more than full schedule is Crown Prince Haakon.

norwegianne said:
Queen Sonja has stepped down from two arrangements. Crown Prince Haakon will be going in her stead. The reason for the decrease in the Queen's programme is, according to VG, that the Palace don't want her to get burnt out, and that she wants to spend more time with the King while he is recuperating.

The recent developments also puts May 17th celebrations in jeopardy, and it is unsure how many of the members of the Royal family will be on the balcony. It is also unsure who will travel to Sweden to give the speech, with the recent announcement of pregnancy.

4 of 5 in the royal family now is either on leave or are planning an easier schedule. The only one on more than full schedule is Crown Prince Haakon.

I think Princess Astrid also pitches in (even if it is on a smaller scale) when most of the members of the royal family is otherwise engaged (this time; recuperating, maternity leave...). Usually she leads a quiet life out of the lime light, but under the cirrcumstances she helps out. I've read somewhere that Princess Astrid did one of the Kings events when he was in surgery for his heart.

And have they announced the State Visit of Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko to Norway from 10th may to 13th May yet?Normally,if Emperor Akihito as Head of State visits Norway,so King Harald must be the main person as the Welcoming Ceremony and State Banquets too.But is the King well enough to attend?I think maybe if Prince Haakon and Queen Sonja will take part in the event for King Harald.And maybe Princess MM and Martha Louise will not be there.Maybe Princess Astrid.

HMQueenElizabethII said:
And have they announced the State Visit of Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko to Norway from 10th may to 13th May yet?Normally,if Emperor Akihito as Head of State visits Norway,so King Harald must be the main person as the Welcoming Ceremony and State Banquets too.But is the King well enough to attend?I think maybe if Prince Haakon and Queen Sonja will take part in the event for King Harald.And maybe Princess MM and Martha Louise will not be there.Maybe Princess Astrid.

Yes the Crown Prince Regnt the Queen and Mette-Marit will host the visit, hopefully Princess Astrid and Märtha Louise will attend some of the events in Oslo, hopefully atleast the gala. I dont think it is very likely than any of them will travel to Trondheim for the 2. part of the visit. The King will not take part in the visit but it is reported that he will have a private lunch/dinner with the Emperor and Empress

Two pictures of Sonja last week in Haugesund
From Haugesundsavis.

Attachments

• sonja.jpg
    sonja.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 268
  • sonja 2.jpg
    sonja 2.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 214
Anita said:
King Harald was released from hospital today . Great news !!:) http://www.aftenposten.no/english/local/article1031171.ece

that great news for King and he would stay at palaces to rest they wont get his heart attack.

when my dad had heart surgery but i dont wanted him get heart attack like that but i went see my dad everyday and more important for me to care my dad and the nurse who care my dad after his surgery its would be great! but i love my dad very much!

Sara Boyce

Queen Sonja opened Folgefonna national park, Saturday.

Pictures: Aftenposten/SCANPIX.

Attachments

• _026397_jpg_284930h.jpg
    _026397_jpg_284930h.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 213
  • _026398_jpg_284931h.jpg
    _026398_jpg_284931h.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 216
  • _026399_jpg_284932h.jpg
    _026399_jpg_284932h.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 252
  • _forsiden_jpg_284929h.jpg
    _forsiden_jpg_284929h.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 210
Very nice pictures, thanks Norwegianne! :)

And what a wonderful avatar you have, Anita! Lovely!

Have they announced when Harald will come back?

marezdote said:
Have they announced when Harald will come back?

It was said that he would have about two months leave, wasn't it? I guess that they might want to start him out little by little as to not over-tax him.

In the official programme, Haakon is mentioned to be the Crown Prince Regent until at least the end of May. But who knows?

Several papers says the King will resume his dutis for the celebration of the centennial on June 7. First there will be a ceremony in Stortinget attended by the King, Queen and CP couple, and in the evening there is a concert which will be attended by the intired royal family that is King, Queen, Haakon and Mette-Marit, The Princesses Märtha, Astrid and Ragnhild with their familys. A couple of days later there is a visit from the swedish royal couple and there will be a full gala at the palace, also attended by AFAIK the intired Norwegian royal family and of course the swedish King and Queen.

Here are some pictures from the Queen today, First she attended a conference and then she saw the TINE relay which encourages young schoolcildren to be fysical active. Therefore the Queen decided to set a good example and she walked home to the palace accompanied by the Mayor of Oslo and the head of information Astrid Versto (woman in black with red scarf), and let the limo drive home empty.

From VG and Aftenposten

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 321
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 285
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 269
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 252
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:
wow! it s not normal to see a queen walking in a park... :)

Queen Sonja opened the exhibition "Kiss the Frog" on saturday at the nationa museum in Oslo. The frog which is part of the exhibiton ways four tons, and so when the Queen was asked if shed like to have some of the art in her home she said she did not have room for such big things, but that she would recomand the exhibition to the other members of her family. The Queen said the King was doing fine and had just been out sailing, which is a part of his program to get fit again

http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=278942

More pictures from Sonjas last engagement, and a meeting with a rather suprised palace gardener. The Queen complimented him on his work and said it was becomming very beautiful around the palace

story in Norwegian and three pictures
http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=104903

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom