Unmarried, Single & Eligible Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And even before that , Lord Mountbatten reportedly tried to match King Carl Gustaf with Princess Anne, but apparently Carl Gustaf was not interested.

Those British/Swedish matches are recurrent because members of the two royal houses really match very well in terms of age and religion. Madeleine for example would have been perfect for William.

I like the idea of Gabriel and Leonor, or Elisabeth and a Lichtenstein Prince. After the fall of the monarchy in France, Italy, Portugal , Bavaria and Austria, there are few reigning Catholic royal families and An interdynastic marriage between those who are left would be great. I guess the last one involving ruling families was between GD Jean and Princess Josephine Charlotte and that was a long time ago.

EDIT: It has just occurred to me that , if Elisabeth of Belgium married one of the younger sons of Prince Alois, for example Nikolaus who is about her age I think, then her children, including the possible future King or Queen of the Belgians , would also be in the Jacobite line of succession to the British throne, wouldn’t they ? That would be an interesting development !

This is so true. There's just a few remaining Catholic royal families and yes, Leonor and Gabriel would be a great match.

Actually the last interdynastic marriage to date was with Prince Nikolaus of Liechtenstein and Princess Margaretha of Luxembourg (m. 1982)

As with Elisabeth marrying Nikolaus, it's a beautiful combination too. The Jacobite line of succession will surely be a great point of topic if that's the case.:flowers:

Any Princesses for Pablo Nicolás Urdangarin? He is growing up so fast and is very handsome too.

Last edited:
As with Elisabeth marrying Nikolaus, it's a beautiful combination too. The Jacobite line of succession will surely be a great point of topic if that's the case.:flowers:

Maybe on this board and maybe they might be interested in Belgium and Lichtenstein, butI'm thinking in the UK (or at least England, Wales and N. Ireland) people would a) have to be reminded what the Jacobite claim is and b) be reminded that Belgium has a Royal Family. Not much news gets reported on other royal families at all.

This is so true. There's just a few remaining Catholic royal families and yes, Leonor and Gabriel would be a great match.

Actually the last interdynastic marriage to date was with Prince Nikolaus of Liechtenstein and Princess Margaretha of Luxembourg (m. 1982)

Any Princesses for Pablo Nicolás Urdangarin? He is growing up so fast and is very handsome too.
Pablo is no Prince just as Pierre Casiraghi and Peter Philips aren’t princes.

I can't see any reason why they could not. Although they are the spares, the chances of two spares, who married each other, coming to the throne of their individual countries would be quite remote.

The only issue I can see is that, as we all know, many of the Royal Families are related, albeit more distantly nowadays. Nevertheless, concerns about inherited genetic problems would no doubt be looked into. I don't think anyone wants a return to the sad days of dynastic marriages producing children with serious health problems because genetics was not understood or poorly understood.
Which sad days? Not all marriages were sad but I get your point to a lesser extent. What possible defects will come out of a hypothetical dynastic match? The vast majority of European royals reigning are married to commoners so what could happen so badly.

Who are the most eligible singles from the nobility?
The current Duke of Westminster

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure if British nobles are necessarily more eligible than nobles from other countries.

I can not imagine that an eventual title or arms of a future spouse to Princess Elisabeth, Princess Amalia, etc. would be left aside in the titulature of their children. That would be an end to tradition. After all, the children are as much his as hers.

Under Article 3 of the Belgian decree on the coats of arms of the royal house, male-line and female-line Princesses of Belgium carry the same arms, which do not reference the arms of their other parent. Thus, like Princess Astrid's and Princess Delphine's children, Princess Elisabeth's children will not bear their father's arms.

https://www.ejustice.just.fgov.be/mopdf/2003/04/08_1.pdf#Page8

Most royal and noble mothers have their titles and arms left aside in the titles and arms of their children, even though the children are as much hers as his.

Who are the most eligible nobles from other countries?

Continental royals and nobles whom have castles, estates, lands, forests, art collections etc. to inherit? There are plenty of them.

I know the names I'm going to mention are children and the days of Dynastic/arranged marriages are long gone but it's just hypothetical

So, as we know that two heirs to the thrones cannot marry as they're supposed to be king/Queen of their respective countries eg.

Prince George/Princess Estelle
Prince Christan/Princess Leonor
Prince Constantine/Princess Ingrid

But what about the second child(ren) aka the Spare. Who are also in line of succession but behind their parents (if grandparents are the Monarchs), older siblings and future children of their siblings. Can two Spares get married like
Princess Charlotte/Prince Oscar
Princess Sofia/Prince Achileas-Andreas
Prince Prince Sverre Magnus of Norway/Princess Isabella ?

Again, it's just a hypothetical question

Getting married shouldn't be the problem, whether both of them keep their succession rights is a different question. While the British are fine having foreign monarchs/royal families in their line of succession, I'd think that most other countries would ask the couple to make a decision: either one or the other.

Swedish billionaire Count Carl Douglas is to my knowledge unmarried. Co-heir to his father's massive fortune and (co-?)owner of the ancestral castle Rydboholm (in the family since at least 1430) this 57-year old descendant of the Sture, Vasa & Brahe families is a first cousin of Hereditary princess Sophie of Liechtenstein through his aunt Duchess Elisabeth in Bavaria. Another aunt of his, Rosita, was for many years married to the 11th Duke of Marlborough.

Carl's second-cousin, the 29-year old Count Mauritz Douglas is also unmarried. He is the only child of the owner of Ekensholm castle, Count Archibald Douglas and Archduchess Walburga Habsburg-Lothringen, a granddaughter of the last emperor of Austria.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if British nobles are necessarily more eligible than nobles from other countries.

Under Article 3 of the Belgian decree on the coats of arms of the royal house, male-line and female-line Princesses of Belgium carry the same arms, which do not reference the arms of their other parent. Thus, like Princess Astrid's and Princess Delphine's children, Princess Elisabeth's children will not bear their father's arms.

https://www.ejustice.just.fgov.be/mopdf/2003/04/08_1.pdf#Page8

They carry the same arms, but I believe different shield designs are used by men and women.

Don Filippo Colonna do Paliano (1995), son of Don Prospero of the Princes Colonna (Papal nobility) is eligible and single

Swedish billionaire Count Carl Douglas is to my knowledge unmarried. Co-heir to his father's massive fortune and (co-?)owner of the ancestral castle Rydboholm (in the family since at least 1430) this 57-year old descendant of the Sture, Vasa & Brahe families is a first cousin of Hereditary princess Sophie of Liechtenstein through his aunt Duchess Elisabeth in Bavaria. Another aunt of his, Rosita, was for many years married to the 11th Duke of Marlborough.

Carl's second-cousin, the 29-year old Count Mauritz Douglas is also unmarried. He is the only child of the owner of Ekensholm castle, Count Archibald Douglas and Archduchess Walburga Habsburg-Lothringen, a granddaughter of the last emperor of Austria.

Count Carl Douglas is married to Pauline Flach.

YOu mean the richest?
It’s not just about being rich, the person has to be at least from their 20s to may be early/mid 40s. They have to be well connected, typically good looking, educated and be financially secure with no troublesome past.

Who are the richest?
The current Duke of Westminster, the sons of Prince Alois of Liechtenstein (the princely family are bankers), the grandsons of Earl Cadogan, The sons of Viscount Portman, the son of Count Peter Czernin (son of the Baroness Howard de Walden who are owners of real estate in Marylebone estate), Prince Albert of Thurn und Taxis, etc.

Last edited:
The current Duke of Westminster, the sons of Prince Alois of Liechtenstein (the princely family are bankers), the grandsons of Earl Cadogan, The sons of Viscount Portman, the son of Count Peter Czernin (son of the Baroness Howard de Walden who are owners of real estate in Marylebone estate), Prince Albert of Thurn und Taxis, etc.

Makes one wonder if they are gay or waiting for Miss de Right. Will end up in a marriage of convenience with love or without any feelings, safe for status?
I'd love read their stories, something that makes their live worth it for me, but they are so private, I guess I won't get a chance-

Count Carl Douglas is married to Pauline Flach.
Thank you! I couldn't find any info on Carl's marital status or another woman listed on his adress besides his mother. Do you know if they have any children?

Makes one wonder if they are gay or waiting for Miss de Right. Will end up in a marriage of convenience with love or without any feelings, safe for status?
I'd love read their stories, something that makes their live worth it for me, but they are so private, I guess I won't get a chance-
Both Hugh Westminster and Albert of Thurn und Taxis have girlfriends as far as I know.

Both Hugh Westminster and Albert of Thurn und Taxis have girlfriends as far as I know.
Well the girl that was linked to Hugh some time ago, some say they broke up. Anyways we won’t actually know because he’s never appeared publicly with her. If they are still together, maybe they will be engaged. If not, he has choices.

Last edited:
Wenzel of Liechtenstein was dating an American, but they broke up, some say they rekindled. For others, their status is unknown

Last edited:
Well the girl that was linked to Hugh some time ago, some say they broke up. Anyways we won’t actually know because he’s never appeared publicly with her. If they are still together, maybe they will be engaged. If not, he has choices
There were press reports that they were back together. Anyway as you say we won't know until their relationship is made public. If, and I stress if, Hugh is invited to the coronation I think he's more likely to bring his mother than his girlfriend.

Prince Johann-Wenzel of Liechtenstein has been engaged to Countess Felicitas von Hartig since last autumn. Their wedding is set to take place this summer.

Edit: 300hrs later I've realized the posters above were talking about Joseph-Wenzel, not Johann-Wenzel.

Last edited:
Prince Johann-Wenzel of Liechtenstein has been engaged to Countess Felicitas von Hartig since last autumn. Their wedding is set to take place this summer.
Sorry but this isn’t the engagement thread. The member(s)of the princely family that were mentioned were the sons of Alois of Liechtenstein. But yes, the father of Johan Wenzel, Prince Gundakar has a second son who isn’t engaged or married.

Back
Top Bottom