Pick Four Royals For A Dinner Party!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulina

Gentry
City
San Francisco
Country
United States
Which four royals would you want at a small dinner party at your house? Or better, one of their houses? And why

I think a fun, all-girl evening would include Princesses Maxima, Marta-Louise, Stephanie, and Clothilde.

They all seem to have a great sense of humor, a great smile, and lots of personality.

For this group, I would have a barbecue in someone's backyard.

Pierre Casiraghi, Prince Felix of Luxembourg, Prince Amedeo of Belgium and Prince guillaume of Luxembourg OMG 4 hot guys just for me what a dream hahahaha

if it was all girls though...

Charlotte Casiraghi, Princess Alexandra of Luxembourg, Princess Beatrice and Zara Phillips hahaha...what a diverse group that would be ^__^

I would have Prince Haakon (minus Mette Marit), Prince Hashem of Jordan, Prince Nikolaos of Greece and Jaime of Bourbon Parme (he's hot).
We would an arabian style party in Jordan in tents with hot lamb and shwarmas........mmmm

Hmm. A guy and 4 women. O, my. Let´s see. How about Märtha Louise, Mathilde, Mette-Marit and Mary? Yeah, that would be good. I´m sure there are plenty of other wonderful and personable female royals out there but I think that they would be my top 4. It would be a small intimate party with plenty of hors d´oeuvres prepared by yours truly followed by a 5 course meal(made by yours truly as well), and ending with a fireside chat(with coffee and cakes) about various things like travel, their respective countries, hideous fashions and the best and worst things that they have encountered as princesses.(Like the people with the clammiest handshakes or the little things that make their heart warm for example). :)

What a great question: Prince Albert of Monaco, Prince Nik of Greece, Princess Victoria, and the Duchess of York. What a great conversation that could be!!

1. Queen Noor
2. Crown Princess Victoria
3. Crown Princess Mary
4. Queen Margarethe

Two born & bred Princess's & two who have married into the job. It would be interesting to see what advice Noor could give Mary, and the same from Margarethe to CP Victoria.

If I had been able to choose a fifth royal it would have been the Princess Royal as I think she is an extremely down to earth and interesting person.

Okay, now I have to answer for myself again. Hmmm. If it were me and four princes, well, they would have to be Haakon, Nikolaos of Greece, The Italian one, what's his name who is married to Clothilde, and Filipe of Spain. Those only because I like the looks of all of them! And they seem fun and actually nice. Then at the end of the evening, I'd have to give a rose to three of them. Oh, no! I've just gone down in the gutter by thinking Elimidate the Princes!! LOLOLOL

Dennism said:
Hmm. A guy and 4 women. O, my. Let´s see. How about Märtha Louise, Mathilde, Mette-Marit and Mary? Yeah, that would be good. I´m sure there are plenty of other wonderful and personable female royals out there but I think that they would be my top 4. It would be a small intimate party with plenty of hors d´oeuvres prepared by yours truly followed by a 5 course meal(made by yours truly as well), and ending with a fireside chat(with coffee and cakes) about various things like travel, their respective countries, hideous fashions and the best and worst things that they have encountered as princesses.(Like the people with the clammiest handshakes or the little things that make their heart warm for example). :)

No Vicky :D ????

I would have Prince Amedeo and Prince Guillaume, Crown Princess Victoria and Crown Princess Mathilde (and little Princess Elisabeth – it would be so cute to have her there as well) who all seem like lovely, interesting people, for a dinner party. Märtha Louise would also be a nice person to have over for dinner but we only are allowed 4 people.

Last edited:
royal_sophietje said:
No Vicky :D ????
Being a good host requires one to spend a roughly equal amount of time with each guest especially where there are only a few guests. Now I would have a very hard time doing that should the Crown Princess show up with 3 of her fellow princesses. Or not. Maybe I could steal a look or talk to her one on one as the night progesses anyway. :)

Queen Sofia of Spain because she would bring class to the dinner.
Lady Helen Taylor because she could converse about art as well as fashion.
Princess Margriet of the Netherlands because she seems genuine, kind and friendly.
Queen Noor of Jordan because she could provide some interesting insight into politics and peace in the free world.

I wouldn't waste my time with royals if it was simply something to do with their looks. It doesn't make for good dinner conversation if you have a nice face but an empty head, another reason it's not wise to confuse royalty with celebrity. That being my reasoning, I would choose:

Queen Elizabeth II, a lifetime of vast experiences and probably one of the best conversationalists because she's had to do it with so many people along with the fact that she's said to be very witty and funny.

Princess Caroline of Monaco, I think she might provide interesting insights into the events surrounding her own life, regarding her mother, her choice of husbands, her interests in the arts.

King Juan Carlos, I think his life has been so unusual as one of the few to ever regain their throne in the twentieth century. He must have lots of interesting anecdotes about what really went on behind the scenes.

King Michael of Romania, for similar reasons I think his life has been fascinating as someone who lost a throne but against all expectations was able to return to his country. His experiences from his childhood through the war, communism, exile and into the present must be very intriguing.

Julian,
You really gave it some thought! Throw in Queen Noor who's insights into the middle east from the point of view of having grown up in the west and the conversation would be scintillating.
Mind you I would prefer Prince Rainer to his daughter for reasons similar to those you sight for QEII.

I think I would choose Princess Alice the Duchess of Gloucester (if she were able to make the trip, with her we could talk about all of the changes the world has seen since her birth: television, flight, automobiles, etc.), Prince Guillaume and Princess Sibilla of Luxembourg (they are such a classy pair), and probably Princess Lalla Salma of Morocco (it would be interesting to find out how she feels about her position in Morocco, she is really the first spouse of the King to be seen officially).

We would probably have a pot-luck of some sort where everybody brought their favorite dish.

For a just girl party i would invite

-Mette Marit
-Maxima
-Mary
-Alexandra

but for a me and only boys I would invite

-Haakon
-Felipe
-Frederick
-William

A girls-night-out only would be:

Maxima (she would be the life of the party I think!)
Letizia
Mary
Masako (just to get her out of the house and away from the gorgons)

The boys:
Nikolaos
Felipe
William
Harry (in case big brother couldn't make it)

I'm sure we'd all have a great time!

Dennism said:
And where, dear Dennism, is your beloved Victoria? Would you not like to invite her? I find it odd that she is not listed. Hmmm......:)

A tough question when it's limited to only four dinner guests ... But I would opt for, as Julian put it, stimulating dinner conversation over good looks or stylish clothes. (We'd have to have a meat-free meal because Queen Sofia is a vegetarian and somewhere with lots of windows and plenty of ashtrays to air out the room while Queen Margrethe puffs away!)

Queen Sofia because she has a lot of 'experience' and insight into being a royal as someone who is royal born but someone who has also helped to re-establish the Spanish monarchy under trepidous circumstances. And not only that but made a pretty successful go at it with her husband. (I would love to hear what she thinks of her cousin Prince Ernst August of Hannover!)

Crown Princess Mette-Marit (naturally!) because she's led a rather full life before becoming a royal and overcome numerous problems and obstacles, including being a single mom. She is one of the rare princesses in today's modern monarchy who makes me believe (at age 25) that fairytale princesses do exist. I'd like to hear how she has coped with the vast changes in her life since meeting Haakon and the continuing obstacles she faces/encounters. (And I'd want to see her albums-full of pictures of Ingrid Alexandra and Marius!)

Queen Noor for her experiences, insight and potential solutions into Middle East politics and how to achieve peace. And also to get a different insight (from Mette-Marit's perspective and experiences) on how a commoner can become a role-model of a queen and an exemplary Jordanian woman. And how one copes and adapts to life without the great love of their life and being a single mom to older children.

Queen Margrethe for her experiences and the lessons she's learned on being a princess bred for the crown. I'd also be interested in hearing her views on art and what inspires her art work, theatre productions and books.

For me

Princess Alexandra of Denmark - im intrigued by her life, she seems happy in pictures yet they are filing for divorce...

Princess Letizia of Spain - I'd like to hear how she converses in English, about literature, her experiences as a journalist, her new life :)

Princess Madeleine - I'd like to hear from her how is it like to be born with a King and Queen as parents, and as the youngest and prettiest swedish princess.

Crown Princess Mette-Marit - she's the most natural and down to earth princess for me

Last edited:
Hmmm..only 4?:) For a girls' night out party, I would invite Mary, Mathilde, Margrethe and Sofia. For one with only the men, Luis Alfonso de Borbon, Nikolaos of Greece, Amadeo of Belgium and Harry of Great Britain.

mgrant said:
And where, dear Dennism, is your beloved Victoria? Would you not like to invite her? I find it odd that she is not listed. Hmmm......:)
I explained why in my post above. ;)

What about some more royals from throughout history? Henry VIII probably was a jolly fellow as long as you stayed on his good side that is.

Dennism said:
What about some more royals from throughout history? Henry VIII probably was a jolly fellow as long as you stayed on his good side that is.
Going on that vein:

The Duchess of Windsor
Queen Elizabeth I
Charles II
Queen Christina of Sweden

Where is Victoria????

Oh, Victoria.....hmmmm. Why not invited????? Mary Shawn
Dennism said:

I love interesting and creative questions like this! Thank you. I would invite:

Queen Noor for others' reasons and she IS my favorite.

Queen Raina to see how they get along......I suppose I might have to be braced for a food fight (kidding)!

Princess Noor to see how she's doing and what she could learn from others.

Prince William to keep us all in line and give us something to look at--actually, he would be sub for his mother who I adored.

Wow. I lose at parties. But if I had to choose.....

-Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume of Luxembourg
-Queen Anne-Marie of Greece [I really like her, she's so sweet]
-Prince Johan-Friso of the Netherlands
-Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte of Luxembourg

.....wow. What a wierd dinner party that would be.

-Kara-

Interesting group of people indeed.

I'd invite Crown Princess Mette-Marit cuz I think she is cool and a true fairy tale princess.
Queen Elizabeth II cuz I think she has alot of wisdom and alot of experiences that I'd like to hear.
Prince William cuz I would like to know his vision for the future and how he expects to fulfill his role now and in the future
Et...Prince Harry cuz I want to know what he plans to do with his life and I want to know the true Harrry-not what the tabloids put out.

If a can invite only boys :p
Prince Amedeo of Belgium
Archduke Imre of Austria
Prince Harry of England
Prince Felix of Luxembourg

If is a girls' party:
Crown Princess Victoria
Infanta Cristina
Queen Margarethe
The new Duchess of Anjou

Status
Not open for further replies.