Royal Hairstyles Part 1: January 2009 - December 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's great to see her lovely face and a beautiful updo at the same time. I really like the intricacy of the style and can just imagine the Halo tiara nestled in her hair.

Last edited:
It's great to see her lovely face and a beautiful updo at the same time. I really like the intricacy of the style and can just imagine the Halo tiara nestled in her hair.

Totally agree! She does have a lovely face and the updo is superb! She's got alot of hair and there are so many intricate and fascinating updo's I'm sure we'll see in the future.

Lovely. I get all jumpy and clappy whenever she pulls her hair back. And that updo is superb!

Infanta Elena with a half up do. Looks like its tarted off to be a braid but ended up being something else

ImageBam

Infanta Elena with a half up do. Looks like its tarted off to be a braid but ended up being something else

ImageBam
I´m loving it. Much better than her usual braid.
Thst´s the perfect kind of hairdo for very formal daytime events, IMO.

It's a really beautiful and elegant hairstyle.
Letizia looked wonderful.

Mary's hairstyle during the State Visit from China
Pic 1 ** Side view
I love the back view, it is elegant and graceful but, the side view shows too much of a bouffant effect so that the hair is puffed up higher than her tiara. Very 60's . . . very!

QM during the State Visit from China
Back view looked good
Pic 1 ** Top view
Terrifc look from one of the "queens" of tiara hair. Loved the back view and the top is typical Margrethe, just a little bit of fun.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/-qGpwDUwOUng/U...umblr_mc7wu5ObfJ1qg2128o1_1280%255B3%255D.jpg
here it looks that she had added a piece to her bun, the one around outside it does not look her hair, she has short heair to have such a big bun, so it has to be a piece! i like it!

moderators i took the photo from this forum, i am not sure i can posted but if you consider is wrong please remove it!

I'm fairly certain that she is using one of these bun-thingys (I believe they are called "hair donuts"?) It looks like her hair has either been wrapped around one of those things or tied in a knot.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/-qGpwDUwOUng/U...umblr_mc7wu5ObfJ1qg2128o1_1280%255B3%255D.jpg
here it looks that she had added a piece to her bun, the one around outside it does not look her hair, she has short heair to have such a big bun, so it has to be a piece! i like it!

moderators i took the photo from this forum, i am not sure i can posted but if you consider is wrong please remove it!

I agree with you ,, or she had added a hair piece OR extension to her hair ,, But very Nice bun or hairdo .

HGD Stephanie has beautiful, thick hair. I wonder how she will wear it for her daytime engagements now that she has a new role in the GD family.

Maybe not the right thread for this, if not could one of the mods please move it?

Kate gets raked over hot coals on this forum for having the temerity to not follow the advice of posters that she should wear it up more often. As an indication of just how out of touch those people are, Kate came top of a poll of British women who were asked whose hair they most envy. I hope Kate continues to style her hair as she has been doing; the British people clearly love it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Duchess of Cambridge: Kate Middleton has most envied hair among women, followed Jerry Hall, Cheryl Cole | Mail Online

Maybe not the right thread for this, if not could one of the mods please move it?

Kate gets raked over hot coals on this forum for having the temerity to not follow the advice of posters that she should wear it up more often. As an indication of just how out of touch those people are, Kate came top of a poll of British women who were asked whose hair they most envy. I hope Kate continues to style her hair as she has been doing; the British people clearly love it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Duchess of Cambridge: Kate Middleton has most envied hair among women, followed Jerry Hall, Cheryl Cole | Mail Online

:previous: Catherine's hair is her crowning glory. I love her hair long and down!!

I am Catherine's biggest fan and I love articles praising her fashion.

50 reasons Kate Middleton is a style icon | Celebrity Pictures | Marie Claire

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Kate's hair as well. A change every now and then is nice, particularly with evening wear. However, she could wear it her normal way all the time and it wouldn't bother me.:flowers:

:previous: Catherine's hair is her crowning glory. I love her hair long and down!!

I love her hair as well. It's very pretty and well-managed. I'd love to know what products she uses to get the frizziness out (we have the same type of hair; not just curly, but disgustingly frizzy if not managed in a proper manner).

I like Kate's hair as well. A change every now and then is nice, particularly with evening wear. However, she could wear it her normal way all the time and it wouldn't bother me.:flowers:

I agree with you. I think her hair is quite lovely. It would be nice to see a different style once in a while, but I don't mind if she wears her hair in her regular fashion, I'd be more than OK with it.

Her hair is fantastic, whenever she steps out you can b sure there will be someone on This board complaining about her hair. Their favorite term is "up do" : rolls eyes:

I wasn't aware that this was an "adoration" forum for Kate. Of course there is and always will be criticism. Her hair is just hair...sometimes it looks good and sometimes it does not look good. Sometimes it suits an outfit, sometimes it doesn't. It's just hair, whether up or down.

Are you referring to the black and white thing with cape and stud-like objects on it? For the love of God, if that's it, I hope Catherine stays as far away from it as possible. What a monstrosity. I do like the dark grey skirt at the bottom. I think it would be a great piece for Catherine to wear on casual outings, and less formal appearances.

I like the cape ensemble. Kate could wear the heck out of that outfit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Her hair is fantastic, whenever she steps out you can b sure there will be someone on This board complaining about her hair. Their favorite term is "up do" : rolls eyes:

And on few occasion some will say she needs to take note from Mary on how she should do her up do

And on few occasion some will say she needs to take note from Mary on how she should do her up do

I wonder why you think she should take notes just from Mary? Maxima, Victoria, Mette-Marit, Madeleine, Letizia etc have all had some wonderful ways of wearing their hair up.

I like Mary's style as well but I don't think she is the only royal lady who has it and I don't think Catherine needs to become Mary part 2.

Calenei said:
I wonder why you think she should take notes just from Mary? Maxima, Victoria, Mette-Marit, Madeleine, Letizia etc have all had some wonderful ways of wearing their hair up.

I like Mary's style as well but I don't think she is the only royal lady who has it and I don't think Catherine needs to become Mary part 2.

Agreed. Catherine is Catherine; she's not Mary, Maxima, Mette-Marit, etc. there's no need for her to copy any of those women, or take tips from them. I love her style as is, and I hope she sticks with it.

Catherine taking lessons from Mary lol. That made me laugh. Catherine is a British Princess, the last thing she is thinking about is Mary's hair.

I don't think miche was saying she should. He / she (?) was probably referring to quite a few posts that mentioned the Catherine should take tips from Mary (whether the clothes or hair or something else). I was always surprised by those posts. Can't understand why people think Mary is better than Kate, and that what is seems when I read she should take notes from Mary. But the truth is, I have never seen anyone saying "Catherine should take pointers from Maxima, Victoria, Mette-Marit, Madeleine, Letizia etc...". It's always been Mary mentioned. Thus I think the reason miche mentioned Mary.
Kate is herself, she does not need notes or pointers from Mary or any other Princess, she is doing great job herself.

Sorry for the rant, but I don't like comparisons. Each Princess is beautiful in her own way, each has her own features and we should stick to that. Saying that someone should take note on wardrobe or clothes from someone else is to me like saying that other person is better. And that's not nice.

I wasn't aware that this was an "adoration" forum for Kate. Of course there is and always will be criticism. Her hair is just hair...sometimes it looks good and sometimes it does not look good. Sometimes it suits an outfit, sometimes it doesn't. It's just hair, whether up or down.

Not and "adoration" forum. Wonder where that comes from. Merely forum for people to state their opinion. And since this is Duchess of Cambridge thread, of course people will talk about Kate. And if the posters like her hair, so they are saying it. You think different, and you just stated same. So let others do the same.
For you her hair is just hair, for someone else, it's a great feature; someone else will not even mention it as they won't care. And I am sure there will be people who won't like her hair as well.

Everyone can state what they think, as long as it's in respectful manner.

Just wanted to add, it WAS is Duchess of Cambridge thread but it has been moved, so my entire post was correct until moved. Still stand behind the rest of what I wrote though ;)

Last edited:

I'm not saying I think she should take note from others. I was just saying "some" as in others on this forum have said numerous time that she should take notes from others.

I was agreeing with XeniaCasaraghi and you are basically saying what I have thought and said on many occasion (whether from this forum or OoS) when others have basically said Catherine should be a clone of Mary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom