Queen Máxima's Eveningwear Part 2: April 2014 - March 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: to be blunt I thought we had a wardrobe malfunction until I realised that what looks like "skin" is in fact the lining of the bows. Thats the good news but the fuss and the shine and the bows are just too fussy; and it makes her look as if she has a bigger body shape than she has.

ha! me the same. i thought omg something's hanging out. while i like the colour pattern, the top part of the dress is no, just no.

It is very Max. A 9/10 on the Max-o-meter for me. She loves big bows at the shoulder. Is she mixing silver and gold accessories? I like that on plebes like me but not so much on royals. I suppose it's another old fogey thing I have. :lol:

I'm off to look for the hairstyle from the back. It seems to have promise. Edit: Found it http://robinutrecht.photoshelter.com/img/pixel.gif Nice

Last edited:
I Too thought she "escaped" on that side..haha! She looks beautiful but its not my favorite dress.

Máxima at a gala dinner in Seoul, South Korea, today, November 3, wearing a new dress with a special upper part:

** Full view **

Holy cow! And that's the g rated version of my first thought. She looks like a mermaid on steroids! Not sure what I feel about the top- love the sparkly neckline, but not the keyhole thing in the chest area, but overall, I have to say I love this, but only on Max.So not me, and if it were anyone else, huge miss.

Last edited:
Holy cow! And that's the g rated version of my first thought. She looks like a mermaid on steroids! Not sure what I feel about the top- love the sparkly neckline, but not the keyhole thing in the chest area, but overall, I have to say I love this, but only on Max.So not me, and if it were anyone else, huge miss.

A closer look reveals how amazing the material is: http://s18.postimg.org/xdryzvj8p/I000095j_e_RFJHFg.jpg

I love it. I can not think of any other royal lady wearing such experimental materials.

The craftsmanship is great indeed. However, I find the look awkward. The bow totally overwhelms the dress distracting from the craftsmanship. I agree with cepe about the illusion of the wardrobe malfunction. The only redeeming element of the look is hairstyle.

https://ru-royalty.livejournal.com/2575369.html
The above link contains photos of the banquet devoted to the State visit.

Last edited:
Thanks for the close pics Duc_et_Pair - the material is extraordinary and I would be interested to see the middle part of the outfit as the elements seem to kind of fade into smaller pieces. Also, I can see how this would work in different colours, maybe a dark purple version for instance.
There only thing I would change would be the gold bow lining - and not just because of the dodgy chest part.
This is another dress that I would like to see a full length version of.
We've certainly been very lucky with some amazing and experimental outfits these last days, so I'm looking forward to tomorrow!

Oh, I would love to see Max wear this in dark purple!

What a wonderful material, the close up shows that every square element has two metal parts: http://s18.postimg.org/xdryzvj8p/I000095j_e_RFJHFg.jpg It must have been an immense work, definitely a very rich and royal dress for an "evening event" without grand jewels.

The earrings dont work with the outfit at all. Sorry, but this looks like straight out of X-Men, I am already wondering what type of superhuman ability Maxima could have :p

Now I come to think of it, had the colour been black it would have had quite a punk element to it.

As for superhuman ability, I think Maxima has the superhuman ability to wear the most extraordinary clothes and colours at times, which on anyone else would look horrendous!

As for superhuman ability, I think Maxima has the superhuman ability to wear the most extraordinary clothes and colours at times, which on anyone else would look horrendous!

I agree. I like this dress but you are right. I would look stupid on just about anyone else.

The female senior royals dress to suit their personalities which is why it is mad to compare one against the other IMO

The female senior royals dress to suit their personalities which is why it is mad to compare one against the other IMO

This is true - one has to adjust ones expectations and opinions of fashion depending on who one is discussing.

From the material alone, this must have been an awful lot of work to have it "constructed". It is amazing and in fact Queen Máxima is in traditional royal steps by using materials which escape middle-of-the road.

I feel like that this is a dress that you have to see in person in order to appreciate it

I feel like that this is a dress that you have to see in person in order to appreciate it

I think that counts for most of Queen Máxima's dresses, I think the golden gown worn at the State Banquet in Japan must have been an extremely rich gown in real life.

Well she knows she is photographed and relies on that press for her many admirers. When something photographs less than it is live, like all other royals, she needs to take this into consideration. No free passes these days for anyone.

I love the dress , and I love that Max is always herself she wears the clothes she likes definitely has her own style.

:previous: to be blunt I thought we had a wardrobe malfunction until I realised that what looks like "skin" is in fact the lining of the bows. Thats the good news but the fuss and the shine and the bows are just too fussy; and it makes her look as if she has a bigger body shape than she has.
Whew, not a wardrobe malfunction but that bow was just way over the top

Thank you, I am glad you said it as I didn't want to!!
Can't blame you!

A closer look reveals how amazing the material is: http://s18.postimg.org/xdryzvj8p/I000095j_e_RFJHFg.jpg

I love it. I can not think of any other royal lady wearing such experimental materials.
Too true. This is definitely a 'Maxima' material and style.

The earrings dont work with the outfit at all. Sorry, but this looks like straight out of X-Men, I am already wondering what type of superhuman ability Maxima could have :p
You called it on the earrings. With all that going on with the dress the earrings don't seem to actually match or, suit or even look flattering.

Now I come to think of it, had the colour been black it would have had quite a punk element to it.

Oh yes, this is definitely something that only 'Maxima' could pull off . . . . . or perhaps I should rephrase it.

to be blunt I thought we had a wardrobe malfunction until I realised that what looks like "skin" is in fact the lining of the bows. Thats the good news but the fuss and the shine and the bows are just too fussy; and it makes her look as if she has a bigger body shape than she has.

Exactly so! :p Except for the oddity of that angle of the picture, though, I really like this dress. Very interesting. :flowers:

The dress is lovely from a distance but up-close the fabric is not nice at all. Her overall makes it work.

Oh lovely - a little black cocktail dress rounds things off nicely for these two state visits!

Nicely worn with the emeralds.

Thanks for the close pics Duc_et_Pair - the material is extraordinary and I would be interested to see the middle part of the outfit as the elements seem to kind of fade into smaller pieces. Also, I can see how this would work in different colours, maybe a dark purple version for instance.
There only thing I would change would be the gold bow lining - and not just because of the dodgy chest part.
This is another dress that I would like to see a full length version of.
We've certainly been very lucky with some amazing and experimental outfits these last days, so I'm looking forward to tomorrow!

Máxima wearing a cocktail dress with feathers for a concert on the final day in South Korea today, November 4.

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 ** Upper part 1 **
Upper part 2 **
First- How about fuchsia, lavender, or turquoise? Red may be a little much. I could be HM fashion stylist!
Second- Love it, but only on Max.

Love the look, Maxima looks amazing, she should wear soft curls more often! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom