Princess Letizia's Eveningwear Part 1: May 2004 - July 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love her dress, It is like a princess of the XVIII century. gorgeus

Im iffy on the dress. I LOVE the cut of the top and I like the puffy skirt but I dont think the colors are that great and dont bring out the radiant princess that she is. Her hair was beautiful though.

Letizia is so beautiful and dresses wonderfully but I'm not a fan of the dress. But her hair and tiara are absolutely beautiful! Does anybody know who designed her dress? Where did her sash disappear into to? The sash doesn't seem to go over her shoulder but slips into her dress? Has she worn that tiara before? Thanks to whoever answers my questions.:eek: :rolleyes: :p :)

Last edited:
soCal girl said:
Does anybody know who designed her dress? [...] Has she worn that tiara before?
The designer is mentioned in the above post where the photo was placed. Regarding the tiara, yes, she's worn it to the gala offered to the Latvian president (see previous pages of this thread).

I think Letizia is the most elegant Crown Princess
She is always very well in gala and Evening Gowns...
She's very well in all ocasions :p

Last edited:
I like the top of her dress, but I think the skirt is horrible and old fashion.

Elsa M. said:
Here's a sum of Letizia's gala dresses:
[...]
1. 14. Antonio Asensio Awards (Designer: Felipe Varela)
Here's a photo from the Laureus gala dinner (May 21st 2006), where she used the dress without the overcoat:

(Photo by Hola)

And this one is from the gala of CIERVAL, Valencia, on May 25th 2006:

(photo by Face to Face)

Last edited by a moderator:
At the gala dinner of the Confederation of Central Banks (June 8th 2006):

(Photo by Semana)

Elsa M. said:
A clothes shop in Zaragoza has decided to "clon" Letizia's most unforgetable dresses.
In the photos, we can see Letizia's engagement suit, her pre-wedding dinner dress and also both pre-wedding concert and wedding ceremony in Denmark, as well as both the dresses she wore at the Gómez-Acebo's weddings.
Here's also a photo of the front door of the shop, in case you decide to go there... :p

Oh thank you so much for this! I'd love to go some day, just to look around. It must be very expensive, otherwise I'd love to buy the red one she work in Denmark!

May 25th 2006 - gala of CIERVAL (Valencia)
June 15th 2006 - dinner with the enterprise associations of AGEX

(Photos by Face to Face and EFE)

June 8th 2006 - gala dinner of the Confederation of Central Banks;
June 28th 2006 - gala of the "Noche del Empresario de las Comarques Gironines".

(photos from Semana and Terra)

Same Caprile's skirt:

October 8th 2004 - gala at the Metropolitan Hall of New York, during the trip to USA;
June 1st 2006 - silver wedding celebrations in Luxembourg.

(Photos by ImagineScandinavia and Hola)

The whole ensemble

September 26th, 2006 - Reception offered by the Portuguese president to the King and Queen of Spain

r420060926160035rp5.jpg

Source: Reuters via Yahoo

Last edited:
Thanks for posting the pictures, Elsa! Letizia looked gorgeous at the Mariano Cava's Jounalistic Awards. The color and cut look really good on her. The lacy part also adds a very pretty feminine touch to it. The skirt she wore in Luxembourg looks better with the white top she wore with it before. The black top weighs down the outfit IMO.

The purse if is the same but I believe that the jacket is not the same one

Yes indeed is rather hard to tell, one picture is yellow and the other one more silver, but regardless of the picture tones I just noticed a subtle difference on the lace patterns, specifically on the left side the pattern is more busy on the "yellow" picture. Is hard to tell, I was in the believe it was the same, since one time she wore it opened and the other don't somethings changes, the cut is exactly the same and the colors changes from one picture to another depending if it is paper, digital, the light etc, but the pattern have me wondering.

Last edited:
If the jackets are different I'd not be surprised if they are by Felipe Varela. It seems to me like he usually makes very similar pieces for the Princess changing the colors or patterns a little bit.

RaniaRocks said:
Yes indeed is rather hard to tell, one picture is yellow and the other one more silver, but regardless of the picture tones I just noticed a subtle difference on the lace patterns, specifically on the left side the pattern is more busy on the "yellow" picture. Is hard to tell, I was in the believe it was the same, since one time she wore it opened and the other don't somethings changes, the cut is exactly the same and the colors changes from one picture to another depending if it is paper, digital, the light etc, but the pattern have me wondering.

carlota said:
well... i would like to say that:
- the king of spain, although he has not the financial power as abdulah of jordan, he has a lot of power in what politics concern in spain.
- i have been hearing that this year the money for letizia's dresses and gowns has increased a lot the amount of money destined for the royal house of spain.
- the royal house of spain isn't a rich monarchy compared to others in europe...

but i agree completely that rania's elegance isn't comendable....

The Spanish royal house is certainly not as rich as other in Europe, as you say, but I can assure you that it is rich enough to buy Letizia and the Queen as many designer gowns as they want. It's just that they don't feel the need to do so! And why would they do it when they can still wear fabulous gowns without spending a fortune like Rania does!

Elsa M. said:
12. Dinner offered to the Latvian President (Designer: Lorenzo Caprile);
I must say that from all Letizia Gala Wear this is one of my top ten... I love the way she looked that day, her expressive eyes, her skin, the way the sash is placed, the jewels, the purse... well, I think you're already realised how much I like it:wub: .

From Hola
Supload.com // Free Image Hosting

But I don't have the date or the occasion:blush: ...

Regards,
mtbcm:)

how many gala gowns does she have she has used a few of them twice i think gala gown i mean those that are more ball gown then evenings dresses

September 1st 2006 - a delicate dress she wore at the wedding of one of the Princes' friends. Seems like a Varela again:

(photos from SeegerPress and Hola)

I absolutely adore this dress! It's so elegant. She looks really fresh and happy.

Wow! This dress looks absolutely stunning! I love the colour! Very good choice. :flowers:

Well, i can't say much more. The dress is adorable... !

Hi everyone,

As I have made in the Mette-Marit gala dresses I would like to show you the video clips I have made with the material I have found in this thread. It was all a project to include multimedia in some web building practices I'm making and I wanted to thank you all for the material and the information I have found in the thread. I would like to thank especially to Elsa M. for the amount of photographs and information about the dresses and Nouwrein as well.

Well these are the video I hope you'd like and enjoy,

Video 1

Video 2

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom