Balmoral Castle

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My favourite seasons at Balmoral is Autumn and winter I would love to see Balmoral being used at Christmas.

My favourite seasons at Balmoral is Autumn and winter I would love to see Balmoral being used at Christmas.

It would be magical in the snow. Very cold though.:ohmy:

One of the coldest places in Britain I would presume. Definitely time to huddle in front of a roaring fire.:flowers:

It would be magical in the snow. Very cold though.:ohmy:

One of the coldest places in Britain I would presume. Definitely time to huddle in front of a roaring fire.:flowers:

And I'm sure more room than at Sandringham House ;)

Last edited:
I've never thought about their relative sizes before but yes it would make sense for a house built for a monarch to be larger than that built for her heir.

The Queen also had some of Sandringham pulled down to make it more manageable. Not sure when exactly.

Last edited:
Speaking of the Queen leaving Balmoral Castle earlier than expected, the Balmoral Castle website has updated that their guided tour will be available daily from "Saturday 3rd October until Saturday 31st October and therafter on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays during November and December.".

The Rule of six and 2m rule will be followed. Visitor will need have track and trace and face mask when indoors.

https://www.balmoralcastle.com/guided.htm

I would love to go and visit, but I don't live in the UK! :lol:

The Daily Mail have some photos of the Queen's "personal family treasure" including "vanity mirror" and "a lavish royal crib".
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...taboola_feed&ns_mchannel=rss&ico=taboola_feed

Last edited:
The Royal Family social media account has released some pictures of Balmoral Castle in wishing happy Burns Night to their Scottish followers

The Royal Family @RoyalFamily
“Wherever I wander, wherever I rove,
The hills of the Highlands for ever I love.” - Robert Burns, 1789.
Wishing all our Scottish followers a happy #BurnsNight.
???????Balmoral Castle, The Queen’s home in the Highlands, and the River Dee are pictured on a recent Winter’s day.
9:58 PM · Jan 25, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Simply stunning in the winters setting :previous:

Balmoral

King George VI and Queen Elizabeth, Princess Elizabeth, Princess Margaret, Princess Maud, Lady Carnegie and the Hon. James Carnegie (the future 3rd Duke of Fife) were at the Braemar Gathering in 1938 during their summer holiday. The Braemar Gathering was near Balmoral Castle in Scotland.

https://royalwatcherblog.com/2020/09/20/braemar-gathering-1938/

Beautiful photo of the rainbow at Balmoral and the Group photo of the royal family.

Truly lovely, would love to visit there.

Wonderful scenery at Balmoral and especially this time of the year and the queen has departed for Windsor.

Wonderful scenery at Balmoral and especially this time of the year and the queen has departed for Windsor.

It will be even more special in a few weeks, when the leaves turn colour.

It will be even more special in a few weeks, when the leaves turn colour.
And then we'll have the autumn frosts at Balmoral a sign of winters approach.

I wonder if the minarets at Balmoral are functional.

Simply gorgeous. A true winter wonderland! ?

Foggy and Frost a picture perfect Christmas Card photo.

A winter wonderland at Balmoral!

Back
Top Bottom