Royal Variety Performance - All Years

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I actually think it was nice that Princess Anne attended, i think she and Sir Tim had more chance of enjoying it than HM and Prince Philip would. I mean the Queen is in her 80s, Prince Philip in his 90s, would any other couple that old want to go (and go all the way to Manchester from London) to see the type of show the Royal Variety is?
Having watched the show on ITV player I thought I saw Princess Anne thank Hayley Westenra after she sang the anthem which I though was particularly sweet of Anne and showed a different side to her than if often reported.
I imagine Anne and Tim rather enjoyed themselves!

The Royal Variety Performance 2013 in the presence of TRH The Prince of Wales & Duchess of Cornwall- Is on Live on ITV1 Now-
tvpc.com - ITV-1

I think this is the equivalent of the Royal short straw :lol:

Dame Shirley is probably the only one that the Queen has heard of. With Ed Sheeran, she would be thinking that wow Harry can sing but he needs a haircut.

The lineup is definitely more the Cambridges taste in music.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

What date is this years Royal Variety show?

:previous: This year's show is on November 13th.

And it's still considered work! ;-)

British Royals @britishroyals · 2h 2 hours ago
This year's Royal Variety Performance - with the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge - will air on @ITV on Monday, 8 December, 7.30pm

Royal Variety Performance 2014: With Their Royal Highnesses The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge- Today on ITV from 7:30pm to 10:15pm UK Time-
Outside UK Viewers:
tvpc.com - ITV 1

The Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall will be attending the Royal Variety Performance this year. Takes place on the 6th of December.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have arrived at the Royal Variety Performance.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...iam-meet-stars-Royal-Variety-Performance.html

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have joined a dazzling array of stars at the Royal Variety Performance show.

Kate, who is four months pregnant with the couple's third child, looked stunning in a crystal-embellished full-length blue gown.

Tonight, the royals will watch a stellar line-up of artists including James Blunt, Louis Tomlinson, Paloma Faith and Seal at the evening gala hosted by Miranda Hart at the London Palladium.

With 89 shows spanning 105 years, the event is held in aid of the Entertainment Artistes' Benevolent Fund of which the Queen is patron.

The evening will be hosted by Miranda Hart and will also include performances from The Killers and The Script.

The couple last attended the event in 2014 when Kate, who was then pregnant with Princess Charlotte, showed off her burgeoning bump in a black lace gown from Diane von Furstenberg - a dress also owned by Prince Harry's girlfriend and rumoured fiancée, Meghan Markle.

Last edited:
Kate looked lovely. That dress is AMAZING!!! It saddens me that tiaras aren't worn anymore at these performances. Does anyone know the last year that tiaras were worn and why it was stopped?

This made my day :D

“Never let it be said that Prince William doesn’t do what the British public demand from him – as on Tuesday night he stood up from the Royal Box at the London Palladium and galloped.

Yes, GALLOPED.

It was all part of an on-going sketch at the annual Royal Variety Performance that saw host Miranda Hart attempt to get the royal to take part in her favourite activity – galloping.”

Read more: Prince William galloped in the royal box on Royal Variety Performance

Royal Variety viewers praise Prince William for joining in on Miranda Hart jokes and GALLOPING in royal box...

Last edited:
Yes, we've been expecting this news. It will be good to see them, and of course Meghan's gown!

This engagement to the Royal Variety Performance should be special because it would be the first time a royal who had a solid career in the performing arts (Meghan) would be attending. Edward dabbled but I don't think he attended.

It has been only since 2014 William and Harry entered rotation. Prior it was the queen and Charles rotating, with one year Anne.

But indeed it was Harrys year in rotation so no surprise.

Great to see though with Meghan on his arm this year. Her career in performing an extra level to it.

Another thing...Meghan will make her debut as an expecting mother. The same as Catherine did in 2014.

Back
Top Bottom