Is The Royal Family Uninspiring or Isolated?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Queen do not travel overseas for funerals and weddings because The Queen adheres to the royal protocol strictly. Usually The Queen is represented to such events by other members of the royal family such as HRH Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh who represented The Queen at the late Pope John Paul II's funeral at The Vatican.

She was represented at the funeral of John Paul II's funeral by her son, HRH The Prince of Wales, not her husband.

I think that those 2 factors are the key:
1) Different ages
2) Because the Queen is represented rather than travel herself, "less significant" royals frequently attend for her (e.g. Ed & Sophie @ Danish CP couple's wedding), so they are sometimes more overlooked.

I don't think they are too isolated. Seriously, we have to take into consideration the age of the Queen and Prince Phillip. To say neither of them are spring chickens is an understatement.

Whilst the Queen does not seem to be cutting down on engagements, I think she is delegating most of the overseas ones to Charles and the rest of the younger crew.

But, let's just keep in mind, HM texts her grandchildren, podcasts etc. She obviously has taken the new information era to heart, and having grandchildren and great-grandchildren is obviously keeping her up-to-date.

The fact that Queen Elizabeth and Prince Phillip are in their 80's and stll interact with all of their family keeps them all in the public eye, whatever the age.

I must have missed something - when did the Queen become a great-grandmother?
What gossip have I missed? With only one married grandchild which one of Peter, William or Harry has a child that I haven't heard about? Or is it one of the girls - Zara, Beatrice or Eugenie?
Please share the gossip that I have missed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Umm. There has not been a great-grandchild that the world is aware of.... I don't think.

I must have missed something - when did the Queen become a great-grandmother?
Sorry all. Hamster fell off the wheel! :hamster:

Whilst she is indeed old enough to be a Great-Grandmother in her own right, she is, in fact, only a Step-Great-Grandmother. :D

Prince Charles has a lot of contact with the Greek, Roumanian and Serbian families. I would agree about the age difference. Many of those who are Charles age are actual reigning monarchs. thus giving them an experience that he doesn't have.

Sorry, Charles was never scrutinized like William. Outside of England, he was not much of a draw. Perhaps, in the Commonwealth. William is international. He is Diana's son. The torch bearer or the icon. Everything he does of is interest, nonsense or not.

Princess Mary was just that "Princess Mary". Kate is just a young woman whose every move is photgraphed. Mary was basically unseen. She even changed fiancees, when one died and another candidate was proffered. And, please tell me, what Camilla did that was so worthwhile in her days, before being elevated to her present status that would make her worthy to be queen. Same sorry record.

{off-topic personal comment deleted - Elspeth}

I'm just a tad older than Prince Charles and he was always in our news when he did or was going to do something. I've been a Charles fan since I was 10 and had knowledge he existed. He's always been, as you say, "international." PW is no more or less important than his father. If he is so elevated due to being Diana's son, then he's just a pile of genetic material that includes hers. In my eyes, this does not make him special. His future circumstance is what makes him special and I, too, wish he would act his age. How old does one have to be these days to cease being a child. That goes for his widdle brother too!

Personally, I think HM QEII is very inspiring and not for being showy, or flamboyant, or anything like that, just for being solid, and consistant. You always know what you are going to get with HM and that speaks volumes.

How are William and Harry not acting their age? Like most of their contemporaries they are trying to find their place in life in regards to their relationships and their careers.

Charles had to undergo the same type of scrutiny...here's hoping that they turn out just as well.

I agree, Russo, the Queen is an inspiration. I like familiarity and even though I'm not a subject, she is the type of person I've always wanted to emulate. Nothing wrong with being predictable. Just because a person is young does not mean they have carte blanche to make A$$e$ of themselves. When comparing people to other people, I have to compare them to me. Frankly, being a middle-class Amreican, I was expected to stop the nonsense by the time I was 21, preferably 18. It wasn't difficult. I predict that PB will be the next problem child.

It's not that they are uninspiring, they are uninteresting. Other than the gossip and the clothes and jewels, no one would take notice. The do their jobs, which are not a big deal and that's that. The Queen is steadfast, that she is. She inspires me to nothing.

It's not that they are uninspiring, they are uninteresting. Other than the gossip and the clothes and jewels, no one would take notice. The do their jobs, which are not a big deal and that's that. The Queen is steadfast, that she is. She inspires me to nothing.
Ah! It is life, after all and to see that HM has NOT succumbed to drugs, alcohol, or sessions on Jerry Springer to air all her dirty laundry out in public which seems to be the norm and the medium of choice for her former daughters-in-law is inspiring to moi.

From my life experience, people are inspiring when there is a need to be or based on life experiences.

The role of the BRF and the SRF after the terrorists attacks in London and Spain. They served as a face for the nation sharing the horror of the victims. The Queen speaking to the country. Charles, Camilla, Sophie, Anne, Edward, etc....visiting the victims and the police who worked the investigation. That's inspiring a kind of we are all in this together.

Likewise the victims of the attacks are inspiring because of what they went thru, the losses they suffered, the dedication of the people of the UK who woke up the next day determined to try to live a normal life. That is inspiring.

We don't need the Queen or the BRF to be inspiring every day. Just when it counts. They aren't circus animals or cheerleaders trying to win an everyday game.

We don't need the Queen or the BRF to be inspiring every day. Just when it counts. They aren't circus animals or cheerleaders trying to win an everyday game.

An excellent point which I think is too often forgotten. She is there when it counts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom