British Royal Family Current Events 10: July 2018 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought her part in the speech with regards the difference between statesmen and politicians was excellent. Right on the mark.

I agree, her message to the politicians was clear, and well put!

The Queen looked awful, tired, frail and old. Yes I know she is 95 but she looked even older. She has certainly been ill, if she isn't still ill. It is the worst she has ever looked. She looked a lot better at the reception a couple of weeks ago and looks like she has aged about 10 years since then.
Nonsense. What are you talking about? I know people 10 years and more younger looking like that.

HM is fine...I think. The dress really is an unfortunate example of how wearing the wrong colors can absolutely make you look not just worse, but older and ill. Rare misstep by Angela Kelly. However her words "none of us will live forever" gave me a little pang.

Her ability to deliver an impactful speech remains incredible. That is seventy years of focused gravitas. And it's lovely she mentions Philip and gets to use him to urge people to act.

I haven't seen the controversy about President Biden and William, but Biden is forty years older, famously hands-on, and William is not the sovereign. If you think Biden is viewing him as anything other than a grandson, I don't know what to say. Pretty sure no one's dignity was offended. William and Catherine were famously friendly with the Obamas.

Last edited:
Nonsense. What are you talking about? I know people 10 years and more younger looking like that.

I am talking about a woman who clearly looks ill. She has never looked this bad before. She looked good at the reception a couple of weeks ago and now looks ill. Look at her eyes - so sunken.

As for the speech - well I would take notice if she hadn't just vetoed paying green taxes on Balmoral in Scotland, which everyone else has to pay - it is one rule for us and another for her and her family and the rest of these wealthy people. When they stop travelling all around the world to have their jollies while telling us to change our lifestyle I will listen but until then I will see them as hypocrites. This entire show could, and should, have been done via zoom if they are serious - they aren't.

The Queen speaks words of wisdom; she realises that actions are what the environment really needs.
Unelected, The Queen, Prince Charles and Prince William can afford to speak up in defense of climate.
Politicians have an ear to the popular vote out of necessity.
Enabling a truly statesman-like response is one of the great benefits of our investment in Monarchy.

I was also encouraged by Twiggy Forrest's campaign for clean energy.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I love the Dchss of Gloucester - she´s such a fine lady!

Here's a video of members of the RF from this evenings Queen's Awards For Enterprise at Windsor Castle.

Wonderful that the queen attended the christenings.

Such lovely news. Really wonderful that the queen's great-grandsons could be christened and that the matriarch of the family was able to attend. The christening took place at the same church in which Beatrice's wedding was held last year. And very much a family event as great-uncle Charles also played a role by bringing water of the river Jordan (there were indeed pictures of Charles and Camilla visiting the river Jordan during their recent trip to the Middle East).

Cressida was present; I wouldn't be surprised if she is one of the godparents of August. Any ideas on who the woman next to Peter Philips is? The woman in the back looks a bit like Autumn (but picture is a bit blurred).

In 1964 there were quite a few royal babies as well in the BRF; no double christening at that time? In the Dutch royal family they had a double christening in 1970 (for prince Constantijn and prince Bernhard both born in the final quarter of 1969).

Last edited:
Lovely that they did it together and that the Queen could come.
So, who wore the Family christeninggown. [emoji6]

That’s lovely that they had a double baptism and that HM was able to attend.

I wasn't sure The Queen would make it. Then again, I wasn't sure that there would even be a christening, double or not. Daily Mail isn't exactly among my trusted sources.

How lovely she was able to attend! Jack's parents as well. And Eugenie and Mike were positively beaming.

How lovely that they had a joint baptism! I’m sure everyone loved it after a difficult year.

I believe that I see the Duchess of Cambridge in the back of Peter Philips’ car.

Lovely that The Queen was able to attend the double christening at Windsor. She looks great in green.

I was also sceptical when the "rumours" broke out from the tabloids.

Why should Kate arrive in a car with Peter Philips?

Jack Brooksbank has been looking so grim lately. I hope we will see him smile again someday soon.:ermm:

Isn't the family christening gown reserved for direct heirs only?

Nope, it’s allowed to be worn by any member of the family. The children of Lord Frederick have even worn the gown.

So, who wore the Family christeninggown. [emoji6]

It's been suggested that maybe they baptised one baby first, then did a quick swap with the christening gown whilst the congregation sang a couple of hymns, then baptised the second baby! Just speculation in the press, but I rather hope that it's true - it'd be a shame if either or both of them missed out on wearing it.

I'm really glad this whole thing wasn't just a rumour and that HM was indeed able to attend. I hope everyone had a lovely day.

I can't tell if that's Kate in the car with Peter but it might be.

I'm assuming Lindsay Wallace (next to Peter) and Cressida Bonas were probably godparents.

I hope Eugenie does post a couple of pictures in the next few days.

Such lovely news. Really wonderful that the queen's great-grandsons could be christened and that the matriarch of the family was able to attend. The christening took place at the same church in which Beatrice's wedding was held last year. And very much a family event as great-uncle Charles also played a role by bringing water of the river Jordan (there were indeed pictures of Charles and Camilla visiting the river Jordan during their recent trip to the Middle East).

Cressida was present; I wouldn't be surprised if she is one of the godparents of August. Any ideas on who the woman next to Peter Philips is? The woman in the back looks a bit like Autumn (but picture is a bit blurred).

In 1964 there were quite a few royal babies as well in the BRF; no double christening at that time? In the Dutch royal family they had a double christening in 1970 (for prince Constantijn and prince Bernhard both born in the final quarter of 1969).

My friend’s 2-year-old and newborn sons and their cousin (her brother’s daughter) were all baptized yesterday!

Eugenie seems quite keen on sharing photos, and so does Mike Tindall, so fingers crossed!

It's been suggested that maybe they baptised one baby first, then did a quick swap with the christening gown whilst the congregation sang a couple of hymns, then baptised the second baby! Just speculation in the press, but I rather hope that it's true - it'd be a shame if either or both of them missed out on wearing it.
I am hoping something like that too. Though, ofcourse, we may never find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom