British Royal Family Current Events 10: July 2018 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a video of the Royal Visit to the Defense Medical Rehabilitation Centre Stanford Hall earlier today.

Thanks for posting that video! I'm all for more of these for doing joint engagements, but I admit it's mostly for the personal interactions....

British Royal Family Current Events 10: July 2018

Very enjoyable visit. I love the personal interaction between the 2 couples.

Last edited:

I love the end of the headline on this article “...and Charles jokes back!” As if Charles had never told a joke in his life.

It’s interesting how the media can portray someone in a certain way and how it sticks. Charles still hasn’t completely shaken off the cold and sour image he had, or was given by the press, during his marriage and divorce. Which is odd because Charles seems quite witty to me, with the occasional goofy Dad joke thrown in.

I love the end of the headline on this article “...and Charles jokes back!” As if Charles had never told a joke in his life.

It’s interesting how the media can portray someone in a certain way and how it sticks. Charles still hasn’t completely shaken off the cold and sour image he had, or was given by the press, during his marriage and divorce. Which is odd because Charles seems quite witty to me, with the occasional goofy Dad joke thrown in.

I have to respectfully disagree with you on this. Ever since Charles married his Camilla, his public and private life seem to have fallen into place and its rare these days to not see Charles smiling and laughing and cracking a joke here or there. Life is definitely agreeing with him.

I think he also has a good rapport with both of his sons and their wives and of course, the grandchildren. He's even turned part of his Highgrove gardens into a veritable child's dream playground for them to enjoy.

Very heart warming. Kate looks so officious.

:previous:Great pics and video, esp enjoyed watching Charles wheel William closer to the basketball hoop. Adorable!!

I have to respectfully disagree with you on this. Ever since Charles married his Camilla, his public and private life seem to have fallen into place and its rare these days to not see Charles smiling and laughing and cracking a joke here or there. Life is definitely agreeing with him.

I think he also has a good rapport with both of his sons and their wives and of course, the grandchildren. He's even turned part of his Highgrove gardens into a veritable child's dream playground for them to enjoy.

I agree... The media seems to actually really enjoy Charles and Camilla, surprisingly (to them). He’s got a sense of humor which he didn’t ever seem to show - naturally- until he was truly happy and she’s just a fantastic lady.

I would also add that his relationship with his parents is much improved from decades ago. There’s nothing I love more (*)than to see Charles and his mum laughing hysterically at the Highland Games, lol. Whatever wounds were between them (HM and Philip) have been repaired, and that’s significant. So, his being just overall much happier has also made him more relaxed, able to be himself, and that’s what the media is seeing.

*Except seeing Charles with his sons and grandchildren

This could probably go in the “Relationships” thread, but we’ve been discussing William and a Charles here and the article does focus on this last engagement, so....

The headline is a bit dramatic as I’m sure the BRF will be fine, but I understand the point. It’s been a rough patch for the Royals, and I think this was a lovely moment for them. It’s wonderful to see Charles and William bonding more closely as Charles mentors him. Some people are worried about the monarchy after the Queen passes away, but as her father taught her the ropes, so she has taught her son, and he her grandson.

Much has been made of the relaxed body language between the duke and his father on the engagement. Royal insiders are talking of further joint engagements and collaborations in the pipeline as the monarchy, down three senior members, adapts to a more streamlined working model.

One sensed a spontaneous warmth between them,” she told Vanity Fair. “Apart from the very visible bond, there’s plenty of evidence indicating a closer alignment between Charles and William. During the crisis over Prince Andrew’s scandals last year, both the Queen and Prince Charles ensured that Prince William played an active role in the decision-making. That cooperation was also apparent in hammering out an agreement with Harry and Meghan to leave their official duties with the royal family.”

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2020/02/prince-william-prince-charles-joint-engagements

IIRC this is the first and only time the couple have ever attended church with the Queen- not including the Christmas services

Nice to see them attend church with the queen. I could imagine them perhaps having lunch with her after. Great that they spend some personal time not just the commonwealth event, with his grandmother.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to see them attend church with the queen. I could imagine them perhaps having lunch with her after. Great that they spend some personal time not just the commonwealth event, with his grandmother.

When one is i the 90s, you have no idea if they will get the opportunity to ever meet again or not.

When one is i the 90s, you have no idea if they will get the opportunity to ever meet again or not.

Or in their 80's, 70's or any age for that matter. You never know what matters.

Not everyone lives close to their grandparents. Harry will likely see more of his grandparents then majority of people out there. I saw my grandparents once a year if lucky before they died. It seems Harry is being held to different 'visit your grandma' standards then anyone else because grandma is the queen.

Really nice that the Sussexes went to church with HM this morning! I'm sure it was a welcome visit from her.

Hmm. Interesting about the Cambridge. What are the chances the the four of them enter together like they did in the past? A parting shot of the "Fab Four".

Really surprised since the Cambridges are listed in the program.

Hmm. Interesting about the Cambridge. What are the chances the the four of them enter together like they did in the past? A parting shot of the "Fab Four".

Really surprised since the Cambridges are listed in the program.

The Wessexes are also not taking part, the procession will now only be The Queen, The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall.

However I like your idea.

They did that in 2018. Cambridges and Sussexes entered together. That year Andrew, Anne, and Sophie were also in attendance. Only Charles and Camilla walked.

Interesting if they decided that again. It was said by the press that the amended occurred last night but the programs were already printed. So wonder why they decided to not have the Cambridges walk as well.

Can anyone explain what all this means? I’m not familiar with the Commonwealth service and I don’t know if this is good, bad or indifferent. Thanks!

Interesting if they decided that again. It was said by the press that the amended occurred last night but the programs were already printed. So wonder why they decided to not have the Cambridges walk as well.

Maybe they met yesterday evening for dinner at KP / windsor or CP and decided that.

Can anyone explain what all this means? I’m not familiar with the Commonwealth service and I don’t know if this is good, bad or indifferent. Thanks!

So when the royals arrive, they wait for The Queen who arrives last, and process (walk) up the main aisle as a group to their seats. It’s now been decided that the Sussexes, Cambridge’s and Wessexes will not process. They will go straight to their seats and not wait for The Queen. As ACO says this happened in 2018, it’s not good bad or indifferent really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom