The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-26-2017, 08:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
We're alike in that respect. Set the ambiance of where we are to suit the ambiance of the program we're watching.

I've done that so many times with books too. Totally tuned out a ringing telephone because I was so engrossed in the 11th century.

Old 08-05-2017, 07:49 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

No release date yet for Season 2 but there will be a Christmas special.

Victoria series 2: Jenna Coleman's granddad to appear in the ITV drama

Old 08-05-2017, 08:08 AM
Majesty

Is this going to be dragged on and on throughout V's life? Because I think that one season was enough. Its not tat Vic isn't an interesting character but the way they've done this series has been too drawn out.
Old 08-05-2017, 08:39 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Is this going to be dragged on and on throughout V's life? Because I think that one season was enough. Its not tat Vic isn't an interesting character but the way they've done this series has been too drawn out.

I believe there is ample room for more than one season as they have only barely explored Queen Victoria's children (only Victoria, Princess Royal, has been born so far), or her marital life with Prince Albert. If the series goes on, however, past the 1850s, they will probably have to recast Victoria as they are planning to do with Elizabeth in The Crown, I suppose.

The history of the Victorian age is very rich with a succession of iconic prime ministers and several major world events as well as milestones for the British Empire and (future) Dominions specifically. So there is plenty of material to be covered in the series. I would advise the writers to stick with the "Young Victoria" formula though and have at most three seasons only.
Old 08-05-2017, 12:26 PM
Royal Highness

I for one am delighted that there will be more then just one season for it peaked my interest so much in Victoria that I went out and searched for some good books on her to learn more about her and her time in history. I find there is so much to learn yet about this time in the British history and it is every interesting. This site TRF is such a wealth of info for all royal watchers, live history of a family and government in the making all the time.
Way to go TRF........
Old 08-10-2017, 12:53 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Series 2 Trailer,looks like Dame Diana Rigg has joined the cast!

http://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-...euch-watch-ITV
Old 08-10-2017, 01:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Apparently Dame Diana is playing the Duchess of Bucchleuch who is the new Mistress of the Robes. Apparently the real Duchess was in her 30s when she became Mistress of the Robes.
Old 08-20-2017, 01:17 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Victoria Season 2 is back next Sunday, the 27th of August on ITV.

Victoria season 2 air date announced | Den of Geek
Old 08-27-2017, 06:27 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Victoria season 2: Watch Dame Diana Rigg's hilarious debut as Duchess of Buccleuch HERE

Victoria season 2: Watch Dame Diana Rigg's hilarious debut as Duchess of Buccleuch HERE | TV & Radio | Showbiz & TV | Express.co.uk
Old 09-02-2017, 07:05 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Lord Melbourne clashes with Prince Albert in surprise return.

Victoria season 2 - Lord M CLASHES with Prince Albert in shock return | TV & Radio | Showbiz & TV | Express.co.uk
Old 09-06-2017, 07:52 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Victoria Episode 2 "The Green-Eyed Monster" Dame Diana Rigg again stole the show with her lines.

Old 09-15-2017, 06:28 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

ITV’s Victoria: How did Lord Melbourne die in real life?

I didn't know myself but this should answer any questions!

How did Queen Victoria's ex-prime minister Lord Melbourne die? ITV and BBC First in Australia - Radio Times
Old 10-03-2017, 07:14 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Irish Famine of the mid 1840's features heavily in episode 6

British TV viewers share shock at portrayal of Irish Famine in Victoria | Irish Examiner

Old 12-07-2017, 04:37 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Victoria Christmas special-sure to be an ITV ratings winner on Christmas Day.

Old 12-20-2017, 06:47 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Victoria Season 3 has been confirmed,The Christmas Day special will air on Christmas Day at 9pm on ITV.

https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv...istmas-special
Old 12-26-2017, 07:48 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Christmas Special wasn't a ratings hit and struggled up against UK Soap EastEnders, attracting just 2.7m viewers despite getting good reviews.

Victoria, Christmas Special 2017 was a welcome gift for us all: review
Old 03-27-2018, 01:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

Just watched the 2nd Season Finale. I thought I wouldn’t like this drama, but I’m officially hooked. Jenna Coleman brought a young Queen Victoria to life again. All the actors brought these people back to life. I truly enjoyed this drama and I’m looking forward to season 3.

Also, I love that Sarah Forbes Bonetta was added to the storyline. She was a young princess that we don’t hear about at all. So it was a real treat to see her factual portrayal and that Queen Victoria treated her with such dignity and had sympathy for Sarah’s horrible situation.

A.W. TOZER
Old 03-28-2018, 07:42 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Victoria series 3 will explore sexual tensions in Royal marriage.

Victoria season 3 to explore 'sexual tensions' between Queen and Albert. ITV, PBS Masterpiece in the US, ABC and BBC First in Australia, TVNZ 1 - Radio Times
Old 03-28-2018, 07:49 AM
Royal Highness

Now after reading the news article, I just went , this will be very interesting to view and see the reactions of everyone.....
Old 03-28-2018, 08:34 AM
Majesty

Yes, and the theory of Victoria and Albert having had some pre marital sex is also...interesting though IMO not very likely!