British Royal Family: Documentaries, DVDs, Films and TV shows

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BBC 6-part series: The Country House Revealed

If you enjoy the history and romance of grand English Country Houses, this series is perfect. I am linking the first episode, and then if interested, you can find the other episodes on Youtube, probably somewhere lined up on the same page as the linked first episode:

Will check it out. Thanks for posting this, MaiaMia_53!

Wonderful...I love it! Thanks MaiaMaia53!?

I just watched this & thought it was really well done although only a short programme. I loved the interviews with people who are connected in some way to Meghan ie the wedding choir & also the comments from the black British women. This could easily have been an hour long - shame they clearly had to cut all the footage they had to fit 30 mins.

Yes, I watched the doc too. I was surprised it was so short. I didn’t look at the scheduled timing.

It was decent and I enjoyed the interviews from Bishop Curry and The Kingdom Choir director.

Kate V Meghan: Princesses At War? - Channel 5 Documentary

I believe this is a repeat but it is showing on UK Channel 5 at 11.55pm tonight.

"Documentary examining if there's any truth behind the media suggestions of unrest following Meghan Markle's entry into the Royal Family."

Good Afternoon Everybody,

You all can watch the documentary, Margaret: The Rebel Princess, here-
https://www.pbs.org/program/margaret-rebel-princess/

A wonderful documentary with videos and pics of Princess Margaret that we’ve never seen. It gives you a bit more insight into her life and her “free” side. Interviews from royal biographers, friends and her lady-in-waiting. I hope you all enjoy.

:previous:

Thanks for sharing Dman! I am glad to see a more balanced portrait of Princess Margaret come out, particularly in light of the gross assumptions, mischaracterizations, and generalizations depicted in the fictional The Crown Netflix series. Not to mention the general trend toward re-writing the true history of Margaret's star-crossed love affair with Peter Townsend.

So I am hopeful to find this latest documentary on Margaret to be more fair, blanced, and enlightening.

Crown and Country (TV Series 1998–2001)

A touching, beautiful documentary series about the last millennium of British history. It focuses on places where the aristocracy lived, led, fought, and died, so we get a look at spectacular buildings and ruins. Prince Edward wrote and narrated the series, demonstrating that humble intellectual nature of modern royalty.

New Royal Babies Documentary:

:previous: Sorry, I posted before seeing you had posted the same news about the Gayle King special. If any of Meghan's close friends appear, they will certainly use caution in what they reveal. And since King has some kind of inside track due to being Oprah's friend, I would imagine she won't jeopardize her insider status by doing anything that breaches or crosses a line regarding the Sussexes' privacy. Oprah is also going to be producing a documentary series on mental health with Harry, likely being discussed here in an appropriate thread.

On American television, CBS' 48 Hours series will air a special with Gayle King on May 17, entitled Meghan & Harry, Plus One
https://deadline.com/2019/04/gayle-king-meghan-markle-prince-harry-baby-special-cbs-news-1202593000/

Last edited by a moderator:
This played this week on my cable provider - I sort of watched it (my baseball team was playing on TV too, so I was back and forth.) Samantha was featured in a couple of talking heads, she came across as reasonable and then boom, she’d slip something vitriolic about her half sister into her comments. No wonder the only person in her family she’s not estranged from is her father.

Video:
Sky News Report: The Meghan Effect- Everyone on the Royal Forums should take a good look at this special report.

Meghan Markle: Movies, Marriage and Motherhood- Documentary with interviews from Meghan’s former teachers too.

ITV Special Progamme: Whats the point of Royal Reporting? A discussion about reporting on the royal family-

Video is now unavailable.

We should be careful posting links to youtube due to copyright reasons. Just because it is on youtube or the internet doesn't mean it isn't subject to the same copyright rules as apply to a book or magazine - they are - and the owners are getting tougher at enforcing their rights.

On June 5, on the Smithsonian Channel in the U.S., they are airing a documentary called D-Day: The King who fooled Hitler. They do air many specials that originate in the UK, and this seems to be one of them as I believe it's already aired in England based on my Googling research.

I watch/read as much as I can about George VI as I adore him - and I love to learn as much as I can about the Royal Family (plus, I'm a history buff).

For those who watched this documentary, can you share your thoughts? Thanks!

Timeline's recent documentary on the Harry/Meghan romance is interesting. I don't agree with everything the talking heads say, but I think this production is well put together and worth taking a look at.

There's a point when a quote by Andrew Morton juxtaposed by past words from Meghan's The Tig about her upbringing, is especially thought-provoking:

Andrew Morton: “Meghan had to learn from quite an early age, not only to be diplomatic with her parents (who split up when she was two) but also to be diplomatic with the outside world. She's learned to bend, she's learned to be fluid, she's learned to see the other point of view.”

Meghan Markle: "That is what I grew up seeing, so that is what I grew up being. A young adult with a social conscience to do what I could and to, at the very least, speak up when I knew something was wrong.”

I remember seeing them talking to him on the very first day of the tour. I wonder if they did more. I assume Harry for sure on his solo leg.

Bradby is comfortable hands for Harry (and William) I guess so I am not surprised they allowed him decent access. Looking forward to seeing this.

On Sunday, oct.20th, 9 pm, ITN will air a "behind the scenes documentary" (Quote) about Harry and Meghan´s South Africa Trip, called "H and M - An African Journey"

Back
Top Bottom