The Swedish Royals and The World Childhood Foundation, Part 1 (May 2003-May 2018)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Iceflower, thanks for posting the lovely pictures of the Childhood-Gala in New York. Both, the queen and princess Madeleine look beautiful on yesterday evening.

What are they doing the last days together in New York?

Like Princess Madelaine's hairstyle at this NY charity gala event. Seems to point to a more mature outlook from the beautiful princess who looked her usual glamorous self.

What is the world childhood foundation btw? The same foundation that usually gives a charity ball in Paris each year, where many royals attend? The one where Queen Paola and many other royals and first ladies are involved in too? Or is this a different organization?

Madelaine seems to be wearing some nice earrings, are they new and fake or real stones? The necklace of Queen Silvia is one of the few modern pieces of royal jewelry that I can stand btw, and it is nice to see some green gems in the Swedish collection.

World Childhood is a foundation build by Queen Silvia in the year 1999.

The "Paris"Foundation do you mean is a different foundation (build of Mrs. Chirac)!

Here a link to Queen Silvia World Childhood Foundation:

www.childhood.org

What is the world childhood foundation btw? The same foundation that usually gives a charity ball in Paris each year, where many royals attend? The one where Queen Paola and many other royals and first ladies are involved in too? Or is this a different organization?

The WCF was indeed founded by Queen Silvia herself, and the organization has raised more than $30 million since 1999, the money being donated worlwide to aid projects benefiting underprivileged and exploited children. Princess Madeleine works at WCF's headquartes in Stockholm and is likely to continue her mother's work one day.
Princess Madeleine's earrings are new but costume jewelry, unfortunately... Regarding the modern emerald set, Queen Silvia has had it since the mid-eighties. And as for the Swedish emeralds in general: Queen Silvia owns not only this one but two more complete modern emerald & diamond suites, apart from the historic Bernadotte emeralds. No shortage of green gems for her!

I think it is a pitty that we don't see any pictures of her official work!

At the Google-News-page I found an article about a meeting at the Royal Palace. Here's the link with a picture:

www.pnp.de - Passauer Neue Presse

The article says that the Queen met some people from Germany. They collect with an project money for the World Childhood Foundation.

Thanks for publish the link to the beautiful article! Great work of you. :flowers:

Silvia❦CarlGustaf;730313 said:
I think it is a pitty that we don't see any pictures of her official work!

At the Google-News-page I found an article about a meeting at the Royal Palace. Here's the link with a picture:

www.pnp.de - Passauer Neue Presse

The article says that the Queen met some people from Germany. They collect with an project money for the World Childhood Foundation.

Princess Madeleine was 5th to 7th March 2008 in Great Britan by conference World Childhood Foundation! Unfortunately without her mother.

thanks for the information ursulajohanna but do you have a link to an article that says that or any pictures...

No article, only information from Newdesk:

(On 5-Fr 7March) Konferens World Childhood Foundation
London, Storbritannien - Prinsessan Madeleine

and from royalcourt-presscenter! Unfortunately I saw pictures from press-meeting or other events of the events!

thanks for the information ursulajohanna but do you have a link to an article that says that or any pictures...

Last edited:
To my understanding Princess Madeleine works at the World childhood Foundation in Stockholm. Does anyone know if she works there full time or how many hours she puts in a week? Im just curious if anyone knows..

thanks for the link, that was interesting..

Thanks for the new pics of Madeleine . She looks radiant and beautiful . I like her outfit, very nice .

Today:
Queen Silvia smiles during a charity golf tournament at Gut-Uhlendorf in Daenischhagen near Kiel, Germany. The royal of German descent will kick off the Childhood Charity Race on 06 July, its proceeds are destined for the Queen's Childhood Foundation.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Gala/Königin Silvia hilft Kindern in Not
Bild/Königin Silvia mit Nichte in Deutschland
Queen Silvia had her niece, the 13-year-old Vivien, with her at the event.

More photos:
Belga
Belga
Belga
Belga
Belga
Belga
Belga
Belga
Belga
Belga

Last edited by a moderator:
Madeleine is a Princess anyone can admire. She embodies a look quested by the many Swedish beautiful people who take my breath away. Her smile and piercing blue eyes adorn her masterful look. She truly is a beauty. Somehow it seems she is often overlooked and for that I write my esteem. She looks like some perfect actress drawing my eyes as a fan. And she's a Princess and of Sweden. She's a real catch and I'm oh so glad to be confronted to her here and now. Thanks to the many who bring us that much closer. The sailing of boats must be a nice pass time. The water and wind are to die for I imagine. Reminds me of Jack London's love for the sea. Don't mind me if I seem silly. I just have a thing for Swedish women.

Last edited:
I just saw the german tv-show "Brisant"! There was a nice report about the weekend in Kiel. There was a interesting thing about the parents of Carl Gustaf. The grandfather of the camera man from the "Brisant-Team" made pictures of them at their wedding day and the royalcourt didn't know theses pictures. The man handed the pictures out through the queen and she was very moved. I think this is a nice story!

It was nice to see the Queen together with her nieces. I think the supported the queen like the Queen's brother Jörg did it before his death.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom