The Swedish Royals and The World Childhood Foundation, Part 1 (May 2003-May 2018)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics 16.3.2007

Sweden's Queen Silvia and Princess Madeleine attend a seminar entitled "Children and young people show the way", organised by the World Childhood Foundation, the Children's Ombudsman, BRIS (Children's Rights in Society) and Save the Children Sweden at the Royal Palace of Stockholm Friday 16, 2007

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4

Thanks for the links with beautiful pictures of the queen and Princess Madeleine. ;) Nice to see the queen after her holiday in Brasil! :flowers:

iceflower said:
Sweden's Queen Silvia and Princess Madeleine attend a seminar entitled "Children and young people show the way", organised by the World Childhood Foundation, the Children's Ombudsman, BRIS (Children's Rights in Society) and Save the Children Sweden at the Royal Palace of Stockholm Friday 16, 2007

I didn't know the queen had been to Brazil! Princess Madeleine looked very serious, business like.

Ick. Not loving Madeleine's look at all. A little too serious and dare I say it...Librarian-ish. Can't believe I said that about Madeleine! Never thought that would happen. And her make-up is awful as well, in pic 4 from above she looks scary. Of course this is only my opinion!

Aurora810 said:
Ick. Not loving Madeleine's look at all. A little too serious and dare I say it...Librarian-ish. Can't believe I said that about Madeleine! Never thought that would happen. And her make-up is awful as well, in pic 4 from above she looks scary. Of course this is only my opinion!

Well, she might look not so great, because the picture is with devil red eyes ;)

If she would always run around like this, I´d be bored as well. But the strategy of her (or the court or whoever) seems to be dull meets sexy. If one is running around like Paris Hilton at bday parties, one has to make up for it with a prudish suit. And this strategy does work so well, that I guess Madeleine will never ever change it :rolleyes:

I admit that I'm not keen on Princess Madeleine's outfit but she does look serious and business like.

Madeleine seems to be damned if she does and damned if she doesn't. When she dresses more adult and mature and appropriate for the event, she's dowdy and librarian-ish. If she dresses in a sexy dress or wears a short dress that may not be that revealing, she's a Paris Hilton Barbie doll. She can't do right, it would seem.

I found nothing wrong with her choice of attire for this event. It seemed to be a serious function, and what she wore suited that. I thought she looked really good, and not anywhere near a librarian. I've never seen a librarian look like her and I'm sure more boys would be interested in reading if they did!

Lena said:
If she would always run around like this, I´d be bored as well. But the strategy of her (or the court or whoever) seems to be dull meets sexy. If one is running around like Paris Hilton at bday parties, one has to make up for it with a prudish suit. And this strategy does work so well, that I guess Madeleine will never ever change it :rolleyes:

I completely agree Lena. To me and I'll probably get slammed for it but Madeleine seems to be the type that needs attention. So she wore a short flirty dress to a b-day party to get that attention but this type of look from the other day is more of "Yes, I know I'm a princess and I can be taken seriously" look.I don't beleive she wanted to stand out at this event and therefore we see a more serious look.

And to other posters yes I used the word librarian-ish but gee don't take it so literal it's not that I was saying that I've seen a librarian in this exact suit but I just meant it as a way to describe a more serious rather prudish(like Lena said) approach to dressing. People constantly throw the word Librarian around to describe Victoria's style but with this outfit I felt it looked very odd and old-fashioned on Madeleine. I think this is Madeleine, she will always be one to watch to see if she goes over the line.

I always wonder why did she tan her skin that deep, a bit too much, she was much better without it...:neutral:

Pics 3.6.2007

Sweden's Queen Silvia at the celebration of the Childhood Day held at Grona Lund in Stockholm.
She receives a cheque from the head of Grona Lund Ulf Larsson 3 June 2007:

Silvia 1
Silvia 2
Silvia 3

Pics 22.7.2007

Queen Silvia of Sweden poses at a sailing regatta for the benefit of children in need in Strande, Germany, 22 July 2007. The proceeds are distributed to Silvia's 'Childhood' foundation for exploited and abused children. EPA/Ulrich Perrey

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4

Thanks for posting the links to the German visit for her World Childhood Foundation. She made a great engagement for children!

The queen looks very beautifull in her red jacket!

You are most welcome, ursulajohanna :flowers:, on German television she gave an interview on Sunday and said that she sometimes
fears she could get on her husband's nerves as she's talking about the organisation all day long :);)

Here are three more pics I've found from Sunday:

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

Does anyone if Madeleine is actually currently working for the Childhood Foundation or is she doing an intern?

Does anyone if Madeleine is actually currently working for the Childhood Foundation or is she doing an intern?
She's studying children's psychology at Stockholm University and working at the World Childhood Foundation's office in Stockholm.

Yesterday evening, the queen give a Gala for her World Childhood Foundation in Sao Paulo/Brasil.

Did everyone in Brasil read about this event or see pictures by agency?

Unfortunately, we don't see at last years no pictures of the Galas in Brasil!

Lena, the Childhood-Gala in Sao Paulo/Brasil was 18th October, information by Mrs. Jernberg (Royalcourt). ;)

Here a link with information (in portugish) about the Gala - unfortunately without pictures!
Notícias - 18 de outubro de 2007

But we haven't see pictures or other information about the travel of the queen (press meeting or visit projects of her Childhood Foundation?). That is pitty for us! :ermm:

When was this? On October 18th maybe? This one was/is still in the schedule. But they had also listed an other Childhood gala in Brazil on October 23rd and this one got removed.
And tomorrow the queen should have been in Kalmar with the king...but this got removed as well :confused:

Last edited:
Thanks for the Washington DC photos, I like Madeleine's hair and outfit.

what is she dooing in Washington ? for studdy or is she visiting someone ??

Princess Madeleine visit Washington for attend World Childhood Seminar and other things for the foundation in USA.

Princess Madeleine will attend by World-Childhood-Gala 12th November 2007 in New York, too!

I can't wait to see what dress Princess Madeleine will wear! I bet she will look stunning!

But most interesting is, what was she doing the last days for Childhood Foundation in USA! ;)

We only the few pictures of Seminar in Washington!

I can't wait to see what dress Princess Madeleine will wear! I bet she will look stunning!

The Swedish Royals and The World Childhood Foundation

Her Royal Highness Princess Madeleine of Sweden and Her Majesty
Queen Silvia of Sweden attend the World Childhood Foundation USA
Gala at 583 Park Avenue on November 12, 2007 in New York City

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5

Madeleine's looking gorgeous as always..Loving the hair too!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom